Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 21st 2009, 11:37 am

Okay, Congrats.

Last edited by Demented Vampire on October 22nd 2009, 11:56 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
X-mas Puds
Observer
Observer

Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 21st 2009, 2:03 pm

Gratz dan. you'll do a good job ;)
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 21st 2009, 5:08 pm

Thanks everyone. (:
-Dan
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 21st 2009, 5:40 pm

Brian wrote:
I'm just glad I decided to step down. She deserved that position; I couldn't handle the pressures.
Yes, and you were starting to become super-INactive. Smileygurl did deserve it and is just awesome at it. :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 12:06 am

Hidden wrote:
Brian wrote:
I'm just glad I decided to step down. She deserved that position; I couldn't handle the pressures.
Yes, and you were starting to become super-INactive. Smileygurl did deserve it and is just awesome at it.

So true. So very true.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 1:12 pm

Philly Phanatic wrote:
I am have been promoted to an administrator
-Dan

Whaaaa? =P

Okay, seriously, I don't think Dan should be promoted. Other candidates probably deserve that spot more than he does (LULZ NO IM NOT ASKING FOR THE PLACE =D). No offense, Dan, but you haven't been that active lately and you didn't do that much since you were admined. Heck, you didn't even bother to change your rank until someone pointed that out. I know you're all busy with school and all, but yeah...
If you did help around with something that I'm not aware of, then excuse me for not being psychic. Although if you did something productive in the forum, you should point that out. Don't leave us stumbling around in the dark. Again, I don't mean to offend you, this is just my opinion..Dan shouldn't be an admin. Please don't kill me. D:

P.S. IT'S GRAMMAR NOT GRAMMER. :D
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 4:00 pm

Too be really honest with all of you. I actually agree with DB. =|
Back to top Go down
Rudolph
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 4:01 pm

I don't wanna get killed.. ): But me too.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 4:45 pm

Frightening Fudge wrote:

Ice es surry fer mey baed GRAMMER.

Demented Vampire wrote:
I think I already know the answer to this, but who did you want? :roll:
Back to top Go down
Rudolph
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 4:53 pm

Hidden wrote:
Frightening Fudge wrote:

No! BAD! eet ish grammar ! wiff dee A not dee er >:[

Last edited by Madi-O-Lantern on October 22nd 2009, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 4:54 pm

Hidden wrote:
Frightening Fudge wrote:

P.S. IT'S GRAMMAR NOT GRAMMER.

Demented Vampire wrote:
I think I already know the answer to this, but who did you want?
Yeah, you always have to quote me don't you? Just like every single post I make. And infact, I didn't mind anyone being an admin but not Dan. Why? Well, for reasons above. No offense. And I know you wanted to be an admin yourself Tricky. Don't try hide that.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 5:10 pm

Demented Vampire wrote:
Hidden wrote:
Frightening Fudge wrote:

Demented Vampire wrote:
Yeah, you always have to quote me don't you? Just like every single post I make. And infact, I didn't mind anyone being an admin but not Dan. Why? Well, for reasons above. No offense. And I know you wanted to be an admin yourself Tricky. Don't try hide that.
No, I don't. I believe Dan was one of the top choices and a good one at that. I hardly ever saw him online with me at the same time, but I know that he is/was here because he is a constant poster. He gave a lot of ideas and suggestions.

I won't hide it, because it is true. I wanted to be an admin, but not for the wrong reasons. I want to improve the forums that I go to the highest standard possible. I try to help as much as possible in achieving this. If someone is better suited for the job and can do a higher quality job than me, then they deserve it and should have it. Currently, I am a mod at 3 forums, a leader of a clan/group, a designer/coder, and even then I volunteer for more positions at these forums when they need someone to fill the spot. I am never really in the running however, I just am a backup for the position in case no one else can fit it. It's cool to have power such as this/that but I don't deserve it in most cases.
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 5:16 pm

Hidden wrote:
Demented Vampire wrote:
Hidden wrote:
Frightening Fudge wrote:

Demented Vampire wrote:
No, I don't. I believe Dan was one of the top choices and a good one at that. I hardly ever saw him online with me at the same time, but I know that he is/was here because he is a constant poster. He gave a lot of ideas and suggestions.

I won't hide it, because it is true. I wanted to be an admin, but not for the wrong reasons. I want to improve the forums that I go to the highest standard possible. I try to help as much as possible in achieving this. If someone is better suited for the job and can do a higher quality job than me, then they deserve it and should have it. Currently, I am a mod at 3 forums, a leader of a clan/group, a designer/coder, and even then I volunteer for more positions at these forums when they need someone to fill the spot. I am never really in the running however, I just am a backup for the position in case no one else can fit it. It's cool to have power such as this/that but I don't deserve it in most cases.
Really? Well you know what. I might aswell just say it too. I didn't mind being an admin aswell. I thought it would of been fun to help out and update things etc. But too be honest, I was talking with users and they even mentioned about Dan being an admin. I'm not gonna say what they said but anyways, the point is. We both didn't mind being admins and none of us was chosen. So...I'm gonna leave Dan to be an admin now and I'm not gonna say anything else. I just realised were arguing. Plus, were both moderators.

I'm ending this now. Carry on if you want too.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 5:21 pm

Well then, all you guys donít think I should be an admin, lets here your genius ideas you have. Out of all of us, Iíve probably been here the longest. I know what its like to be an admin on a HUGE forum such as this one. And I'm not active? Donít even act like you guys are. Pshh. Oh and also my rank, whoís really paying attention to their rank, Brian said he was adding me to the group therefore I thought he would, but he didnít. Why do you all care? You guys are like " We need a new admin" over and over. We get one and you guys pick out the negativity in it. Itís a lose, lose situation with you guys. You need to cheer up a little bit.
-Dan

Last edited by Philly Phanatic on October 22nd 2009, 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 5:37 pm

I will agree with Dan. He has always been a respected member of this forum therefore we chose him. You guys never really said who you wanted to be admin. Only a few people did but that was not helpful enough. We used our best judgment on this.

He is active enough to take care of things and you all should be fortunate he is an admin.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 5:59 pm

Philly Phanatic wrote:
Well then, allll you guys dont think I should be an admin, lets here your genious ideas you have. Out of all of us, ive probably been here the longest. I know what its like to be an admin on a HUGE forum such as this one. And I'm not active? Dont even act like you guys are. Pshh. Oh and also, my rank. Whos really paying attention to thier rank, Brian said he was adding me to the group therefore I thought he would, but he didnt. Why do you all care? You guys are like " We need a new admin" over and over. We get one and you guys pick out the negativity in it. Its a lose, lose situation with you guys. You need to cheer up a little bit.
-Dan

I'd like to say a few things without turning this into a huge flame war:
-"let's here your genious ideas you have"
Come on, Dan...Seriously?
-Tricky and you joined on the same day, so technically, both of you have been around here for the same amount of time. Not like that matters anyway. =D
-Having experience and running a big forum before are two things that don't instantly make you a great admin. Other things contribute to that.
-iElmo and Demented Vampire are online 24/7, I always come across one of their posts in most of the topics I read. I can't for the love of me say that the same thing applies to you.
-The rank was only mentioned as an example.
-We're not being negative, we're stating our opinions. Well, at least I know am. =P
-Cheer up as in "shut it and accept what you get." Am I rite? ;P
-FireFox comes with a spellchecker. =D

I don't know, I really don't know. Respect is earned, not deserve; I guess I'll just have to sit and watch.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 6:05 pm

Demented Vampire wrote:
Hidden wrote:
Demented Vampire wrote:
Hidden wrote:
Frightening Fudge wrote:

Demented Vampire wrote:

Really? Well you know what. I might aswell just say it too. I didn't mind being an admin aswell. I thought it would of been fun to help out and update things etc. But too be honest, I was talking with users and they even mentioned about Dan being an admin. I'm not gonna say what they said but anyways, the point is. We both didn't mind being admins and none of us was chosen. So...I'm gonna leave Dan to be an admin now and I'm not gonna say anything else. I just realised were arguing. Plus, were both moderators.

I'm ending this now. Carry on if you want too.
I wouldn't have mind being an admin, but Dan may be better.

I have to reply, it's in my nature. I shall end this now however. If you have taken those words of yours to heart, then this will be the end.

Philly Phanatic wrote:
Well then, all you guys donít think I should be an admin, lets here your genius ideas you have. Out of all of us, Iíve probably been here the longest. I know what its like to be an admin on a HUGE forum such as this one. And I'm not active? Donít even act like you guys are. Pshh. Oh and also my rank, whoís really paying attention to their rank, Brian said he was adding me to the group therefore I thought he would, but he didnít. Why do you all care? You guys are like " We need a new admin" over and over. We get one and you guys pick out the negativity in it. Itís a lose, lose situation with you guys. You need to cheer up a little bit.
-Dan
I think you were a good choice. You will do a good job (hopefully, it's too early to tell). I've been here since the start of CPL. I joined CPP on it's opening day but later on in the evening because the computer was inaccessible at that time. I'm user 38 because of that but I've still been here as long as you. What's that matter? I'm sure most of the users here could run a big forum as an admin. I also have that experience but that is away from the topic. I never see you online. Rarely. I see you post and I see threads/ideas from you but never online. I won't call you inactive over that but that is that. Define "active" for me, as I must have forgotten or we must have different ideas. I'm sorry that I can not sacrifice 24/7 of my life to these forums but I do give a big chunk of it. I suppose, everyone. You were in the group for like a day or two and even had made posts (this thread) during that time. It's a little hard to miss it, especially with the red and green all over your posts. We did need an admin and I hope you will be the one which we needed. However, if we had active admins in the first place, we wouldn't have needed anyone. I'm mad right now and so my posts may seem a little that way, but this could have been predictable. There will always be someone who doesn't agree with you on something. That's life. I don't care who is the admin, as long as they do something.

Tuxdracula wrote:
You guys never really said who you wanted to be admin. Only a few people did but that was not helpful enough. We used our best judgment on this.
I quote-

Tuxdracula wrote:
Okay. Here is the deal. I will be discussing the new admin event with the other admins and not the moderators. I realized we might say a few things about what you guys may have done in the past. It is best that we take care of this without you.

Thank's for the feedback,
-Brian-

Tuxdracula wrote:
He is active enough to take care of things and you all should be fortunate he is an admin.
Ok, now what about those who are NOT active enough to take care of things? Are we fortunate enough to have them as well?

Frightening Fudge wrote:
Philly Phanatic wrote:
Well then, allll you guys dont think I should be an admin, lets here your genious ideas you have. Out of all of us, ive probably been here the longest. I know what its like to be an admin on a HUGE forum such as this one. And I'm not active? Dont even act like you guys are. Pshh. Oh and also, my rank. Whos really paying attention to thier rank, Brian said he was adding me to the group therefore I thought he would, but he didnt. Why do you all care? You guys are like " We need a new admin" over and over. We get one and you guys pick out the negativity in it. Its a lose, lose situation with you guys. You need to cheer up a little bit.
-Dan

-Tricky and you joined on the same day, so technically, both of you have been around here for the same amount of time. Not like that matters anyway. =D
-Having experience and running a big forum before are two things that don't instantly make you a great admin. Other things contribute to that.
-iElmo and Demented Vampire are online 24/7, I always come across one of their posts in most of the topics I read. I can't for the love of me say that the same thing applies to you.
-We're not being negative, we're stating our opinions. Well, at least I know am. =P

I don't know, I really don't know. Respect is earned, not deserve; I guess I'll just have to sit and watch.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 6:11 pm

Frightening Fudge wrote:
Philly Phanatic wrote:
-Dan

-The idea part, to the others that wanted to become an admin. DB, your not on the staff, that doesnít apply to you.
-Yes, having experience and running a big forum are a BIG part of being a good admin. But they are other qualities to a user to becoming an admin also.
-I totally disagree with their activity. But like Iíve said before in the staff forum. We all live in different time zones, therefore we get on at different times of the day. Especially you DB, you live in some other country I think. Our time difference is a good amount.
-Yea, but you made the rank thing a BIG deal.
-Yeah, I feel as if the other mods are mad/upset that they didnít get the spot, which I can see, but then they disagree with the whole thing now. When actually they are the ones that wanted a new admin. Cause I know for a fact I didnít start that up.
-I donít have Firefox; I have some cheap windows crap. And I have symptoms of Swine Flu; last thing I care about is my spelling. You know what I mean and thatís all that matters.

-Dan
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 6:27 pm

Philly Phanatic wrote:
Frightening Fudge wrote:
Philly Phanatic wrote:
-Dan

-The idea part, to the others that wanted to become an admin. DB, your not on the staff, that doesnít apply to you.
-Yes, having experience and running a big forum are a BIG part of being a good admin. But they are other qualities to a user to becoming an admin also.
-I totally disagree with their activity. But like Iíve said before in the staff forum. We all live in different time zones, therefore we get on at different times of the day. Especially you DB, you live in some other country I think. Our time difference is a good amount.
-Yeah, I feel as if the other mods are mad/upset that they didnít get the spot, which I can see, but then they disagree with the whole thing now. When actually they are the ones that wanted a new admin. Cause I know for a fact I didnít start that up.
-I donít have Firefox; I have some cheap windows crap. And I have symptoms of Swine Flu; last thing I care about is my spelling. You know what I mean and thatís all that matters.

-Dan
<--->

I don't see iElmo that much but I normally see BabyCP at least every 2 days. Posts, I see them about daily for BabyCP but hardly ever see any for iElmo. As I've said before as well. :roll:

Take it as a testing phase. Everyone is watching your moves to see if you have what it takes. The slightest things, which could easily and quickly be fixed, could affect what they/we think of you drastically. "You will do a good job (hopefully, it's too early to tell)."

No, I don't. We needed an admin. (Hopefully,) you can do it. I wanted the spot and it hit me a little, but I will get over it and forget about it.

No, you weren't the one who started it up. Brain was.

If she doesn't know, then she may not.
Back to top Go down
iSnow
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 6:45 pm

Philly Phanatic wrote:

Oh really Dan? Really? So I should start SPAMMING up the place with my posts, just to prove you that I'm active? No thanks...

Am I online? I am. Are you online? You are/or at least were 5 seconds ago. Yeah....HUUUGE time difference. And if we're close, then so is DB and you. DB and I are in the same timezone, not same country though. And since me and you spot each other online, that means that DB is no different either.

Now, explain me how huge our time zone difference is. c:
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 6:49 pm

iSpook wrote:
Philly Phanatic wrote:

Oh really Dan? Really? So I should start SPAMMING up the place with my posts, just to prove you that I'm active? No thanks...

Am I online? I am. Are you online? You are/or at least were 5 seconds ago. Yeah....HUUUGE time difference. And if we're close, then so is DB and you. DB and I are in the same timezone, not same country though. And since me and you spot each other online, that means that DB is no different either.

Now, explain me how huge our time zone difference is. c:
You are on a lot hwne I am, she is active Dan. You can have a closer time to BabyCP. I basicly only see her on on weenends because of the time. She may be on at the latest 5 PM my time.
Anways, you are doing a good job right now!

Boo!
Back to top Go down
Tory
Vagabond
Vagabond

Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 7:01 pm

Philly Phanatic wrote:
Frightening Fudge wrote:
Philly Phanatic wrote:
-Dan

-Dan

DB's too lazy to respond and is making me do it for her.

First section... Ooooook then :D
Second section... Having experiance does not a kind person make. You can have the biggest forum in the world, but does that make it any good? Does that make you a good admin, or an advertising drone? You have to respect the users as if they were other admins.
Third section... I live in Libya. My time diffrence is 6 hours from the most eastern coast of USA.
Fourth section... *Me speaking now* I don't feel like making a response for this section for DB, so I'm just gonna call a spade a spade and say "Yes"
Fifth section...Most mods were a more deserving, I believe.
Sixh section... Still, you should check your grammar. It's important on running a forum.

END DB QUOTE.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 7:03 pm

Ok, like I said, we all get on different times. DB lives in a different country, you guys.. I have no idea where you all live. =p But say some of you live on the west coast of the U.S. Then when its 3 here and im posting a little, your still in school. So you wont see me online. We all have different schedules too.
-Dan

Edit: Then why were they a better choice then me? Out of curiosity, I wanna know.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Tory
Vagabond
Vagabond

Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 7:11 pm

DB says
"Havokitten09 (6:09:05 PM): Umm...
Havokitten09 (6:09:13 PM): Well, there's you. :P
Havokitten09 (6:09:18 PM): Then there's BCP..
Havokitten09 (6:09:34 PM): Then there's RR.
Havokitten09 (6:09:55 PM): Then there's Argie, who could be easily convinced into coming back..
Havokitten09 (6:10:02 PM): Thn there's CrazyCatoon.
Havokitten09 (6:10:08 PM): Wait, no. Put CC first."

So, CC, me, BabyCP, RR, and Argie.

2 people exist on this forum at this time (Me and BCP)
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   October 22nd 2009, 7:19 pm

Thanks DB. And, I've always said that CC should be a moderator. So I must say, for a staff spot, I must agree.
-Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Administrator!   

Back to top Go down

New Administrator!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next