Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rules And Infractions.

Go down 
+8
Emess
.H0oligan
Bronze
BabyCP
Chub 777
Gitarhero1
snowmanx
Kyuu
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 21st 2010, 12:49 pm

Kyuu wrote:
BabyCP wrote:
Users are just getting so cheeky these days. D;

Although we never discussed this, I love this thread Kyuu and I think it is actually time us admins and moderators be serious about users breaking the rules.
Sorry for not discussing it, I thought it was pretty urgent.
Yeah it's fine, I totally agree with this anyway.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 21st 2010, 2:28 pm

Yes, but this opens two ways of thinking. Sooner or later as we become stricter, complaining will start on that too, as past has shown. But if we tend to get a little lenient then we get complaining on that too.

Like stated before, infractions are permanent now. Most of the rules have been here since CPP's founding. I know some users grow up and expect everyone else to too, but it doesn't work that way. You can't expect everyone to understand your actions whether they're mature or immature. Rules are rules, abide by them, because as much as we may hate some of them...they do keep us organized and civilized. And if you find the rules to "kiddy" for you then I guess CPP isn't the forum for you anymore.

Some rules have been modified and we have showed some leniency, but we can't just go overboard on it.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 21st 2010, 11:03 pm

BronzeRevolution wrote:
I have been reading the reports, Chub. Not all of the reports were valid because they had since been edited etc, but I infracted where necessary.

I've been infracting for cussing for a while now, and I'm not going to ease off.

As for ideas, I think we need to get advertisments added asap as a last attempt to monetize CPP and boost activity. After that, we will probably bring something new for summer?
I'll be talking about all this in the SF...

How about an online CPP shop where you can buy a t-shirt that says "I am a user of CPP!" or something.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 2:22 am

Triton wrote:
Yes, but this opens two ways of thinking. Sooner or later as we become stricter, complaining will start on that too, as past has shown. But if we tend to get a little lenient then we get complaining on that too.

Like stated before, infractions are permanent now. Most of the rules have been here since CPP's founding. I know some users grow up and expect everyone else to too, but it doesn't work that way. You can't expect everyone to understand your actions whether they're mature or immature. Rules are rules, abide by them, because as much as we may hate some of them...they do keep us organized and civilized. And if you find the rules to "kiddy" for you then I guess CPP isn't the forum for you anymore.

Some rules have been modified and we have showed some leniency, but we can't just go overboard on it.

Agreed on this.
Back to top Go down
Emess
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 9:24 am

Chub 777 wrote:
BronzeRevolution wrote:
I have been reading the reports, Chub. Not all of the reports were valid because they had since been edited etc, but I infracted where necessary.

I've been infracting for cussing for a while now, and I'm not going to ease off.

As for ideas, I think we need to get advertisments added asap as a last attempt to monetize CPP and boost activity. After that, we will probably bring something new for summer?

How about an online CPP shop where you can buy a t-shirt that says "I am a user of CPP!" or something.

Not just that. :P

That's a good idea overall, but I think there should be more, like on one shirt it shows a picture of penguins and under it it says:

CLUB PENGUIN PLANET
CLUBPENGUINPLANET.NET

or something like that. :P
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 9:31 am

Emess wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:
BronzeRevolution wrote:

Not just that. :P

That's a good idea overall, but I think there should be more, like on one shirt it shows a picture of penguins and under it it says:

CLUB PENGUIN PLANET
CLUBPENGUINPLANET.NET

or something like that. :P

You could even have a customisable (on the internet) t-shirt with your username on it. Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 153259

Let us begin the new age of advertising! Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 314169
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 11:10 am

I don't know if I'd go around wearing a CPP shirt in real life, though...
Back to top Go down
Emess
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 11:28 am

BronzeRevolution wrote:
I don't know if I'd go around wearing a CPP shirt in real life, though...

I so would, haha.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 2:28 pm

Maybe we should put the ads up, advertise CPP, and move on with the whole "everyone advertising" fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 3:22 pm

Kyuu wrote:
Maybe we should put the ads up, advertise CPP, and move on with the whole "everyone advertising" fantasy.

I think so. And anyway, since when did text ads create this mega lag?
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 6:16 pm

BronzeRevolution wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

They don't.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 6:54 pm

Kyuu wrote:
BronzeRevolution wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

They don't.

That's my point. Which is why I think Brian is living in a dream world of laggy webpages and computers running linux. Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 576305
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 22nd 2010, 11:57 pm

Kyuu wrote:

I would hate to go past a billboard saying "Join CPP, TODAY!".
Lets just make Youtube videos or try and get this forum on TV.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 23rd 2010, 5:49 am

No, advertising through Google and other services is the best way to promote CPP. In the US alone, 43% of people use Google.
That would mean reaching to 300 million people across the world.
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 EmptyMay 23rd 2010, 5:55 am

Chub 777 wrote:
or try and get this forum on TV.
That would be quite embarrasing.

I think we should just advertise on other forums with better ad sigs and make them 3D or more colourful so it can catch other users eyes, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules And Infractions.   Rules And Infractions. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules And Infractions.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Planet :: Forum :: News-
Jump to: