HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Merge With Dock Penguins?
Yes, merge with Dock Penguins
36%
 36% [ 9 ]
No, do not merge with Dock Penguins
64%
 64% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
SuperiorSnowman
Adventurer
Adventurer

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 7:35 am

That would get us alot of users but we would have to pick new usernames since Dock penguins people might have yours.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 9:19 am

Carbone wrote:
Here is my own opinion on the merge. I never really said it and this is probably a good time to do so..
-There should not be a head administrator.
-A forum is just a website where users have conversations. We do not have to simulate a government. There does have to be structure but it is better to focus on the community while keeping the staff at a low level. Users pay too much attention to the staff and it has to stop.
-The forums should not be destroyed. They should be locked up and they will redirect to the new forum.
-The new forum should not be forumotion. It would be a huge mistake not to host it ourselves.
-Stop saying that the DP community is bad. They are much better than the users that we could get from Club Penguin itself. Be open to new users or we will get nothing done. I used to have some grudges towards the DP users but those faded away once I decided to give them a chance.

Just so you know, I did not vote. This is a user poll so I think it would be unfair to do that.

Yes.

However, I think that forumotion is the better choice. We all know it well, and it will be easier for us to come together in an environment we are familiar with.
Also, it removes the need for domain hosting etc. Whoever has the domain/ hosting account is essentially head admin, defeating your earlier point.
Back to top Go down
Pinkamena Diane Pie
Mercenary
Mercenary

Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 1:12 pm

Who the heck are you exactly?
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 3:04 pm

Elf wrote:
Carbone wrote:
Here is my own opinion on the merge. I never really said it and this is probably a good time to do so..
-There should not be a head administrator.
-A forum is just a website where users have conversations. We do not have to simulate a government. There does have to be structure but it is better to focus on the community while keeping the staff at a low level. Users pay too much attention to the staff and it has to stop.
-The forums should not be destroyed. They should be locked up and they will redirect to the new forum.
-The new forum should not be forumotion. It would be a huge mistake not to host it ourselves.
-Stop saying that the DP community is bad. They are much better than the users that we could get from Club Penguin itself. Be open to new users or we will get nothing done. I used to have some grudges towards the DP users but those faded away once I decided to give them a chance.

Just so you know, I did not vote. This is a user poll so I think it would be unfair to do that.

Yes.

However, I think that forumotion is the better choice. We all know it well, and it will be easier for us to come together in an environment we are familiar with.
Also, it removes the need for domain hosting etc. Whoever has the domain/ hosting account is essentially head admin, defeating your earlier point.
It isn't that hard to get off forumotion. Take Club Penguin Cheat for example. We could just have a simple phpbb3 forum. That would not be much different from what we already have.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 4:13 pm

I voted no. I'm with you Emess.
Back to top Go down
HavoKitten
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 4:33 pm

DP has too much drama. I vote no.
Back to top Go down
Arbiter
Adventurer
Adventurer

Registration date : 2010-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 5:44 pm

I hate Dock Penguins,but...isn't it the season to help someone in need?

I mean,why don't we just merge until this forum is healthy and alive?
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 5:46 pm

By merging, we mean that we will go to a totally new forum with Dock Penguins.
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous

Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 5:56 pm

I don't want to merge with DP. CPP is fine on it's own. We could help DP rebuild, but I don't want to merge with them.
Back to top Go down
Marc978
Mercenary
Mercenary

Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 5:59 pm

Well I think we should at least give it a try and merge with them. It will be the benefit for both forums and can get us more users
Back to top Go down
Pinkamena Diane Pie
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 6:13 pm

HavoKitten wrote:
That's usually because of one particular person.
Back to top Go down
Arbiter
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 6:35 pm

Carbone wrote:
By merging, we mean that we will go to a totally new forum with Dock Penguins.

New forum=New users

I vote yes.
Back to top Go down
HavoKitten
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 7:28 pm

Raves ftw~ wrote:
HavoKitten wrote:
That's usually because of one particular person.
Emess picks the fight. Everyone else fights back. I know you don't like Emess, but the drama isn't his fault.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 7:47 pm

Christmas Monster wrote:
I don't want to merge with DP. CPP is fine on it's own. We could help DP rebuild, but I don't want to merge with them.

I second you.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 7:49 pm

DP is doing so great with their 5 or so active users. Considering all of their members post here, they have A LOT to offer to the table.

amirite?
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 7:50 pm

Christmas Reindeer wrote:
Christmas Monster wrote:

I second you.
I agree with both of you.

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 8:33 pm

I don't think we should merge. CPP is my home forum that I was apart of during my prime on CP and I don't want to see it go away. I want to come here and know that I will always be the 82nd user and it won't go away and that it will always be my home forum.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 9:16 pm

Samta Claus wrote:
I don't think we should merge. CPP is my home forum that I was apart of during my prime on CP and I don't want to see it go away. I want to come here and know that I will always be the 82nd user and it won't go away and that it will always be my home forum.

Actually, you're the 81st.
Back to top Go down
Arbiter
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 9:18 pm

Samta Claus wrote:

Which one am I?
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 9:24 pm

Alien Santa wrote:
Samta Claus wrote:

Which one am I?

11494th. I'm 1015th.
Back to top Go down
Pinkamena Diane Pie
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 9:26 pm

What am I?

I think im in the 10,000s.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 9:43 pm

Is it even necessary?
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 9:53 pm

Just look at your profile.

I also want to come on and still be able to know I was apart of the best staff team ever assembled on a club penguin forum back in the summer of 2008. When we had the best club penguin forum ever created. When we would get 30,000-50,0000 posts per month and when we had the best users you could ask for. It was so easy to moderate back then and everyone was easy to work with and we had some great personalites. I don't want the forum that hosted that legendary combination to disappear in front of my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 10:06 pm

Don't merge with Dockpenguins. It will NEVER be as good as you guys are now, all you need are some new members that post alot or old members that can step it up, all you have to worry about are posts while Dp has MANY more problems, think of yourselves as lucky people to have a wonderful staff that actually cares enough to log on. Dockpenguins will never be granted that. I personally wish I joined CPP before I joined Dp. So please for the love of god, do not merge!
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   December 23rd 2010, 11:02 pm

Dock Penguins is run by a nazi. Which is fair because it's too chaotic either way, and of course that chaos comes from it being run by nazi.

This creates an endless path of failure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???   

Back to top Go down

Dock Penguin + Club Penguin Planet = ???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next