Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.

Go down 
+7
Arbiter
Digit
Skyward Sam
Thunder
Bam
Sjb
Kyuu
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. Empty
PostSubject: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 24th 2011, 2:33 pm

Club Penguin Planet
1/26/08 - 2/12/11

Over the course of the last three years Club Penguin Planet has constantly united together in order to combat it's number one enemy: inactivity. However, due to a lack of numbers, and the loss of Bronze and Brian, we have lost this battle. It was a good run. I remember joining as a ignorant noob, making friends, getting hacked by Team Payton, being a CPP moderator, chatting with Tritton about our nation's politics. I remember watching users transform into mods and then into the admins that have led this establishment through thick and thin. Yeah, some of the admins weren't the greatest, but when the 4 Original Admins left they were all we had. And they took care of us like family. Despite the hard times me and my associates gave them .Looking back, I have a ton of regrets, things I wanted to do but couldn't, and things I had to do but didn't want to.

It is sad to see the Planet go, and I know I left time after time, but for some reason I'm more sure of CPP's death now more than ever. Dock Penguins has been our biggest competitor for the last 2 years, and now it's safe to say they have surpassed us. Their staff has tended to the site and the users have responded to it. Meanwhile, on CPP, the staff are like lumps posting every now and again and updating a theme every 3 months or so. I don't want to post fingers, but our staff has been less than impressive ever since Tricky left months ago. Since then, there has been a steady decline on the staff's ability to respond positively to the users. When Bronze left, it hit the staff team hard, and when Brian left we were trully screwed. Brian had to come back 10 days after his resignation to still see that Big Sb was too lazy to do anything about it. And don't give me that "Busy, school" bullsht, dude. It was TEN DAYS. But I'll stop pointing fingers. Accusations won't change anything now.

Allow me to finish my CPP career by saying this: I'm sorry for all I've done, all the trouble I've caused, all the tension drama and violence. I'm sorry for leaving the moderator team, I abandoned the forum and now look at it. I'm sorry for all the friends I've turned into enemies, and I'm sorry for all the enemies I tricked.

I thought I'd never see the day, the mighty Club Penguin Planet, a forum started off the idea of friendship and the unity of 4 forums would ever become what it is today. We literally went from an utopia of peace to a battlefield of war. Just remember, we did this to ourselves. People got into flame wars, and what do you know? Two weeks later the person who was ganged up on hacks the forum. Suddenly the trust barrier is shattered after the Team Payton attacks. We were never hacked afterwards, but user created groups like Tokka started riots within our forums creating more tension within staff and the userbase.

It's no wonder the 4 Admins left, I personally wouldn't stay either if I saw my home turn into this.

Rest in peace, sweet prince.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 24th 2011, 2:48 pm

Big Sb isn't being lazy.
Big Sb wrote:
The reason why I haven't made any changes yet is because the COPPA case we had going on was referred to the FTC. So before we make any changes I want to wait and make sure our forum won't be shut down.
That is the reason why.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 24th 2011, 4:57 pm

That's what happens when you make a forum so big based on something like Club Penguin. Everyone outgrows it and leaves. We need an off topic forum for us all to go to. :P
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous
Thunder

Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 24th 2011, 6:28 pm

Bam wrote:
That's what happens when you make a forum so big based on something like Club Penguin. Everyone outgrows it and leaves. We need an off topic forum for us all to go to. :P

Not an off-topic forum, a teen forum.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 24th 2011, 6:36 pm

Shabazzam wrote:
Bam wrote:

Not an off-topic forum, a teen forum.

Or that.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 24th 2011, 6:52 pm

We all need to an hero.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 24th 2011, 7:51 pm

Well put Sheldon.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 24th 2011, 8:42 pm

Ya, it is sad to leave, though I haven't been here that long er...as long as most people have, it was fun during the time. Though sadly that my time to is coming up fast.
Back to top Go down
Arbiter
Adventurer
Adventurer
Arbiter

Registration date : 2010-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 25th 2011, 3:05 pm

I go on here every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 25th 2011, 6:14 pm

Shame. Indeed such as shame. Personally, through my experience, once all the great graphic artists slowed down or just quit the activity decreased. I spent a lot of my time in the Artwork Center, so that's what I saw.

It's really a shame. Hopefully we can still survive through this tough battle. Kyuu, I really do hope we grow bigger soon.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 25th 2011, 6:57 pm

Bam wrote:

I think "off topic" is taking it a bit too far. We just need to understand our users better.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 25th 2011, 7:35 pm

Pyro wrote:
Bam wrote:

I think "off topic" is taking it a bit too far. We just need to understand our users better.
I totally agree on this.
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous
Thunder

Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 25th 2011, 7:41 pm

Sjb wrote:
Pyro wrote:
Bam wrote:

I totally agree on this.

We should just change the forum name, topic and address. You and Bam could announce the new name, topic and address before you change it.
Back to top Go down
Big Sb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Big Sb

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 25th 2011, 7:52 pm

We have discussed this before, were not changing the topic of the forum.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 25th 2011, 8:10 pm

Big Sb wrote:
We have discussed this before, were not changing the topic of the forum.

And stay like this forever? If we don't start advertising we will slowly perish. We either A. Start to advertise, or B. Change the topic. And if we advertise I doubt we'd find any good members like the old ones since barely any somewhat-mature people play CP anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 26th 2011, 2:20 am

CLUB PENGUIN PLANET
1/26/08 - 2/12/11
GOOD NIGHT, SWEET PRINCE
Back to top Go down
pixel
Citizen
Citizen
pixel

Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 26th 2011, 5:01 pm

I Think The Forums Will End Any Day Soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. EmptyFebruary 28th 2011, 12:47 am

@Whoever removed the picture:

Thanks for ruining the joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.   Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim. Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, sht. It's bout that time Tim.
Page 1 of 1