View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Let Someone Else Lead   March 25th 2011, 10:49 pm

If you aren't going to do anything. We have had 183 posts this month. 183... do you realize how bad that is. Both our admins suck. They aren't doing anything, jesus at least give it to like Thunder or something instead of holding on to the position and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Seriously, I don't care about the excuses anymore. Just step down. If you want the best for this forum, you will let someone else take over.
Back to top Go down
HavoKitten
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   March 26th 2011, 11:09 pm

183? That's a lot more than I expected...
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   March 28th 2011, 7:37 pm

He's right.
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   March 29th 2011, 8:13 pm

I'd be willing to step up and manage things, but it looks like this place is mostly dead anyways. If those of you who are thirteen or older would like, you can join the "official" Club Penguin forum hosted by Miniclip here:

LINK REMOVED BY STAFF

Our Club Penguin section is pretty inactive, but it's bigger than the one here, and it'd be nice to see it active again so your support would be appreciated. The off topic section is pretty fun and kind of the beating heart of the website, so again, feel free to come by.

Last edited by Hellopayton on March 30th 2011, 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cycle22
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival

Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   March 29th 2011, 8:46 pm

Can the staff post on this? They obviously read Payton' post...
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   March 30th 2011, 12:38 am

Oh come on Big SB, let him post the link to MCCP. Jesus, and at least respond to people.
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   March 30th 2011, 3:03 am

Cycle22 wrote:
Can the staff post on this? They obviously read Payton' post...

They're either being lazy or arguing about it in the staff forum.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   March 31st 2011, 10:16 am

Let Payton lead for god's sakes. I'm glad you like sitting there letting things rot Sjb and Big sb, you guys may be coming up with "great plans in the admin forum" but still, nothing is working. We now have a pretty solid reason for the demise of CPP, Big SB and SJB. At least respond to this, quit lurking and hiding in the shadows. Nothing is getting accomplished, let Payton have an oppurtunity to at least get some activity back, not the 200 posts we are getting this month, which is pathetic. This is the most active thread we have had in a few months, it's ridiculous. Again, let Payton lead.
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   March 31st 2011, 7:58 pm

The way things are being run currently (or at least since I was a moderator), nothing gets done. The same old ideas are recycled every so often (example: forum houses) and on some things, no one follows through. What this place needs is new users, a good selling point and innovation to keep it alive.

If no one's going to step up and at least try, this place should just be closed.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 1st 2011, 7:41 am

Yo so i herd Dock Penguins was unda new management
Back to top Go down
Arbiter
Adventurer
Adventurer

Registration date : 2010-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 1st 2011, 3:20 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
The way things are being run currently (or at least since I was a moderator), nothing gets done. The same old ideas are recycled every so often (example: forum houses) and on some things, no one follows through. What this place needs is new users, a good selling point and innovation to keep it alive.

If no one's going to step up and at least try, this place should just be closed.

Why don't we just leave it as it is?

I mean,if the forum dyes,let it dye on its own...
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 1st 2011, 8:27 pm

Arbiter wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:

If that's the objective - to let it die - I agree, leave it as is. Otherwise if we're trying to keep it alive and make it active again...
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 1st 2011, 11:51 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
Arbiter wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:

If that's the objective - to let it die - I agree, leave it as is. Otherwise if we're trying to keep it alive and make it active again...

Exactly. As you said, forum houses have been coming back and each time becoming less and less... -exciting, I suppose would be the word. The new ideas the staff have been coming up with the past year have been absolutely unoriginal and it feels like they're not really putting spirit towards the forum as they did when I joined..

Sure, I mean they got lives, and we all do too, but just let the forum die if you don't take care of it at least an hour (or less) every two days or so. For Xenu's sake, just close it if you're only going to update it once every 5 months or hire some new people that actually know best for the forum. We need to bring some people back and get some new ones.

And, I think the whole CP-forum days are dead. We could change the subject to start over, that won't REALLY effect the forum, you know?

You staff either do something, or just close the forum.
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 12:15 am

I don't know what the staff are deciding right now but it'd be nice if we could get a word in from one of them. I believe I should be given the benefit of the doubt as far as bringing something new to the table goes... I mean, it wasn't all bad when I was a moderator and we did see some progress with the new theme (didn't last long, though) that I helped work on... and no one else really seems to be doing anything.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 1:40 am

Seriously. If the staff isn't going to do anything and we are going to die under the brother-sister regime, then just close down the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 7:52 pm

We can't do anything because our forum can be shut down any minute of any day right now, because of the COPPA deal. I don't really know anything about what's going on with the COPPA deal though. We can't do anything until this is all cleared up.

-Sjb
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 8:22 pm

I think we should just restart the forum with a new theme(teen, sports, ect.).
We will get new active users that are just on here to have fun.

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 8:25 pm

Sjb wrote:
We can't do anything because our forum can be shut down any minute of any day right now, because of the COPPA deal. I don't really know anything about what's going on with the COPPA deal though. We can't do anything until this is all cleared up.

-Sjb

This reason, excuse, whatever is a poor reason for not doing anything.

First of all what's this "deal" anyways? What issue are you actually faced with that could cause the forum to be shut down at any random time? Since when did forumotion ever enforce COPPA? Who's patrolling Club Penguin Planet to make sure you're complying with COPPA?

Further, how would this even affect your ability to work on the forum at all?

There is no actual problem here, only the illusion that one exists.

edit:
This is already a multipurpose forum. Feel free to make a new forum about something else if you want, but changing the topic of the forum probably wouldn't do anything for us.
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 8:33 pm

Hellopayton wrote:

edit:
This is already a multipurpose forum. Feel free to make a new forum about something else if you want, but changing the topic of the forum probably wouldn't do anything for us.
Well changing it could get the teen users back because most left because they were like 14 or 15 and were to old for CP. If it was a teen forum, it would be meant for like 12 or 13 plus so it will just be talking about life and stuff.
I have been on those types of forums and they have been really active.

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 8:39 pm

Linky wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:

edit:
Well changing it could get the teen users back because most left because they were like 14 or 15 and were to old for CP. If it was a teen forum, it would be meant for like 12 or 13 plus so it will just be talking about life and stuff.
I have been on those types of forums and they have been really active.

~Linky

What are we supposed to do with the domain name we have now? It's an interesting idea, but this is Club Penguin Planet; it's a Club Penguin forum, that's its history and just how it is. I like having the older users around too but we need to focus on marketing this place to the younger audience. Moving all of the old posts out of the way and putting a mask on the forum just isn't a practical idea.
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 8:45 pm

For the domain, when does it expire?
WIth the COPPA deal, it would be a perfect place for a team forum because of the 13+.
Or if it was possible, we could even make a new forum for a teen on and keep this one for CP and a younger audience.

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 8:50 pm

There really is no issue with COPPA here.
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 8:54 pm

Sjb wrote:

-Sjb
Payton, explain that then?

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 2nd 2011, 9:08 pm

Linky wrote:
Sjb wrote:

-Sjb

~Linky

The short explanation: Sjb posted a message in this topic and you quoted it.

Technically the person(s) operating this website are required by law to protect the information of any users who claim to be under the age of thirteen. The staff are scared of getting shut down under a COPPA litigation because, obviously, we don't verify that any users under the age of thirteen have their parent's permission to register.

But let's look at this not from a technical standpoint but a practical one.

How active is Club Penguin Planet?
Does anyone besides Forumotion make any sort of money from the site?
How many underage users have we had for the past three years without any sort of trouble?

Those are rhetorical questions. Here are the answers.

Close to dying.
No.
Almost all of them.

So, who's looking at this site to ensure we're complying with COPPA? And like I said earlier, why would this affect the forum's progress - why should everything be put on hold because we're paranoid someone's going to come shutting us down?

It's not a point to completely ignore, but on the scale of things CPP needs to focus on, this should be right at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   April 3rd 2011, 11:47 am

Hellopayton wrote:
Linky wrote:
Sjb wrote:

-Sjb

~Linky

The short explanation: Sjb posted a message in this topic and you quoted it.

Technically the person(s) operating this website are required by law to protect the information of any users who claim to be under the age of thirteen. The staff are scared of getting shut down under a COPPA litigation because, obviously, we don't verify that any users under the age of thirteen have their parent's permission to register.

But let's look at this not from a technical standpoint but a practical one.

How active is Club Penguin Planet?
Does anyone besides Forumotion make any sort of money from the site?
How many underage users have we had for the past three years without any sort of trouble?

Those are rhetorical questions. Here are the answers.

Close to dying.
No.
Almost all of them.

So, who's looking at this site to ensure we're complying with COPPA? And like I said earlier, why would this affect the forum's progress - why should everything be put on hold because we're paranoid someone's going to come shutting us down?

It's not a point to completely ignore, but on the scale of things CPP needs to focus on, this should be right at the bottom.
I agree with you that this COPPA thing that we have had many users under 13 and have had only a couple of problems.
Sjb and Sb should just choose to shut down or keep the forum running and advertise because right now we get like 2-10 posts a day and if we keep it that way, there will be no more forum unless the admins make their decision now.

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let Someone Else Lead   

Back to top Go down

Let Someone Else Lead
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next