This hurts me

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: This hurts me   May 21st 2011, 12:40 pm

For some reason, my emotional attachment to this forum has intensified within the past few months as I've gone through old topics to try to gather information about what I was like, and I can say a huge wave of nostalgia has hit me like a ten ton brick. I miss what this place used to be, and I can't stand by to watch it die. This is why I keep posting topics so no one will just forget about this place. This place can show you what you were like in the past and give you a good idea of how this place thrived. I was fortunate enough to participate on these forums from the ages of 14-17. Those years are the years that a person changes the most in his lifetime, and I can tell you from looking back on old topics of mine that I have changed tremendously. I don't even recognize myself most of the time when I'm reading the topics. But I do remember the people that helped make this place what it was, and I do remember the people who have slowly disappeared into their own personal lives, outgrowing the ideal that they can post on this forum. It hurts me to have grown so close to many people and slowly watch them fade into oblivion. For me this is like receiving a great friendship but in the course of a few days it can die with either one of you taking a break from the internet or just forgetting about the Club Penguin phase. As most of you can probably tell, the Club Penguin online community has died at an exponential pace these past couple of years. WIth everyone's aspirations set on being a big star with a WordPress blog as little as 4 years ago, to people trying to hit it big on YouTube. I can luckily say I had a taste of both, but this is not what I miss. I miss coming on this forum the most. This forum was the most stable and fun part of my life while I was growing into my adulthood form. The attachment is clearly visible. I cannot just let this forum die as we are left in the dark with little to no information from Big Sb. I feel bad for the guy as I am tired of blaming him, but I think my attachment and care for the forum is unmatched by any you can find that ever roamed these boards. So, if you took the time to read all this, just know that I am not going to give up just yet. As long as there is hope, I will still be here fighting for you all.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   May 21st 2011, 12:59 pm

Please read this BIG SB and let him make the difference. He's put more into it then any of us and still is.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   May 21st 2011, 5:58 pm

I hope so too. Even if the forum dies, I would like to have some record of this place. It's really changed my opinions of people, and I doubt I would be where I am without it.
Back to top Go down
Arbiter
Adventurer
Adventurer

Registration date : 2010-09-28

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   May 21st 2011, 9:33 pm

Well,they should let someone else lead.
Back to top Go down
HavoKitten
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   May 22nd 2011, 10:33 pm

Arbiter wrote:
Well,they should let someone else lead.
That's what we've been saying all along. But for some reason, we don't deserve to hear an explanation other than "I'm deathly afraid of COPPA."
Back to top Go down
Sergio
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   May 23rd 2011, 7:56 pm

I'm interested, but I also despise these topic mainly because you're edging yourself to this role. I'm sure, that without posting this, you would probably get the role anyway.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   May 23rd 2011, 10:44 pm

Sergio wrote:
I'm interested, but I also despise these topic mainly because you're edging yourself to this role. I'm sure, that without posting this, you would probably get the role anyway.

I am edging myself to the role. Mainly because no one else is stepping up and I'm trying to at least maintain some decent level of activity.
Back to top Go down
Sergio
Super-Human
Super-Human

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   May 24th 2011, 6:58 am

Colonel Sam wrote:
Sergio wrote:

I am edging myself to the role. Mainly because no one else is stepping up and I'm trying to at least maintain some decent level of activity.

Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   May 24th 2011, 10:09 am

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm more concerned right now about preserving this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sergio
Super-Human
Super-Human

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   May 24th 2011, 7:51 pm

Colonel Sam wrote:
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm more concerned right now about preserving this forum.

I didn't say I didn't support you, infact I fully support you. I wouldn't mind helping you.

Also, I've seen (for months) how long Big SB has stuffed up at Moderation. (Excuse the swears pl0x)
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   June 5th 2011, 1:49 pm

Big Sb is not doing anything not only because of the COPPA. Ever realize that he never did anything? While I was administrator, I would do the technical and community stuff while he did.... themes.

Logic
Back to top Go down
Pinkmaddie5!
Adventurer
Adventurer

Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   June 6th 2011, 2:06 pm

Haven't been on in a while, so don't think I'm a noob for asking. What's COPPA?
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   June 6th 2011, 4:49 pm

It's an American act which says that the information of under 18's residing in America needs to be treated in particular ways.
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous

Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   June 6th 2011, 10:05 pm

Is the only reason why Big Sb is an admin because he does themes?
Back to top Go down
HavoKitten
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   June 7th 2011, 12:29 am

Shabazzam wrote:
That would explain a lot if it's true...
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   June 10th 2011, 2:21 pm

Shabazzam wrote:
He also looks good in blue.
And Julie, you know it's true.

We need to come up with an ingenious plan to drive Big Sb away and allow Dirk to take over (I suggest pitchforks and torches). Heck, I bet if we made a thread, outright declared that we're going to steal his account and described how we'd do it in carefully written and illustrated steps, he wouldn't hear a thing about it all until it happens.

I think it's clear by now that he's not even willing to attempt to change this state of dormancy. If anything, he's one of the few reasons we got here in the first place. The stick-your-head-in-the-sand method he's been following for the past few months isn't helping restore this forum to the kind of place Dirk recalls.

Talk is cheap. Action--any action-- is the solution. I think we all owe it to ourselves to at least try to do something but whine and complain about how naughty Big Sb has been.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Pugh
Vagabond
Vagabond

Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   June 13th 2011, 2:41 pm

Don't get it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This hurts me   

Back to top Go down

This hurts me