HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hide the children

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
avatar

Posts : 9446
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 10:17 am

Internet. Just... internet. God, I haven't caught a glimpse of a web page in three months. And when CNN is your only source of information for that long, you know something's bad. Words can't express how excited I am. I missed all of you guys. You don't justly appreciate something until it's out of your reach.

Before I go on with my babbling any further, let me begin by apologizing for being a pompous, obnoxious bit'ch for so long. I know it, you know it, I just didn't care until now. I guess something about being surrounded by death everyday makes you rethink the way you treat people... nah. It's probably something in the water.

Crap, a lot of messed up stuff happened these past few months. That statement isn't restricted to Libya (obviously). I don't even know where to start. This is going to be very long and boring, if you're interested, keep on reading.

I'm angry. Angry at Gaddafi for existing, angry at those millions of Libyans for remaining silent for so long, and most of all, angry at myself for being too much of a coward to help out. Empty words and a few bad jokes are all I could offer, and I know that's not enough. If push comes to shove, I'll fight, but what use would a fidgety teenager be to an army?

Do you know what it feels like being held hostage for 3 months? Make that 41 years. Now imagine 3 or so million people oblivious to the horrifying injustice inflicted on them by their leader for that period of time.

I'd hug every NATO official for a year if I could. If they hadn't stepped in, I don't know what would've happened. Even if they didn't do this out of the goodness of their hearts. I mean, Gaddafi was marching towards Benghazi to obliterate everyone--men, women, children, furry little animals--too proud to kneel down and lick the blood off his boots. He's crazy, in a scary yet amusing way.

People weren't allowed to gather in large numbers in Tripoli for a month or so. Well, unless they were cheering for the government, that is. Food (and people) started disappearing from shelves. Gas stations had thousands of cars parked in line, waiting for weeks at an end to fill up and run off to anywhere far away from here. And the bombs. Oh, those were exciting. The government would probably have you convinced that NATO was some sort of kitten-eating-virgin-killing monster, but so far, no one has actually managed to prove that anyone outside of Gaddaffi's forces has been in any way injured by their strikes. Whenever they bombed Gaddaffi's compound, our house shook, and with that, my mood would instantly lift; someone, somewhere was doing something to solve this. Gonna take a while to fix the cracks in the wall, though.

But enough about that: Do you know how many cases of rape have been reported around the country? I actually felt scared. I've never been scared. Murder I can handle--can't think of a better way to die. Rape is a whole other story.

Revolutions are nice and all that, but it isn't all sunshine and rainbows down here. After Gaddafi pardoned all the prisoners, gangs started forming in Benghazi. Things went... bad. Really bad. Let me put it this way, if you were a resident in Benghazi, you got mugged. Even if you didn't, you did. You just didn't realize it yet--it was that simple. A friend of my mother had armed opportunists break into their house, gag them, and steal everything they had. I know people who were minding their own business when they suddenly get pulled over at gun-point and kidnapped. My sister's house was burned to ashes by a released con.

If my thoughts seem scattered, it's because I just arrived in Tunis after a 12 hour trip, 20 stops at Libyan Army check-points, 2 hour stops every now and then, and sweating every drop of liquid in body. You know what? It was worth it. At least now I'm free to speak my mind without fear of being apprehended. I'm not using my computer right now, too. Hmm. The kid who owns this thing really likes porn.

I hope the mess in Yemen gets solved before it gets out of hand. I think I've had enough of armed revolutions to last a lifetime.

To people affected by the natural disasters in both Japan and America, I'm sorry. Losing your home is never easy.

In short, life is a REPORT ME I SWORE - REPORT ME I SWORE - REPORT ME I SWORE. And then you die.

Now that my overly-dramatic rant is over, we can start talking about more important stuff, like how this forum is as alive as my ninty-year-old grandmother. What happened, guys?

Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
avatar

Posts : 4735
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 12:08 pm

I can safely say this is the most constructive/ interesting/ longest post we've had on CPP in a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
avatar

Posts : 9446
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 1:17 pm

When someone describes something I say as interesting, you know REPORT ME I SWORE - REPORT ME I SWORE - REPORT ME I SWORE just hit the fan.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
avatar

Posts : 7107
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 2:31 pm

Wow... this was actually relieving to read, as much positive spin as you put on a negative situation I know that you went through a lot. I'm glad you are safe.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
avatar

Posts : 2679
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 5:05 pm

Yesterday I saw you online. I was like, "Holy kitten-ruski-gun-muffins, could it be!?!?!" I didn't see you post, but I knew you were looking around; hoping that you were finally back, ready to tell us how it's been and your story of life. Although, I was disappointed that day.

Today I go on to check some things and I notice a new post. Feels like it's been years, so I check it and I read the whole post, interested in every aspect, opinion, point, and everything you had to say. I'm glad your back, Maria. I'll never stop saying Maria.



Does this mean I'm gay?
Back to top Go down
Pinkamena Diane Pie
Mercenary
Mercenary
avatar

Posts : 762
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 5:21 pm

Maria wrote:
Internet. Just... internet. God, I haven't caught a glimpse of a web page in three months. And when CNN is your only source of information for that long, you know something's bad. Words can't express how excited I am. I missed all of you guys. You don't justly appreciate something until it's out of your reach.

Before I go on with my babbling any further, let me begin by apologizing for being a pompous, obnoxious bit'ch for so long. I know it, you know it, I just didn't care until now. I guess something about being surrounded by death everyday makes you rethink the way you treat people... nah. It's probably something in the water.

Crap, a lot of messed up stuff happened these past few months. That statement isn't restricted to Libya (obviously). I don't even know where to start. This is going to be very long and boring, if you're interested, keep on reading.

I'm angry. Angry at Gaddafi for existing, angry at those millions of Libyans for remaining silent for so long, and most of all, angry at myself for being too much of a coward to help out. Empty words and a few bad jokes are all I could offer, and I know that's not enough. If push comes to shove, I'll fight, but what use would a fidgety teenager be to an army?

Do you know what it feels like being held hostage for 3 months? Make that 41 years. Now imagine 3 or so million people oblivious to the horrifying injustice inflicted on them by their leader for that period of time.

I'd hug every NATO official for a year if I could. If they hadn't stepped in, I don't know what would've happened. Even if they didn't do this out of the goodness of their hearts. I mean, Gaddafi was marching towards Benghazi to obliterate everyone--men, women, children, furry little animals--too proud to kneel down and lick the blood off his boots. He's crazy, in a scary yet amusing way.

People weren't allowed to gather in large numbers in Tripoli for a month or so. Well, unless they were cheering for the government, that is. Food (and people) started disappearing from shelves. Gas stations had thousands of cars parked in line, waiting for weeks at an end to fill up and run off to anywhere far away from here. And the bombs. Oh, those were exciting. The government would probably have you convinced that NATO was some sort of kitten-eating-virgin-killing monster, but so far, no one has actually managed to prove that anyone outside of Gaddaffi's forces has been in any way injured by their strikes. Whenever they bombed Gaddaffi's compound, our house shook, and with that, my mood would instantly lift; someone, somewhere was doing something to solve this. Gonna take a while to fix the cracks in the wall, though.

But enough about that: Do you know how many cases of rape have been reported around the country? I actually felt scared. I've never been scared. Murder I can handle--can't think of a better way to die. Rape is a whole other story.

Revolutions are nice and all that, but it isn't all sunshine and rainbows down here. After Gaddafi pardoned all the prisoners, gangs started forming in Benghazi. Things went... bad. Really bad. Let me put it this way, if you were a resident in Benghazi, you got mugged. Even if you didn't, you did. You just didn't realize it yet--it was that simple. A friend of my mother had armed opportunists break into their house, gag them, and steal everything they had. I know people who were minding their own business when they suddenly get pulled over at gun-point and kidnapped. My sister's house was burned to ashes by a released con.

If my thoughts seem scattered, it's because I just arrived in Tunis after a 12 hour trip, 20 stops at Libyan Army check-points, 2 hour stops every now and then, and sweating every drop of liquid in body. You know what? It was worth it. At least now I'm free to speak my mind without fear of being apprehended. I'm not using my computer right now, too. Hmm. The kid who owns this thing really likes porn.

I hope the mess in Yemen gets solved before it gets out of hand. I think I've had enough of armed revolutions to last a lifetime.

To people affected by the natural disasters in both Japan and America, I'm sorry. Losing your home is never easy.

In short, life is a REPORT ME I SWORE - REPORT ME I SWORE - REPORT ME I SWORE. And then you die.

Now that my overly-dramatic rant is over, we can start talking about more important stuff, like how this forum is as alive as my ninty-year-old grandmother. What happened, guys?

MARIA <3
We missed you so damn much. It felt really sad while you were gone. We were all worried...
Especially me and julie... I'm just so happy. (:
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
avatar

Posts : 4735
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 5:38 pm

BiteTheHanukkahDust wrote:


this


Last edited by Bronze on June 11th 2011, 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HavoKitten
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
avatar

Posts : 1355
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 6:22 pm

Dena wrote:
Maria wrote:
-snip-
MARIA <3
We missed you so damn much. It felt really sad while you were gone. We were all worried...
Especially me and julie... I'm just so happy. (:
Dena, you make it seem like I actually like her.
But, in all seriousness, I'm glad to see you're okay.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
avatar

Posts : 9446
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 10:05 pm

HavoKitten wrote:
Dena wrote:
Maria wrote:
-snip-
MARIA <3
We missed you so damn much. It felt really sad while you were gone. We were all worried...
Especially me and julie... I'm just so happy. (:
Dena, you make it seem like I actually like her.
But, in all seriousness, I'm glad to see you're okay.
All right. I won't push. I know you'll confess your undying love for me one day.
Anyway, thanks. It's nice to know my existence means something to someone out there, even slightly so. Certainly a nice change from school.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend


Posts : 6959
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 10:29 pm

Great to see you again! :)
Back to top Go down
HavoKitten
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
avatar

Posts : 1355
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 10:48 pm

Maria wrote:
HavoKitten wrote:
Dena wrote:
Maria wrote:
-snip-
MARIA <3
We missed you so damn much. It felt really sad while you were gone. We were all worried...
Especially me and julie... I'm just so happy. (:
Dena, you make it seem like I actually like her.
But, in all seriousness, I'm glad to see you're okay.
All right. I won't push. I know you'll confess your undying love for me one day.
Don't hold your breath. ❤

And, Katie wants you on AIM.


Last edited by HavoKitten on June 10th 2011, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : asdfghjkl)
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
avatar

Posts : 6175
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 10th 2011, 11:18 pm

Im glad youre ok. Was well worth the log in.
Katie says Hey and log into AIM.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
avatar

Posts : 3286
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 14th 2011, 11:51 pm

Tell me about is some time Maria.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
avatar

Posts : 2262
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 16th 2011, 3:45 pm

Bronze wrote:
I can safely say this is the most constructive/ interesting/ longest post we've had on CPP in a long, long time.

I can safely say this is the most smartest assumption we've hard on CPP in a long, long time.
Welcome back Maria.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
avatar

Posts : 6980
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 16th 2011, 4:00 pm

Wow. Glad your okay. (:
Back to top Go down
Emess
Adept
Adept


Posts : 1559
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 18th 2011, 1:05 pm

Hey, welcome back.
Your post was actually interesting. Do you still hate me? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
avatar

Posts : 9446
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 18th 2011, 7:13 pm

Emess wrote:
Hey, welcome back.
Your post was actually interesting. Do you still hate me? Haha.
Thanks.
You know I can't resist Asian guys. Not for long, anyway. dat hair.
Back to top Go down
Emess
Adept
Adept


Posts : 1559
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 18th 2011, 9:54 pm

Maria wrote:
Emess wrote:
Hey, welcome back.
Your post was actually interesting. Do you still hate me? Haha.
Thanks.
You know I can't resist Asian guys. Not for long, anyway. dat hair.
Look at my sig. xD
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
avatar

Posts : 9446
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   June 19th 2011, 3:28 pm

Well, I have to say, pink's your colour.
Back to top Go down
ApplyMoreCack
Drifter
Drifter
avatar

Posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   January 20th 2012, 2:40 am

HavoKitten wrote:
Katie wants you
I knew it.
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous
avatar

Posts : 5403
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   January 24th 2012, 8:07 pm

Well there's step one of a incredibly and impossibly long journey to revive a forum past the point of no return and only a few months from dead... [/sarcasm]

I guess one former user has returned. That's a start. Welcome back...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hide the children   

Back to top Go down
 
Hide the children
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Easy Hide Cursor script
» urac wants my hide
» Best ChaCha moments
» Rite of Passage 3: Hide and Seek
» Code and workflow for hiding/unhiding unity elements

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Planet :: Other Discussions :: Introduction and Farewells-
Jump to: