Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just want to point out something...

Go down 
+4
Brennan
ParkourSAM
Tricky
Goobenheimer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Just want to point out something... Empty
PostSubject: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 1:23 am

Hey I think its great that everyone is so excited about going through with this new gaming topic for the forum but I just wanted to point out something before everything is said and done.

As great as this idea seems it is gonna be really hard to keep active members. The thing about a CP forum is that there is only one really "official" forum which is at miniclip. When you enter gaming there are tons and tons of other forums around that are actually for offiicial gaming sites such as Playstation forums, Xbox, IGN, GameSpot, and so on. Entering this topic is probably gonna be really risky because theres really no reason for anybody that goes on gaming forums to move to this one when theres tons of other insanely popular ones that are actually huge sites which obviously would attract people. Club Penguin worked because about every forum besides Miniclip is independent i guess you would call it so it was easier to get members. Theres gonna have to be a good reason for people to go here over the other very popular forums. So I know your gonna go through with this and I wish you all the best of luck but this just crossed my mind and i just want to help out.

Take it as it's worth :)
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 1:27 am

There's no limit to forums you visit. Even though I hardly use my computer now, I check out at least 3 separate ones any time I turn on my computer.

Different people, different feel, custom. This forum is this forum, it should not compete to be another.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 1:32 am

Tricky wrote:
There's no limit to forums you visit. Even though I hardly use my computer now, I check out at least 3 separate ones any time I turn on my computer.

Different people, different feel, custom. This forum is this forum, it should not compete to be another.

As do I. You bring up a good point.

But still I'm not sure about all of you but I used to go on gaming forums all the time and not only did I not go on smaller ones such as what this is gonna be but I never really heard about them either.

But yeah you guys know more than me about this. Not trying to be a know it all or anything just wanted to point something out.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 1:32 am

The thing is with Gamespot, IGN, Xbox, Playstation, etc. there are so many posts being created that 1 minute later your thread gets pushed back to the 3rd page and no one sees it.

Hopefully with our new forum, things will be more organized and easier to move around than the really popular ones.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 1:35 am

Well true it is risky, but its solid topic with lots of options, and remember we aren't starting from scratch we have many users right now, not to mention we could get other former users to come back and join too.

All and all it's better than the alternative of just letting the forum die.

Last edited by Brennan on July 3rd 2011, 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 1:35 am

Everyone has some really; I mean REALLY good points coming onto here, while agreeing with you guys at the same time, I am just impressed on how you guys handle these things..kudos to you.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 1:36 am

ParkourSAM wrote:
The thing is with Gamespot, IGN, Xbox, Playstation, etc. there are so many posts being created that 1 minute later your thread gets pushed back to the 3rd page and no one sees it.

Hopefully with our new forum, things will be more organized and easier to move around than the really popular ones.
That is also very true.

If you can get a good start on this then yeah it could definitely work out. It's just probably not gonna be as easy as it was here.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 6:31 am

ParkourSAM wrote:

True. This is why I preferred being on CPP rather than those big forums.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 3:45 pm

I totally agree. It's for this reason we need a content portal and a new, unique theme. I don't know if that'll be enough to make us stand out, but it's a step forward.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 8:28 pm

Goobenheimer wrote:
Tricky wrote:

As do I. You bring up a good point.

But still I'm not sure about all of you but I used to go on gaming forums all the time and not only did I not go on smaller ones such as what this is gonna be but I never really heard about them either.

But yeah you guys know more than me about this. Not trying to be a know it all or anything just wanted to point something out.
Of course not. There are tons of little forums out there. They are free to make after all.
The only way I found CPP was through a PM ad from Guin (back inviting me to CPL) on a fairly active CP forum. It just takes advertisement I guess. Those who want to stay will stay, those who don't will just miss out.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... EmptyJuly 3rd 2011, 11:59 pm

If you think of any topic, odds are there will already be a forum for it. The best thing to do is pick a topic that users already on the forum will be fine with (Not Club Penguin).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just want to point out something...   Just want to point out something... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just want to point out something...
Page 1 of 1