Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not the end of the world but...

Go down 
+4
AlterBlade
*I.Bros.*
Administrator
BT
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Not the end of the world but... Empty
PostSubject: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:33 pm

Today scientists in Switzerland did something with atoms and a 17mile tube long tunnel thing underground near the border of Swist. And France, where they crash them atoms into high speeds to recreate condidtions of the big bang. Over 60 contries contributed.

My science teacher started talking about this this morning, I'm trying to find a link to a news site. I forgot what is was called...there was alo like a rap on YouTube that she showed us :face:
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:40 pm

3rd trhread about this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:40 pm

Because it's pwnage.
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:42 pm

More like Spammage.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Vagabond
Vagabond
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:42 pm

I highly doubt there will even be Black holes. You and those scientists are exaggerating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:44 pm

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/j50ZssEojtM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/j50ZssEojtM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The cool thing is, that it was at about 1 million of views this morning. That's 1 million views in 8 hours

EDIT: BLACK HOLES FTW ;)
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Vagabond
Vagabond
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:45 pm

Well, that's stupid. Black holes won't appear, they aren't real. They're just myths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:47 pm

No, they're real.

I honestly think we're not getting sucked into one anytime soon, tho. Unless..no. No really, I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Vagabond
Vagabond
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:51 pm

We won't, they don't exist. And everyone thinks that, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:52 pm

But you got to admit, what there doing here in Switzerland is Totally awesome. Like dude, come on.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Vagabond
Vagabond
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 9:58 pm

The music rap is funny. :P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 10:00 pm

yeah I know it made me laugh when I first heard it :P
Back to top Go down
*I.Bros.*
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
*I.Bros.*

Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 10:18 pm

The black hole ain't gonna happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 10:20 pm

The thing has been running for hours and we're still here.
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 10th 2008, 11:38 pm

C'mon, you have to admit this experiment is kinda cool too. :P
Back to top Go down
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 11th 2008, 12:05 am

They called it off, they are doing it in October now, I think.
Back to top Go down
CrazyCatoon
Super-Human
Super-Human
CrazyCatoon

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 11th 2008, 2:25 am

adsertif123 wrote:
They called it off, they are doing it in October now, I think.

They didn't call it off. What they did was test the machine. That was what they were planning to do. Today was the "turning on" day.

The actual colliding particles hasn't happened yet, and wasn't planned to.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 11th 2008, 3:43 am

ive seen this along time ago in the news.Its supposed to make nucliar power in Switzerland.
Back to top Go down
CrazyCatoon
Super-Human
Super-Human
CrazyCatoon

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 11th 2008, 3:46 am

No it's not. It's supposed to find new particles.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 11th 2008, 3:49 am

well it was a circle shape too...
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Vagabond
Vagabond
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 11th 2008, 5:12 am

Black holes are Mythical. Only Mother Nature can show different nature expectations.
Back to top Go down
hancoock
Wanderer
Wanderer
hancoock

Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... EmptySeptember 11th 2008, 5:26 am

Santino Corleone wrote:
But you got to admit, what there doing here in Switzerland is Totally awesome. Like dude, come on.

It might be awesome but they shouldn't exaggerate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not the end of the world but...   Not the end of the world but... Empty

Back to top Go down

Not the end of the world but...
Page 1 of 1