Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The True Meaning Of Christmas

Go down 
+6
Goobenheimer
*I.Bros.*
Chargers
Argie
Egaro
Ace
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-07-29

The True Meaning Of Christmas Empty
PostSubject: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas EmptyDecember 20th 2008, 10:29 am

As some of you may know Christmas is all about getting gifts ,right? Well your wrong. Christmas is all about giving and this year we are donating many household items to a poor family who doesn't have much.

Usually everyone in my family everyone buys a gift card and on Christmas day we all come together and exchange them. The thing is you don't know what you are getting. So people end up with gift card they don't like. (My aunt got a lowes gift card last year)

So this year instead of thinking about all you will be getting and instead give something! ;)

Last edited by Bah Hum Bug on December 20th 2008, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Egaro
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Egaro

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas EmptyDecember 20th 2008, 10:52 am

IMO, there's more to Christmas than giving, getting, being with family, and all that. The whole deal is fun, but it did begin, after all, as one of two major Christian holidays. That really should be the true meaning of Christmas if you're Christian.

But there are still non-Christians, I know, who celebrate. In which case helping other people and all that is probably the best meaning of Christmas.

I would give someone something, but...umm...I has no moneyz to spend. :P Liek, four dollars.
~Jingle
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas EmptyDecember 20th 2008, 11:45 am

Well, you do give people presents on their birthday... ;P

JK, yeah, but you should give all year round.
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas EmptyDecember 20th 2008, 2:00 pm

I bought both my parents presents this year.
Back to top Go down
*I.Bros.*
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
*I.Bros.*

Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas EmptyDecember 20th 2008, 2:11 pm

No, the true meaning is when Jesus Christ was born.
It's not about all about giving, and recieving it's celebrating the time when Jesus Christ was born.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas EmptyDecember 20th 2008, 3:04 pm

You're acting like everyone just cares about themselves. There are a lot of meanings for christmas. Everyone has their own meaning.

I just love the season. Just being with my family.
Back to top Go down
man101
Mercenary
Mercenary
man101

Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas EmptyDecember 20th 2008, 4:09 pm

Goobenheimer wrote:
You're acting like everyone just cares about themselves. There are a lot of meanings for christmas. Everyone has their own meaning.

I just love the season. Just being with my family.

same here dude.
Back to top Go down
Giatekla
Digintary
Digintary
Giatekla

Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas EmptyDecember 20th 2008, 4:33 pm

Yes, it is really about the birth of Jesus Christ.
I have no idea how exchanging gifts came up as a tradition.... oh yeah because of the Magi.
Back to top Go down
Mook
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas EmptyDecember 20th 2008, 5:18 pm

It's about family and getting together. It's just not about the gifts. I like the gifts, but Christmas goes alot deeper than that.
Back to top Go down
2PXI
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
2PXI

Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas EmptyDecember 21st 2008, 11:46 am

Christmas is usually the time of year when I do charity work with my mum helping to feed the poor kids at the homeless shelter, and also when I donate all of my old stuff to charity

It's not just about when Jesus Christ was born, sure yes that is what Christmas Day is, but if you do some researching, Christmas time has lots of traditions that come from many different heritages and traditions (all usually European or Middle Eastern but whatev). That's why so many people celebrate Christmas, because it's usually either a part of their religion or heritage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The True Meaning Of Christmas   The True Meaning Of Christmas Empty

Back to top Go down

The True Meaning Of Christmas
Page 1 of 1