Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A word about uneeded posts

Go down 
+10
Argie
Ketchup Wasabi
7Styl3
AlterBlade
Iced8383
Chilleh88
Mickey4741
Chargers
Mook
iWaddle
14 posters
AuthorMessage
iWaddle
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
iWaddle

Registration date : 2008-01-27

A word about uneeded posts Empty
PostSubject: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 2:17 pm

Hey everyone. I have been noticed a bunch of uneeded posts. If I catch them, I will delete them, and I mean business.

I find these posts highly uneeded and somewhat stupid.

If someone makes a topic saying "HELP ME PENGUIN HAS BEEN BANNED AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!111" and someone replies saying "Just email Club Penguin".

Don't reply saying "Yeah just email Club Penguin". Someone already said that! You don't need to tell them the same exact thing 10 minutes after someone else said it! I'll delete it!

Also, don't post in a thread such as the CP Album saying "I'll post some pictures in a few days."

Those are two examples of uneeded posts.

I'm just getting really sick of seeing them.

Thanks,
-iWaddle

Not trying to sound rude or anything.
Back to top Go down
Mook
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 2:27 pm

Your not sounding rude, your right. I've even seen unneeded topics and posts that turn into spam. I really think users should think before they post.

Last edited by Mook on December 30th 2008, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 2:30 pm

I think I did that once today. :P I'll watch for those.
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 2:36 pm

My opinion is there is nothing wrong with something like "I will post pictures in a few days" but restating is wrong.
Back to top Go down
iWaddle
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
iWaddle

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 2:41 pm

Mickey4741 wrote:
My opinion is there is nothing wrong with something like "I will post pictures in a few days" but restating is wrong.

If your going to edit your post with pictures later, state that. But other than that it's not needed.
Back to top Go down
Chilleh88
Mercenary
Mercenary
Chilleh88

Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 2:41 pm

I know, i had a topic that was like "Hey, i wanna see some videos" And everyone was like "Go to youtube" OVER AND OVER. My mind was like..GAH!!! SPAM!
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 3:34 pm

Is stuff like this okay?:

Quote :
I'm going to take some new shots soon, and I'll post them after I'm done.

Is that okay?
Back to top Go down
iWaddle
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
iWaddle

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 4:36 pm

Snowy Ice8389 wrote:
Is stuff like this okay?:

Quote :
I'm going to take some new shots soon, and I'll post them after I'm done.

Is that okay?

If your going to edit that post with the pictures, then yes.
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 4:38 pm

I was waiting for a thread like this.Everything was well said, although I doubt the newbies/spammers will find this(I know this isn't just for them). :/
Back to top Go down
7Styl3
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
7Styl3

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 4:45 pm

Thanks for posting this. I found out that a lot of people post uneeded post.
Back to top Go down
Ketchup Wasabi
Super-Human
Super-Human
Ketchup Wasabi

Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 4:47 pm

I think this should happen to the congratz too!

I just think it is a total spam when people say (Hope you dont mind Mook) Congratz Mook! Over and over again! Dont they have anything else to say? Any comments?

And same with the introduction and farewell forum. All I see is either "Welcome XXX" or
"Welcome, please read the rules" or "Hope you will come back soon" Hope you will be active" They have no comments like hey I like your avv or anything. I just think it is spamming when people say those over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 5:26 pm

@ KW- They are congratulating someone. What are they supposed to say? "You stink now have fun modding!" or something?
Back to top Go down
*I.Bros.*
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
*I.Bros.*

Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 7:56 pm

Say:

I said, " I'll post pictures tomorrow, but, now I have to go to bed."
And edit the post later tomorrow, and it would be ok?

Would that be acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 30th 2008, 7:57 pm

And aren't these un-needed posts actually good for CPP? Keeps the activity rate up.
Back to top Go down
iWaddle
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
iWaddle

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyDecember 31st 2008, 3:33 pm

Mickey4741 wrote:
And aren't these un-needed posts actually good for CPP? Keeps the activity rate up.

Kinda not really. We don't need a bunch of spam.
Back to top Go down
ash7890
Vagabond
Vagabond
ash7890

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyJanuary 1st 2009, 11:42 am

Your right
Back to top Go down
Clonewars2
Adept
Adept
Clonewars2

Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 10:15 pm

How is it annyoing i mean really? theres a difference between spam (like just saying one word) and restating something.
Back to top Go down
iWaddle
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
iWaddle

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 5:14 pm

clonewars2 wrote:
How is it annyoing i mean really? theres a difference between spam (like just saying one word) and restating something.

There is no need to say something someone already pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 5:25 pm

Thanks for pointing this out. When the question is answered I think the thread should just be locked to prevent these spam posts. That's what I did when I was a mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A word about uneeded posts   A word about uneeded posts Empty

Back to top Go down

A word about uneeded posts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Planet :: Main Archives-
Jump to: