Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coins And Reputation!

Go down 
+27
Kool Kat
BabyCP
Asho
Iced8383
Mickey4741
sevensevenzero
Snow Bunny
Digit
Argie
Goobenheimer
Creeper
TomY
Flubby
Ovaiz
Green Puffle
Loki Terry
Plurk.
iWaddle
iSnow
Rudolph
Ace
Dark
Vortex
Paint Ninja
Triton
Snowball423
RTL
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-01-25

Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 6:09 pm

Goobenheimer wrote:
How does Rep work?

I'm happy this was added. And I'm sorry I've barely been active at all lately. State testing is this week so I've been so busy.

Ok well you see the little plus and minus buttons next to each post? That is what gives the user rep. If they do a good post click the + sign. They get 1 rep. They do a bad post click the - sign. They loose a rep. Also if you make a topic you and only you will see a thank you button on each post. You can only do it once, a post that like does a good explanation on your topic or helps you with it you press thank you and it gives them 3 rep.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 6:09 pm

Oh, thanks for explaining.

But couldn't immature users just minus every post they see?
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 6:10 pm

You need to have a certain amount of posts to give rep and theirs a certain amount of time before each rep you can give and you can only give a certain amount per day.
Back to top Go down
iSnow
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 6:12 pm

Why don't we have "Thanks" on every post, not only in the threads you post in?
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 6:12 pm

Ask Forumotion not us. :P
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 6:15 pm

Ok thanks for explaining. I'm glad forummotion is getting all these new features.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 6:26 pm

Oh wow, this seems cool. =D I can't wait to see what people think of me.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 7:20 pm

Um, I've seen some users asking rep for rep. Meaning they'll give each other rep if the other does the same.

Could there be a set of rules to what they should be given out for? Or an addition to the forum rules.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 7:23 pm

Triton wrote:
Um, I've seen some users asking rep for rep. Meaning they'll give each other rep if the other does the same.

Could there be a set of rules to what they should be given out for? Or an addition to the forum rules.
Well, people could always end up PMing eachother or something to do it in private.

It does seem very strange.... anyway, can you donate coins or spend them in any way whatsoever without moderator guidance anymore? Because if I have to PM a moderator to get stuff I will be unhappy. Argie

And I want my personalized rank back, now that coins are still being used.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 7:24 pm

Argie wrote:
Triton wrote:

Well, people could always end up PMing eachother or something to do it in private.

It does seem very strange.... anyway, can you donate coins or spend them in any way whatsoever without moderator guidance anymore? Because if I have to PM a moderator to get stuff I will be unhappy. Argie

And I want my personalized rank back, now that coins are still being used.

Well, you are right, but at least the "honest" users will know what to do and not to do.

Last edited by Triton on March 18th 2009, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 7:25 pm

We are not doing personal ranks anymore. We might in the future but they would be harder to get. You can not donate coins at the moment but I did ask Forumotion and they said they will be adding that in the future.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 7:29 pm

Ya neat!
Back to top Go down
Snow Bunny
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Snow Bunny

Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 7:44 pm

Uhh.... what did I miss? What are coins? O o
Back to top Go down
sevensevenzero
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 8:44 pm

I love it, I`m gonna try to be the first to have 100 coins!
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 9:21 pm

But can you get coins any other way than posting?
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 9:29 pm

Contests is the only other way at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 9:51 pm

Awesome. :D The rep system is dumb though...

Can i have my 10k back? :D
Back to top Go down
Snowball423
Vanguard
Vanguard
Snowball423

Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 9:53 pm

Green Puffle wrote:
Snowball423 wrote:
By the way, every time you post, you get 1 coin, and every time you make a new topic, you get 3 coins ;)
Wouldn't that encourage spam?

As RTL said, you won't get coins for posting in the Posting Games forum. If you see someone spam in another forum, you can report it and give them - rep, which will hopefully discourage them from spamming. We'll have to see how it works out. ;)
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 9:54 pm

Mickey4741 wrote:
Awesome. :D The rep system is dumb though...

Can i have my 10k back? :D
They aren't refunding. *cries in corner*

Anyway, it is kind of weird, considering how abused it will get no matter how many things they say.
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 9:55 pm

Yeah. They said coins should be hard... how is posting hard? And the rep system will be abused, with some people having -100 who never spam and others who spam having like +50
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 9:57 pm

Yeah I know Jazzdawg had a bunch of minuses because someone was apparently bored. Already it is being messed with.
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 10:01 pm

Well it can't get abused that much. You can only give and subtract a certain amount of rep each day and there is a small time limit between each rep you give. Plus Jazzdawg having minuses is for something he posted in the staff forum. ;)
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 10:01 pm

RTL wrote:
Well it can't get abused that much. You can only give and subtract a certain amount of rep each day and there is a small time limit between each rep you give. Plus Jazzdawg having minuses is for something he posted in the staff forum. ;)
Yes but some of his posts that I could see randomly had minuses on the side.

Plus, no matter how much or little you can limit it will still be abused for random or unfair stuff.
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 10:03 pm

Yeah, I know. Were just gonna have to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 10:20 pm

Yeah. I was afraid people would abuse it. It is kind of cool though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coins And Reputation!   Coins And Reputation! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coins And Reputation!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next