Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speech on Spain

Go down 
+3
weirdal204
Payton
Waddle50008
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Waddle50008
Super-Human
Super-Human
Waddle50008

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 10:43 pm

I need a 5-7 minute speech about Spain tomorrow featuring the History of spain, Spain Today, and things to to there (tourism). If anyone is willing to write this for me (make sure it's spell checked, proper grammar, properly punctuated), I'll pay in any way I am capable of.

Yes, I'm that lazy.

Resources you can copy paragraphs from and just plain reword:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Spain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Spain

I'll give you an old club penguin account, my credits, or whatever I can produce (graphics, a signature, avatar...).
Back to top Go down
Payton
Observer
Observer
Payton

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 10:47 pm

I'm writing it now and will be done soon.
Back to top Go down
Waddle50008
Super-Human
Super-Human
Waddle50008

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 10:49 pm

Payton Bice
SpongeBob wrote:
Cause you and me; we're like brothers, only closer...
Back to top Go down
weirdal204
Super-Human
Super-Human

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:04 pm

Payton is high. Produce anything eh Raise Eyebrows
Back to top Go down
Payton
Observer
Observer
Payton

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:09 pm

weirdal204 wrote:
When am I not high?

Almost done.

Edit:
Quote :
Spain, otherwise known as The Kingdom of Spain, is a country located in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula. Some archaeological research shows us that around 35,000 years ago Cro-Magnons lived on the Iberian Peninsula through the Pyrenees. The two main historical peoples of the peninsula were the Iberians and Celts; in the inner part of the peninsula you could find the Celtiberian people. The Basques occupied the western part of the Pyrenees Mountain. All of these different groups of humans indicate to us that the human race was very divided back in the early days of existence, as we are now – but that’s another topic for another day.

During the Second Punic War, the Roman Empire owned some Carthaginian colonies on the Mediterranean coast and took over almost all of the Iberian Peninsula from about 205 BC to 210 BC.

Around the eighth century nearly all of the Iberian Peninsula was conquered by the Muslim armies from North Africa. This invasion was part of the Umayyad Islamic Empire, in which said armies were trying to expand upon – you sure did guess it – the Umayyad Islamic Empire. Isn’t that just so very interesting? I sure think so.

The Reconquista was when Spain gained back their independence from the Umayyad Islamic Empire. This event is seen to have been started with the battle of Covadonga in 722. The victory of this Reconquista led to the creation of the Christian Kingdom of Asturias along the northern coastal mountains. The Muslim Armies had also moved north of the Pyrenees but were defeated yet again at the Battle of Poitiers in France, which is a lovely place you should visit sometime in your life when you’re middle aged and live in a dumpy house.

More modern day happenings in Spain involve the horrific event in which 1,800 people were killed in a train bombing which is believed to be a controlled demolition by the Popular Party. This is kind of like the theories of 9/11 in America, only the people who believe these theories aren’t shunned from society like common Americans do today (namely in the southern states, and trust me, I’ve consulted my friend Payton about that).

In conclusion I’d like to keep us in the modern world. After all, there’s only so much of the past we can take before we go bonkers. Basically what I’m saying is that there are more important matters at hand than what happened with Muslim armies in 722 BC. There are actual lessons we can learn from what’s happening now, and we can be enlightened to newer concepts and ideas through these things now. I’m not saying that the past is completely irrelevant crap that we’ll never use, because that would be false and completely ignorant – what I am saying is that we need to focus more on the present rather than the past. I encourage you to go home today and try to inform yourself to these conspiracy theories; Google ought to do the trick.

Last edited by Payton on March 23rd 2009, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paint Ninja
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2008-11-05

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:11 pm

Payton wrote:
weirdal204 wrote:
When am I not high?

Almost done.
When you're smoking your Smarties. Raise Eyebrows
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:17 pm

Paint Ninja wrote:
Payton wrote:
weirdal204 wrote:
When am I not high?

Almost done.

Wrong.

That's when you get to the highest of high's. :Ovaiz:
Back to top Go down
Paint Ninja
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2008-11-05

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:18 pm

Triton wrote:
Paint Ninja wrote:
Payton wrote:
weirdal204 wrote:
When am I not high?

Almost done.

Wrong.

That's when you get to the highest of high's. :Ovaiz:
But he's Payton, so everything is opposite.
Back to top Go down
Payton
Observer
Observer
Payton

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:19 pm

Not necessarily. Most things are opposite, but not everything.
Back to top Go down

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:21 pm

Haha, Im loving the part about Payton in the speech
Back to top Go down
Payton
Observer
Observer
Payton

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:23 pm

smileygurl wrote:
Basically I tried to keep the speech half and half; one half serious, one half jocular.
Back to top Go down

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:25 pm

Payton wrote:
smileygurl wrote:
Basically I tried to keep the speech half and half; one half serious, one half jocular.

Good job, it's perfect.
Back to top Go down
Waddle50008
Super-Human
Super-Human
Waddle50008

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:50 pm

@ Payton:
Patrick wrote:
I love you

Chatbox convo starter: God's stirring up quite a gale tonight.
Back to top Go down
Payton
Observer
Observer
Payton

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 11:54 pm

Waddle50008 wrote:
@ Payton:
Patrick wrote:
I love you

Chatbox convo starter: God's stirring up quite a gale tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgJ-8XsrQAA
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

Registration date : 2008-08-31

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 24th 2009, 2:40 am

wikipedia is not a realiable source always, so becareful with that.
Back to top Go down

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 24th 2009, 10:03 pm

So how was your speech?
Back to top Go down
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

Registration date : 2008-02-16

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain EmptyMarch 24th 2009, 10:27 pm

I wonder if he actually said what Payton gave him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speech on Spain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speech on Spain   Speech on Spain Empty

Back to top Go down

Speech on Spain
Page 1 of 1