Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is YOUR idea of art?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudolph
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-04-23

What is YOUR idea of art? Empty
PostSubject: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 19th 2009, 9:17 pm

Are you a total perfectionist or do you like sketchy stuff.
I mostly draw "scene kids", but they have no faces. I put a bandana over their mouth and nose and they just have no eyes. I don't know. My friends think there is some kind of secret or message behind the no face drawings, but honestly, I just can't draw faces. Lol. I want to get into painting. I like abstract art. Art from the heart, not perfect "poof-poof" (As my language teacher would say) art.

Add-on: I forgot a closing... Tahdah! SHARE WITH THE WORLD! Lol.
Back to top Go down
sevensevenzero
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 19th 2009, 10:14 pm

i think of art as something that you like and do not for only fun but for a living or a passion
Back to top Go down
iCool
Exemplar
Exemplar
iCool

Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 19th 2009, 10:40 pm

I think that to be an artist you don't have to be good, just that you have to try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 19th 2009, 10:50 pm

In real life, I am a total perfectionist. When it comes to art, I need it to look perfect, or it is not complete.

For instince, I have always gotten compliments on my writing (which I consider an art), but I don't think my writing is good until I think it is perfect.

As for drawing, I draw all the time. It usualy takes several days for me to complete a picture, and then I usualy don't feel finished till I am critized. I love being critized, because I always want to get better.
Back to top Go down
Rudolph
Super-Human
Super-Human

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 19th 2009, 10:57 pm

Weazle 123 wrote:
i think of art as something that you like and do not for only fun but for a living or a passion
I disagree... Highly. Art doesn't have to be your total passion. For instance, I love art (drawing, painting, writing, etc..) but I don't want to go big time with it. I'll use singing and dancing as an example too, I guess. You maybe not be the best at it, but you're having fun.

smileygurl wrote:
In real life, I am a total perfectionist. When it comes to art, I need it to look perfect, or it is not complete.

For instince, I have always gotten compliments on my writing (which I consider an art), but I don't think my writing is good until I think it is perfect.

As for drawing, I draw all the time. It usualy takes several days for me to complete a picture, and then I usualy don't feel finished till I am critized. I love being critized, because I always want to get better.
I love writing! I was just about to write a new poem, but anyway. I like to be criticized too. I send pics to my friends, but they are, of course, going to say "Wow that's really nice." and "That's cool." Most of them probably barely take a look at it. I like getting art advice from my grandma who is an amazing drawer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 19th 2009, 11:05 pm

Really, I'd rather be criticized than complimented.
Back to top Go down
Rudolph
Super-Human
Super-Human

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 19th 2009, 11:10 pm

Yes. I need more artistic friends. =|
Back to top Go down
sevensevenzero
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 20th 2009, 11:37 am

critisized is a bad thing....
Back to top Go down
Moe Lester
Observer
Observer

Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 20th 2009, 11:45 am

Weazle 123 wrote:
critisized is a bad thing....
How the "h"ell is criticism a bad thing? -_-

I'd rather be told the truth than be admired.
Back to top Go down
sevensevenzero
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 20th 2009, 6:44 pm

u must not know what critizism is...
Back to top Go down
Loiy1
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Loiy1

Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 20th 2009, 6:46 pm

I prefer drawing, I am not a big fan of coloring in my work though.
Back to top Go down
sevensevenzero
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 20th 2009, 6:48 pm

yeah i draw too
Back to top Go down
Moe Lester
Observer
Observer

Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? EmptySeptember 22nd 2009, 11:01 am

Weazle 123 wrote:
u must not know what critizism is...
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAhAHAHAHHAHAHAH
No....

"a written evaluation of a work of literature."
"The act of criticising; a critical judgment passed or expressed; a critical observation or detailed examination and review; a critique; animadversion; censure."
"The act of criticizing, especially adversely.""A critical comment or judgment.""The practice of analyzing, classifying, interpreting, or evaluating literary or other artistic works"
" A critical article or essay; a critique."
"The investigation of the origin and history of literary documents; textual criticism."

Dude, you can't even spell it right. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is YOUR idea of art?   What is YOUR idea of art? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is YOUR idea of art?
Page 1 of 1