Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?

Go down 
+4
BT
FlyingKanga
Bronze
BlUeSoUl
8 posters

Do you think Disney is still trying to ruin fame on Club Penguin?
Yes
Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Bar_left50%Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Bar_right
 50% [ 5 ]
Maybe
Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Bar_left10%Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Bar_right
 10% [ 1 ]
No
Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Bar_left30%Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Bar_right
 30% [ 3 ]
Not Anymore
Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Bar_left10%Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Bar_right
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
BlUeSoUl
Lurker
Lurker
BlUeSoUl

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Empty
PostSubject: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 5:05 pm

The Main Story:

Remember 2008, when they seemed to be returning most of the rare items? I didn't like it, and it made Club Penguin boring.

That was about one year and 6 months ago.

Now, do you think Disney is still trying to ruin fame on Club Penguin?

Here is the original post from Aguair's old site.

Holla, Holla, Holla!

Bluesoulxo gave me a great idea! Her idea was that, because CP brought back the crown, Disney were maybe trying to get rid of fame in Club Penguin?
Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Crown
Remember from March’s catalog? They brought back a few rare items in there too!
Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Fedora
But it’s not just in catalog’s where Disney might be stopping fame. Remember the Apri Fools day party? They certainly shoved something up rare penguins face:
Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Hat
So, are CP trying to ruin fame? Well, most famous penguins are getting fame through blogs. Are Disney doing this:
Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Wordpress
Famous penguins also tend to make YouTube channels, which allows them to create [Penguin Name] TV etc. Are Disney also doing this:
Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Suspended

So here is the big question!

Are Disney, trying to get rid of FAME on Club Penguin?

You choose.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by BlUeSoUl on November 12th 2009, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 5:11 pm

Well as for the blogs, Disney have the right to request a suspension because names and images are copyrighted and a simple Copyright Disney 2007-2009- will not do for them.
With youtube channels, they also contain filming from the game which is copyrighted.

So legally they are allowed to. But I definitely think they are trying to destroy the social scale and "famous" status of users by bringing back old items.
Sux, I know.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? EmptyNovember 13th 2009, 8:02 am

I'd love to see Mimo get suspended. xD
They're probably aiming on something better. Maybe because they are trying to promote Marvel ?
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? EmptyNovember 13th 2009, 10:20 am

It's not against any terms of service to have pictures of Club Penguin on a website.

This guy is just angy because the oldest pin he has is the Koi Fish Pin.

I knew when you showed up, I'd hate you, and you just proved me right.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? EmptyNovember 13th 2009, 1:20 pm

BT wrote:
It's not against any terms of service to have pictures of Club Penguin on a website.

Me? I don't play Club Penguin.
And why do you think Disney would let anyone just use all the content they pay people to make on a blog? Personally, I think disney control some blogs and use them to gain publicity, but you guys may think differently.

And BT, I'm only contributing to the conversation. Don't start a flame war over a Koi Fish Pin ;)
Back to top Go down
ScooterMeow
Mario Fanatic
ScooterMeow

Registration date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? EmptyNovember 13th 2009, 8:02 pm

No, because Disney just wants the CP users to have the rare items for once!
Back to top Go down
Chasedev
Seeker
Seeker
Chasedev

Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? EmptyNovember 20th 2009, 5:26 am

-It would make so much sense, they don't like having to see if its bots or famous people doing crazy things... When there is a crowd they try to see what it is, but it could be a bot who knows??? There are bots on cp, and somethings happen if you login and have a big party.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? EmptyNovember 20th 2009, 8:00 am

Cold. wrote:
BT wrote:

Me? I don't play Club Penguin.
And why do you think Disney would let anyone just use all the content they pay people to make on a blog?
It's not against their ToS. Do you see any of the blogs claiming that any of the artwork they're showcasing is made by them? If you have the slightest trace of a brain, then you'd probably know that the stuff they put up there is made by the team that created Club Penguin when you visit a Club Penguin blog.
If you think about it, without all those poorly made blogs, Club Penguin wouldn't be as known as it is right now. They're actually boosting the game's popularity, there's no way that could end up hurting a big, evil, power-hungry company Disney, right? Besides, why would a company like Disney even care about all those blogs? Why the heck would they even want to close them down? They're too busy ruining today's youth to go around squashing kiddies' drea--Oh wait.

Regarding the subject you addressed in your original post; if you really care about being famous in an online game aimed at 8-year-old kids, then I suggest you get off the computer, grab a pen, and stab yourself repeatedly in the neck. It's a G.A.M.E, the purpose of a GAME is to have fun. I'm pretty sure bragging about how you wasted 3 years of your life collecting OH EM GEE RARE!! pixel items isn't part of the deal.
Back to top Go down
The Bear
Lurker
Lurker
The Bear

Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? EmptyNovember 20th 2009, 3:24 pm

I think that Club Penguin bringing back old items is not so much of a good idea for disney.
It ruins the whole point of being "old" on Club Penguin for some of the "old" players on Club Penguin.
Back to top Go down
Chasedev
Seeker
Seeker
Chasedev

Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? EmptyNovember 20th 2009, 5:58 pm

The Bear wrote:
I think that Club Penguin bringing back old items is not so much of a good idea for disney.
It ruins the whole point of being "old" on Club Penguin for some of the "old" players on Club Penguin.

Thats is right, specially betas, the had special items people see. Disney is getting confusing with the pushing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?   Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Disney [still] trying to ruin fame in Club Penguin?
Page 1 of 1