Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!

Go down 
+10
Brenhein
Madeg
Dantos
Sjb
magicNASRI
Shadow Sora
Bronze
Holiday
X-masZap101
electroblaze96
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
electroblaze96
Lurker
Lurker
electroblaze96

Registration date : 2009-12-06

Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! Empty
PostSubject: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 6th 2009, 10:23 pm

Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! 2qb59bm

Welcome to Drifters

Drifters is a brand new flash RPG. Thats right, RPG. Not MMORPG, because I decided that everyone is making a Flash MMO (and not getting very far with the multiplayer part) so I decided that it would just be tons easier to just completely exclud the multiplayer feature. Now you might think that is no fun, but there are a bunch of advantages to it also. First of all, the programming will be a lot easier, knowing since I have experienced the programming behind an MMORPG. Anyway, back to the actual game. In drifters you get to live your life as an alien creature with a jetpack (you can change your type of transportation) in the many planets of the Drifters Galaxy.

This game will consist of many features that a multiplayer game has, plus more. There will be money, inventory slots, clothing, a house, furniture, movement, minigames, etc, but also special minigames that multiplayer games cannot have, an in depth storyline, and more! Right now the game is in Beta Mode and we need your help with it along the way. What do I mean by that? How can you help? Simple, just read the help needed section. There are tons of ways you can make a difference in the production in this game in the most simplest ways.

Your Help Needed!

Did you really think I would be able to make this all by myself? Maybe you did. Anyway, you can actually help in a lot of different ways. You can design, you can program, you can create ideas, you can design demos, beta test, tons of things. The first and easiest thing you can do is beta test. No, unfortunately you won't get that special beta badge in the game since it is not multiplayer, but you do get special sneek peeks at the latest things go on. You can also be a designer, and that is a major part, which gives the whole design and look of the game. The most important and difficult part, programmer, might be the job for you too, which creates the whole interfact of the game. Lastly, there is the idea help team, which organizes and produces the ideas and storyline and structure of the game. Which will you Choose?

Beta Tester- The main job of beta testers which some of you may have forgotten, is to actually test the game. I have yet to see any games with actual beta privelages. So on, your job is to get all those mistakes and errors and report them to me. That way the game can be as perfect as it can be and no body will stumble across these unfortunate problems while playing the game. I may throw in an in-game bonus if I can find a way to, so theres something to look foward to.

Graphic Designer- This job like I said before, gives the whole look, and style to the game while playing, and even might throw in a mood or tone. There are various different things you can design, clothes, backgrounds, styles, buttons, sprites, rooms, anything you want. Some of you may not have found what you are good at yet and still need training, and that is what our design trainers are for. Right now we don't have any trainers, so I will be the trainer for now. On the forums I will have classes and such teaching a couple people at a time how to become a good designer.

Programmers- Yes I actually do know how to program, to a certain extent though. I should be able to program most of the things here with a little help with my friend, but it is always nice to have some help from other people who might know more and other things I do not know (which is a lot). Anyway, obviously you job is to create the interface and we are depending on you as a whole. Your job is to correspond with the beta testers and fix any problems best you can.

Idea Team- Lastly, the Ideam Team. Your job is pretty obvious hence the name Idea Team. There are actually a lot more things to do then just making ideas though. You CAN just make ideas, but you can also help organize, grow, and produce ideas to a great extent to make them the best that they can be. Another part is to write storylines and such for the characters and game plots, also minigames too. You also can create minigame ideas and clothing theme ideas and tons of other things.

Ok now that you have heard the explanations and duties of each job you can sign up. When signing up just fill out this form I have made. If I accept you can be added to the team list. Join Now!

Name:
Job:
Why:
Show Work:

~Beta Tester List~

1. X-masZap101
2. Cindy Lou Who
3. Dantos
4. snowflake

~Graphic Designer List~

1. X-masZap101

~Programmer List~

~Idea and Story Line Team List~

Demos & Beta Tests

Okay well I will be having weekly releases that will be every Monday. Today will be an early release for tomorrows weekly release which is the demo 0.1. Basically I will have some sort of small update that might not even be a game update every week. This could include a contest, contest result, new room, clothing, feature, minigame, graphics, a new forum theme, various things. I will try to get a lot for each update and I am hoping that I can actually get something for every week.

Hopefully with your help though, I will get a lot for each week. It depends on how much of YOUR help I can get! So if you want a new update you should be thinking about finding some way you can help even if it is some small idea or post on the forums. Also, some weeks I may be early, and some weeks I may be a day late. If I have a LOT to share for the week I might even have an update half way through the week. Anyway here is the first update.

Demo 0.1- http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1260145854

Demo Test 0.2- http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1260756272

Rooms and Graphics

Bubble House
Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! 152z12t

Shopping Area
Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! Nv3zmt

Rocky Cove
Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! 24eoydw

Sprite Colors
Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! K4ctnd

Forums

Drifters Official Development Forums- www.drifters.forumotion.com

Please join the forums which we will have daily updates and information about the game. I will try my best to update this thread as much as possible but for now just join the forums. Also please talk on the forums so that we can have active fun conversations helping this game even more. If you have trouble signing up just tell me and I will activate your account in 2 seconds. Maybe even 1 second. Anyway just be sure to talk I hope you have fun talking and interacting with everyone, I hope you have fun there because that will be the center of everything going on with Drifters! Also any concerns, ideas, or ANYTHING, just post it there (unless it is against the rules) and I will answer or we can have a multiperson discussion.

Thanks!

Well after this I hope you enjoyed reading and if you actually did read the whole thing I congradulate you. Please sign up, or join the forums, or help because I want everyone to enjoy this great game. Maybe one day it will be an amazing full and finished demo that we can all look back and say "Yeah I helped make that game" ANYWAY, thanks so much and I hope you enjoy!

Last edited by electroblaze96 on December 20th 2009, 10:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
X-masZap101
Forum Dweller
Forum Dweller
X-masZap101

Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 6th 2009, 10:27 pm

Name: Jack, Fish Madness, HappyZap101 or X-masZap101 you decide
Job: Beta
Why: because i like testing games?
Show Work: ????

I wanna do graphics design but I'm to lazy to show examples. Can I do a temp job at making items and if you don't like them fire me? ;)

I have registered on the forums as HappyZap101 :D
Back to top Go down
electroblaze96
Lurker
Lurker
electroblaze96

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 6th 2009, 10:56 pm

Ok you are in as a tester and a graphics designer. What type of graphics do you enjoy or intend on making? Also you can test the latest demo for bugs and glitches, I will send you the newest demos early.
Back to top Go down
X-masZap101
Forum Dweller
Forum Dweller
X-masZap101

Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 6th 2009, 11:20 pm

Well, I could design pets for players to buy. I'll go design a prototype now :)

EDIT: Here we go:
Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! 092513
Star Critter
Star Critters are excellent explorers and use their star shape as camouflage from their predators

EDIT 2: No Evident bugs or glitches in Demo 0.1
Back to top Go down
Holiday
Lurker
Lurker
Holiday

Registration date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 7th 2009, 12:18 am

Hey Soccer, Now that Plumpit failed.... Your back, eh?
Back to top Go down
electroblaze96
Lurker
Lurker
electroblaze96

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 7th 2009, 5:51 pm

And who are you? Back from where? Do you want to join? If not, I reccomend not spamming up these forums ;).
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 7th 2009, 6:41 pm

Looks good. Try to add some better lighting, and this'll be big :)
Back to top Go down
Shadow Sora
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 7th 2009, 7:37 pm

Looks nice, I love those rooms!
But I have to say that the sprites could use a little work. ;)

Nice job, though! :D
SSD~
Back to top Go down
Holiday
Lurker
Lurker
Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 8th 2009, 12:45 am

Your the one spaming. Soccer, You make multiple account's All with fail games. Like Plumpit. Give it up kid, Get a life.
Back to top Go down
electroblaze96
Lurker
Lurker
electroblaze96

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 8th 2009, 6:36 pm

Who are you exactly? And thanks guys for the tips =).
Back to top Go down
Holiday
Lurker
Lurker
Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 8th 2009, 6:42 pm

The person that knows all about you. You mess with me I mess with you
Back to top Go down
magicNASRI
Exemplar
Exemplar
magicNASRI

Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 9th 2009, 4:10 pm

Good luck! It looks a very good game indeed!
Back to top Go down
electroblaze96
Lurker
Lurker
electroblaze96

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 9th 2009, 8:15 pm

Thanks I am hoping to get a pretty good update for Monday hopefully, and Holiday, if I recall who you are, isn't it you who fail in your games and this is about your... 7th account of here? Anyway end of discussion- back to the game. (I really don't like starting flame wars like you may do)
Back to top Go down
electroblaze96
Lurker
Lurker
electroblaze96

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 13th 2009, 11:50 pm

Hello everyone again. As tomorrow is Monday I would like to release the new Weekly Beta 0.2 a bit early for those on at this moment. Anyway here is Demo 0.2.

Demo 0.2- http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1260756272

~Features~

-Minigames Screen
-New Minigame
-Holiday Decorations
-Clothing Store
-Extra graphics added
- Login (not finished) Screen
-Quality Selection
-navigation bar on left side
-Home and Options button available on navigation bar

Edit: Sorry but on the House Bubble there is a giant circle, I forgot to delete it- I was testing something.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 3:29 pm

That demo is awesome!
Do you think maybe I could be like play support?
If, just beta!

~Sjb
Back to top Go down
electroblaze96
Lurker
Lurker
electroblaze96

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 5:26 pm

Ok well there isn't actually play support but I will gladly add you to the beta list, and the beta stuff is on the forums so you can join the forums too =).
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 5:27 pm

Okay, thanks!

~Sjb
Back to top Go down
Dantos
Vagabond
Vagabond
Dantos

Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 6:18 pm

Consider me a Beta Tester.

Although there's one little bug in the demo. Look at this... Follow these instructions...

↓ and the other arrow should be on the other side. And that shouldn't even be in a demo.
Back to top Go down
electroblaze96
Lurker
Lurker
electroblaze96

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 8:57 pm

Wait what are you talking about I lost you at the other arrow. What arrow are we talking about? Also, sure I will add you to beta testers and thanks =).
Back to top Go down
Madeg
Lurker
Lurker
Madeg

Registration date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 10:50 pm

Name: Madeg
Job:Beta
Why:I like testing games, of course!
Show Work: None

Thats my form!
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 17th 2009, 1:11 pm

What happened to the Store and the Rocket Ship?

~Sjb
Back to top Go down
electroblaze96
Lurker
Lurker
electroblaze96

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 17th 2009, 5:06 pm

What do you mean? Nothing changed.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 20th 2009, 5:53 pm

The rocketship is gone and so id the store. Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! 855771

~Sjb
Back to top Go down
electroblaze96
Lurker
Lurker
electroblaze96

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyDecember 20th 2009, 10:04 pm

Oh, well I just added the newer demo, I guess I just never added it before.
Back to top Go down
Brenhein
Lurker
Lurker
Brenhein

Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! EmptyJanuary 18th 2010, 3:14 pm

Random Suggestion: Set the FPS to at least 24 for optimal results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!   Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW! Empty

Back to top Go down

Drifters Official Development Thread ~ A Brand New RPG Game! Join NOW!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next