Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moderator Applications

Go down 
+23
Nation Cool
emma115
Creeper
Lob
Pinkamena Diane Pie
Sjb
AlterBlade
Hellopayton
Donkey
Marc
Dan
snowmanx
Cutie09
Chub 777
Marc978
Digit
Kyuu
Sergio
DK-Y2Y
Emess
Iced8383
Bam
Triton
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

Moderator Applications - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 13th 2010, 11:26 pm

Iced8383 wrote:
I'm guessing they're just picking two to replace Kyuu and iElmo.

Didn't Brian mod Kyuu?
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 13th 2010, 11:42 pm

Kyuu's a mod on the chat, but not on the actual forum.
Back to top Go down
Sergio
Super-Human
Super-Human
Sergio

Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 12:25 am

Iced8383 wrote:
I'm guessing they're just picking two to replace Kyuu and iElmo.

That sounds reasonable.

When are the results announced?
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:09 am

Shizzle wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:
Make Dan one and that's it. May as well call it the Kiddy Team.

Are you saying that the people below 15 do not qualify at all? tricky

No, 13 actually. I'm a 14 year old troll and I qualified when I was... in 2004. On some crap forum. THAT'S how awesome I am. So, I know I'm replacing Kyuu, who's replacing iElmo? Moderator Applications - Page 3 275633

No seriously I have ideas to turn this hellhole around. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:24 am

AlterBlade wrote:
Shizzle wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:

No, 13 actually. I'm a 14 year old troll and I qualified when I was... in 2004. On some crap forum. THAT'S how awesome I am. So, I know I'm replacing Kyuu, who's replacing iElmo? Moderator Applications - Page 3 275633

Then why are you trolling?
Back to top Go down
snowmanx
Super-Human
Super-Human
snowmanx

Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:25 am

So I guess I agree, iElmo isn't the best, but she's not as bad as Sjb. :p
Back to top Go down
Sergio
Super-Human
Super-Human
Sergio

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:26 am

Shizzle wrote:

Moderator Applications - Page 3 396839
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:27 am

Shizzle wrote:

iElmo isn't really bad. Ess Jay Bee is just:

Moderator Applications - Page 3 Wet-n-wild
Back to top Go down
Sergio
Super-Human
Super-Human
Sergio

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:28 am

Epicness Robot V7.77 wrote:
Shizzle wrote:

iElmo isn't really bad. Ess Jay Bee is just:

Moderator Applications - Page 3 Wet-n-wild

lolwut
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:33 am

AlterBlade wrote:
Shizzle wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:

Because it's fun?

And whoever just said iElmo was worse than Sjb needs to get shot.
Back to top Go down
Sergio
Super-Human
Super-Human
Sergio

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:34 am

AlterBlade wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:
Shizzle wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:

Because it's fun?

that means shizzle is deadmeat.
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:35 am

Jawdon wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:
Shizzle wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:

Because it's fun?

Say WHAA?

Moderator Applications - Page 3 6401703g69
Back to top Go down
Sergio
Super-Human
Super-Human
Sergio

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:38 am

AlterBlade wrote:
Jawdon wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:
Shizzle wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:

Because it's fun?

Say WHAA?

Moderator Applications - Page 3 6401703g69

Moderator Applications - Page 3 Fry-see-what-you-did-there-scaled
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:39 am

No no no.
Moderator Applications - Page 3 SmallThumbnail
Back to top Go down
Sergio
Super-Human
Super-Human
Sergio

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:45 am

Help me someone...
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 11:32 am

AlterBlade wrote:
Shizzle wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:

Why does this come up during every mod application? Does is seriously matter what age you are? As long as you get the job done, heck even if you're three years old and get the job done, I'm perfectly fine with that. I got my first mod job when I was 9. I made my own forum when I was 10. I ran a reasonably successful website at the same age too. The same applies for a few other people under the limit that you have set. Some run blogs, some are mods, some admins, and some own their own forum as well. If the staff decides to let people under 13 qualify, then we may have the best mod team we've had in a while. Look at some of the applications of people under 13. Some of them are pretty good, and the people who wrote them should be able to qualify for the spot. You shouldn't look at age, you should look at how well they may be able to get the job done.
Back to top Go down
Donkey
Sidekick
Sidekick
Donkey

Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 12:59 pm

Honestly, Iced, it's about experience and maturity combined. You'll find a 10 year old won't be mature enough or experienced enough to moderate a site properly under most situations.

However here at CPP, the site's run like crap anyway so why not get loads of 10 year olds to make it even more of a mess?
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 1:22 pm

Iced8383 wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:
Shizzle wrote:
AlterBlade wrote:

Why does this come up during every mod application? Does is seriously matter what age you are? As long as you get the job done, heck even if you're three years old and get the job done, I'm perfectly fine with that. I got my first mod job when I was 9. I made my own forum when I was 10. I ran a reasonably successful website at the same age too. The same applies for a few other people under the limit that you have set. Some run blogs, some are mods, some admins, and some own their own forum as well. If the staff decides to let people under 13 qualify, then we may have the best mod team we've had in a while. Look at some of the applications of people under 13. Some of them are pretty good, and the people who wrote them should be able to qualify for the spot. You shouldn't look at age, you should look at how well they may be able to get the job done.

They suck. That is all.

iElmo was a good example.
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:50 pm

How long have you been on cpp? A year and 3 or 4 months
What's your experience with being on a staff team? I own one forum, admins on some forums and mods on some forums
What could you bring to the staff team? I could bring the staff team lots of ideas that will help the forum grow.
What could you bring to the forum? I would bring the forum a lot of contests and more CP parties.
In a week, how many times are you on cpp? In the school year, everyday. I go away for most of the summer.

Thanks!
Good luck everyone!

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 2:56 pm

I love how people that havent been active in forever all of a sudden come back and post in only this thread.
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 3:10 pm

Donkey wrote:
Honestly, Iced, it's about experience and maturity combined. You'll find a 10 year old won't be mature enough or experienced enough to moderate a site properly under most situations.

However here at CPP, the site's run like crap anyway so why not get loads of 10 year olds to make it even more of a mess?

What is it about you and being against people under 13 on this forum? I have taken enough of your bickering. If the application is good, no matter the age, then they should be eligible for the mod spot. And Chao, you seem to be against the under 13 age group as well, considering that iElmo was a pretty good mod.
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 4:56 pm

Bam wrote:
I love how people that havent been active in forever all of a sudden come back and post in only this thread.

Yeah, this. Moderator Applications - Page 3 497332
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 5:05 pm

Iced8383 wrote:
Donkey wrote:

What is it about you and being against people under 13 on this forum? I have taken enough of your bickering. If the application is good, no matter the age, then they should be eligible for the mod spot. And Chao, you seem to be against the under 13 age group as well, considering that iElmo was a pretty good mod.

I pretty much agree, it doesn't matter what the age of the person.
Back to top Go down
Donkey
Sidekick
Sidekick
Donkey

Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 5:21 pm

Iced8383 wrote:
Donkey wrote:

I like how you don't know how to use or understand most of the words in that ridiculously poorly written paragraph. I'm against people under thirteen being on the site because it's illegal. Simple, I'm also all for child safety and while you may not see it in me, I'd care for you not to be raped by pedophiles.

For the most part, moderators shouldn't be chosen by applications alone. Other things are considered, for example how they interact with the community and their maturity/experience. Honestly though, I couldn't care less what happens. If the admins want to make you kids moderators that's their problem.
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 6:13 pm

Donkey wrote:
Iced8383 wrote:
Donkey wrote:

I like how you don't know how to use or understand most of the words in that ridiculously poorly written paragraph. I'm against people under thirteen being on the site because it's illegal. Simple, I'm also all for child safety and while you may not see it in me, I'd care for you not to be raped by pedophiles.

For the most part, moderators shouldn't be chosen by applications alone. Other things are considered, for example how they interact with the community and their maturity/experience. Honestly though, I couldn't care less what happens. If the admins want to make you kids moderators that's their problem.

Quit being biased already. I've taken enough of your crap over the years, and I know more than you may think I know. About half of this userbase is under 13, so if you want their accounts all deleted, the forum would take a major hit when it comes to users & activity. And who the heck cares about COPPA anyway? That document's over a decade old. It's barely even enforced anymore because of the amount of people under 13 that join sites. So why don't you quit whining over it? Besides, I'll be 13 in about a year. I'm turning 12 in September. And yes, a few other things do count, I'll agree with that. Experience, activity, and how long they've been on the site are the main factors. Maturity does play a part too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Moderator Applications
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next