Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Text with Paint.NET (Advanced)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) Empty
PostSubject: Text with Paint.NET (Advanced)   Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) EmptyAugust 12th 2010, 12:08 pm

Well, since there haven't been many tuts posted lately, I think I'll post my latest one.
How to create text using Paint.NET that looks like this:
Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) Lol12
You will need the following plugins that you can download from Paint.NET forum.
1. Outline Object by pyrochild

First, you want to choose some text so I will choose Birth of a Hero.
It is suggested that you use a transparent background to see everything.
Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) P110

Now for the gloss, make a new layer and name that Gloss or whatever you like. Now I have GIMP also and I think the gloss possibilities on there are much more effective and nicer looking than this but this is just a quick alternative.

Make sure the text layer is selected on the layers window and use Elipse selction to select the text for a gloss posture or you can use Rectangle selction.
Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) P111

Then, use your magic wand tool and set the properties to Global and the selection mode to the inside box option or just make sure the tool bar looks exactly like this:
Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) P112

Then while you are still on the Text layer, select the area that the Elipse selection has selected.
Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) P113

Now switch back to the gloss layer and then take the Bucket Fill tool and make sure your primary color is white and fill the selection with a white fill.
Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) P114

Then hit the deselect button and then set the gloss layer opacity to 105 or whatever you feel is opropriate for the transparency. Then merge the layers.
Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) P115

Now for the outline, now use pryrochild's outline object plugin and set the properties to:
Width=2 Softness=250 and then click ok.
Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) P116

Then now for the shadow, open Object Outline again and then switch the color to black and use this changed property: Softness=255 or the maximum limit.

Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) P117

And then your done! You can also repeat the first Object Outline to make it look to have to backgrounds one white and black but here's what turned out! Hope you liked it!

Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) Lol210
Or here's version 2 if you choose to repeat the first outline object.

Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) Lol211(Looks nicer)
Hope this works well for you guys!
~Kaka
Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Emess
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Text with Paint.NET (Advanced)   Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) EmptyAugust 12th 2010, 1:49 pm

:O This will be useful for me. Thanks for the tutorial.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Text with Paint.NET (Advanced)   Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) EmptyAugust 12th 2010, 1:50 pm

Np! Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) 562947
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Text with Paint.NET (Advanced)   Text with Paint.NET (Advanced) Empty

Back to top Go down

Text with Paint.NET (Advanced)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Planet :: Other Discussions :: Artwork Center :: Graphics Help &Tutorials-
Jump to: