Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First in over a year

Go down 
+3
Rifleman-Dlb
Creeper
Skyward Sam
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

First in over a year Empty
PostSubject: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 7th 2010, 11:08 am

Haven't made one of these since August 2009, but I decided to give one a shot in battling Mike.

First in over a year Loz2-1
First in over a year Loz3-1

You can say all you want about them, but I think I did alright for not doing it in so long.

Wow, move this to Artwork.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 7th 2010, 6:27 pm

Sorry but I can not really see what you did. Nothing is really blended and I can't see what you were trying to achieve. It's amazing how much your artwork changed after not practicing graphics for a year.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 7th 2010, 7:14 pm

Brian wrote:
Sorry but I can not really see what you did. Nothing is really blended and I can't see what you were trying to achieve. It's amazing how much your artwork changed after not practicing graphics for a year.

What do you mean by nothing is blended?
Back to top Go down
Rifleman-Dlb
Vanguard
Vanguard
Rifleman-Dlb

Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 8th 2010, 6:14 pm

DirkD wrote:
Brian wrote:
Nothing is really blended

That is what he means by "nothing is blended." ;)

Anyways, Not your best....5/10.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 8th 2010, 6:18 pm

DirkD wrote:
Brian wrote:

I think he means that there is no real interaction between the resources you used and the render/stock you chose. You need to work with both the C4Ds/ textures and the render/stock to produce an effect that fits. It all needs to work together.

Overall, it's not brilliant, especially considering your past capabilities. Considering it's your first in... what, ages? It's a nice try. I think Brian is correct, there doesn't seem to have been much effort put in, and it doesn't seem like you considered what your final product would be before actually starting out.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 8th 2010, 6:37 pm

I think it's pretty good. Not your best.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 8th 2010, 6:59 pm

TweezyClaus wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Brian wrote:

Well actually things are pretty blended and you probably wouldn't know since you make crappy tags. I don't take critique from beginners.

To Bronze: Yes, it has been my first in over a year, and well I didn't expect it to be my past capabilities. I was surprised thought to see how much information I had retained in that long of a lay-off.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 8th 2010, 7:02 pm

Pwnt
Back to top Go down
Rifleman-Dlb
Vanguard
Vanguard
Rifleman-Dlb

Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 9th 2010, 1:33 pm

DirkD wrote:
TweezyClaus wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Brian wrote:

Well actually things are pretty blended and you probably wouldn't know since you make crappy tags. I don't take critique from beginners.
Well actually things aren't blended at all. :roll:
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 9th 2010, 7:23 pm

TweezyClaus wrote:
DirkD wrote:
TweezyClaus wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Brian wrote:

You don't know what the stock looks like. You probably don't even know what a stock is because you suck so badly.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5400000/Legend-of-Zelda-Wallpaper-the-legend-of-zelda-5433362-1600-1200.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 9th 2010, 7:53 pm

DirkD wrote:
TweezyClaus wrote:
DirkD wrote:
TweezyClaus wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Brian wrote:

You don't know what the stock looks like. You probably don't even know what a stock is because you suck so badly.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5400000/Legend-of-Zelda-Wallpaper-the-legend-of-zelda-5433362-1600-1200.jpg
Infracted for being rude. Please do not be rude again.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 9th 2010, 10:18 pm

Julia Claw wrote:
DirkD wrote:
TweezyClaus wrote:
DirkD wrote:
TweezyClaus wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Brian wrote:

Infracted for being rude. Please do not be rude again.

Being rude isn't even against the rules. Plus, I was going easy on him honestly. Even if you infract me it will just be removed anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 9th 2010, 10:23 pm

He wasn't being rude -.-
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 10th 2010, 4:47 pm

"you suck so badly. " "you make crappy tags." You don't think that's not rude? I don't care, the infraction is staying, and that's final.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 10th 2010, 7:38 pm

Julia Claw wrote:
"you suck so badly. " "you make crappy tags." You don't think that's not rude? I don't care, the infraction is staying, and that's final.

Whatever you say. :roll:
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 10th 2010, 9:16 pm

It has been way over a year since the last time I have said anything about your signatures. Actually, I think it was before you even changed your name to Cole or whatever it was for the first time. But anyway...

I dont like the colors at all. Try using some different gradient maps and things like that. The effects you use do not match anything in the tag at all and you didn't do anything like colorizing or adjusting to make them fit and it stands out like a swore thumb. Also there is pretty much no depth what so ever. It is a render with tons of layers piled over it in a big jumbly mess and that is exactly what it looks like. I see some attempted flow but I am not sure if it is just a coincidence or not but when it comes to flow this signatures isn't very great at all and that is putting it very nicely. It could be a lot worse for someone who hasn't made anything in over a year so I will give you that.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year EmptyDecember 11th 2010, 2:19 am

Bam wrote:
It has been way over a year since the last time I have said anything about your signatures. Actually, I think it was before you even changed your name to Cole or whatever it was for the first time. But anyway...

I dont like the colors at all. Try using some different gradient maps and things like that. The effects you use do not match anything in the tag at all and you didn't do anything like colorizing or adjusting to make them fit and it stands out like a swore thumb. Also there is pretty much no depth what so ever. It is a render with tons of layers piled over it in a big jumbly mess and that is exactly what it looks like. I see some attempted flow but I am not sure if it is just a coincidence or not but when it comes to flow this signatures isn't very great at all and that is putting it very nicely. It could be a lot worse for someone who hasn't made anything in over a year so I will give you that.

I agree. Like I said I was surprised that I even retained this much information. ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First in over a year   First in over a year Empty

Back to top Go down

First in over a year
Page 1 of 1