Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Go down 
+17
Linky
Thunder
Skyward Sam
FlyingKanga
Jess
ParkourSAM
Brennan
Mike
Triton
Kyuu
Chai
Maria
Digit
Bronze
jamesmax01
Asho
Admin
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

Registration date : 2008-01-25

Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) Empty
PostSubject: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 3:45 pm

Now it's up to you to decide whoever deserves to be made an administrator, but before please read the following before voting for someone:

1. It's obvious since there is no actual poll, the voting is going to be done manually for many reasons such multiple accounts voting thing.

2. Each user is allowed to vote for one nominee only.

3. Besides voting, you must include a good reason why you think that person deserves to be an administrator, put it in a way that can be explainable even to someone who has never been around because I don't really know much about the users and many of the users I might have known got username changes.

4. I might REFUSE the reason and essentially the vote; remember it's not a popularity contest, don't vote just because you know that person.

Candidates:

• Sam [8]
  • BiteTheDust
  • Bronze [3]
  • KingdomDarkii
  • Maria [3]
  • Hellopayton
  • Robo
  • Brian [1]

I am going on vacation soon, so let's get this done as soon as possible please.

Last edited by Admin on June 24th 2011, 1:38 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Asho
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
Asho

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 3:50 pm

I vote for Brian, he must have a good experience about being an admin, I couldn't choose between either Bronze or Brian, but I think Brian deserves to be the new administrator. I can't remember Bronze very much as I left CPP, but I've seen Brian and the forum was good in the meantime.
If Brian was inactive or don't want the position then I vote for Bronze.
Back to top Go down
jamesmax01
Lurker
Lurker
jamesmax01

Registration date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 3:51 pm

Can I be a nominee
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 3:54 pm

Asho wrote:
I vote for Brian, he must have a good experience about being an admin, I couldn't choose between either Bronze or Brian, but I think Brian deserves to be the new administrator. I can't remember Bronze very much as I left CPP, but I've seen Brian and the forum was good in the meantime.

I can't really accept your vote, you haven't stated who you really think should be an administrator, I already stated that you have to give your reason and put it in a way that someone who has never been around can understand, and your reason isn't supporting your vote.

Every single one of the nominees have experience so that doesn't count, please rewrite your reason.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 3:55 pm

You seem to be implying that you're only instating one new staff member? I don't think one guy/ girl can sort an entire forum out alone.
And no, Big Sb isn't going to help.

There are too many good users on that list.
However, I have to recommend Sam. If he hadn't had such interest in this place, I would have simply forgotten about the forum.
He raised the alarm, rallied the troops (so to speak) and got us behind the forum again. I owe that to him.

And Dark, thanks for understanding our concerns. You know very little about a lot of us, yet it's good to see you're willing to trust us.
Back to top Go down
Asho
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
Asho

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 4:05 pm

Admin wrote:
Asho wrote:

I can't really accept your vote, you haven't stated who you really think should be an administrator, I already stated that you have to give your reason and put it in a way that someone who has never been around can understand, and your reason isn't supporting your vote.

Every single one of the nominees have experience so that doesn't count, please rewrite your reason.

Well I don't know really why I voted for Brian, and can't say why, but in that case I agree with Bronze, in all the new threads Sam seemed to be serious and really wants to bring this place alive again, he is the only one who I've seen to care this much about the forums from the ones I know, so I vote for Sam.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 4:12 pm

Bronze wrote:
You seem to be implying that you're only instating one new staff member? I don't think one guy/ girl can sort an entire forum out alone.

However, I have to recommend Sam. If he hadn't had such interest in this place, I would have simply forgotten about the forum.
He raised the alarm, rallied the troops (so to speak) and got us behind the forum again. I owe that to him.

And Dark, thanks for understanding our concerns. You know very little about a lot of us, yet it's good to see you're willing to trust us.

Where did you get that idea from, the number of administrators is going to be decided relying on the number of votes each nominee gets, I think I have covered that in my previous thread.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 4:19 pm

Asho wrote:
Admin wrote:
Asho wrote:

Well I don't know really why I voted for Brian, and can't say why, but in that case I agree with Bronze, in all the new threads Sam seemed to be serious and really wants to bring this place alive again, he is the only one who I've seen to care this much about the forums from the ones I know, so I vote for Sam.

Okay fine I will get that vote added.

@Bronze, Big sb may not be able to administrate the whole CPP by himself but he has done well actually, when you come to think about it he managed to get CPP at a bit active all by himself and I don't really say that what he did is right when he didn't choose new staff which was the main reason why CPP got even more inactive besides Big Sb always helped with themes which is a very important thing to keep the forums active the past few years, so no one said that its going to be one person who will be made into an administrator and no one said that big sb is going to be remove from the admin list.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 4:30 pm

If it isn't to much of a question, may I be apart of the staff vote? I can help get this forum back into place or help, preferably be a moderator or such. But my vote goes to Bronze. I have mixed feelings for him but the pros out show the cons.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 4:34 pm

Kaka wrote:
If it isn't to much of a question, may I be apart of the staff vote? I can help get this forum back into place or help, preferably be a moderator or such. But my vote goes to Bronze. I have mixed feelings for him but the pros out show the cons.

Sorry no one nominated you, besides if you want to be a moderator that will be decided by the new administrators not me.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 4:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Bronze wrote:

Where did you get that idea from, the number of administrators is going to be decided relying on the number of votes each nominee gets, I think I have covered that in my previous thread.

Think of it this way, Dark: We don't have many active users. With that in mind, and with the one-vote-per-person restriction, we'll end up either spreading ourselves too thinly and the votes will be too scattered to decide (each nominee ends up with 1 or two votes), or one person will end up getting the majority of votes, with the other nominees getting none. All in all, we'll run out of people.

Scenario 1:
Sam [1]
BiteTheDust [1]
Bronze [1]
KingdomDarkii [1]
Maria [1]
Hellopayton [1]
Robo [1]
Brian [1]

Scenario 2:
Sam [2]
BiteTheDust [1]
Bronze [1]
KingdomDarkii [1]
Maria [1]
Hellopayton [1]
Robo [1]
Brian [1]

What you probably had in mind:

Sam [5]
BiteTheDust [5]
Bronze [1]
KingdomDarkii [0]
Maria [2]
Hellopayton [5]
Robo [3]
Brian [2]

The first scenario would make it a bit hard to break the tie, and we just couldn't do with the second scenario since the forum needs at least three new admins.

You can either make two polls, keep the restriction. Or make it two-votes-per-person. Both much safer and reliable methods.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 4:39 pm

Admin wrote:
Asho wrote:
Admin wrote:
Asho wrote:

Okay fine I will get that vote added.

@Bronze, Big sb may not be able to administrate the whole CPP by himself but he has done well actually, when you come to think about it he managed to get CPP at a bit active all by himself and I don't really say that what he did is right when he didn't choose new staff which was the main reason why CPP got even more inactive besides Big Sb always helped with themes which is a very important thing to keep the forums active the past few years, so no one said that its going to be one person who will be made into an administrator and no one said that big sb is going to be remove from the admin list.

It was just the way you phrased the first line. I didn't quite get it from your angle.

And I would say the reason CPP is active now is in response to Sb's inactivity, not as a result of his actions.
If you could go back to the start of the year, when me and Brian resigned for the school examination period, the forum entered a metaphorical coma.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 4:41 pm

Maria wrote:
Admin wrote:
Bronze wrote:

Think of it this way, Dark: We don't have many active users. With that in mind, and with the one-vote-per-person restriction, we'll end up either spreading ourselves too thinly and the votes will be too scattered to decide (each nominee ends up with 1 or two votes), or one person will end up getting the majority of votes, with the other nominees getting none. All in all, we'll run out of people.

Scenario 1:
Sam [1]
BiteTheDust [1]
Bronze [1]
KingdomDarkii [1]
Maria [1]
Hellopayton [1]
Robo [1]
Brian [1]

Scenario 2:
Sam [2]
BiteTheDust [1]
Bronze [1]
KingdomDarkii [1]
Maria [1]
Hellopayton [1]
Robo [1]
Brian [1]

What you probably had in mind:

Sam [5]
BiteTheDust [5]
Bronze [1]
KingdomDarkii [0]
Maria [2]
Hellopayton [5]
Robo [3]
Brian [2]

The first scenario would make it a bit hard to break the tie, and we just couldn't do with the second scenario since the forum needs at least three new admins.

You can either make two polls, keep the restriction. Or make it two-votes-per-person. Both much safer and reliable methods.

I will wait until we make it to the "third scenario", I am sure we will reach that point in a few days, I emailed everyone about this, plus from what I can see that last poll had 17 votes so that can really work, instead of making scenarios help out by voting for someone to get this done as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Chai
Vagabond
Vagabond
Chai

Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 4:43 pm

Uhm.
I vote for Maria because she's the only person I've gotten to know a little bit since I joined. She seems to be on daily, and she also seems mature and responsible. I think she could handle this site well.

-nyanyanyan
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 5:03 pm

Maria.

Bronze.

I give no reason. I need no reason.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 5:07 pm

Chai wrote:
Uhm.
I vote for Maria because she's the only person I've gotten to know a little bit since I joined. She seems to be on daily, and she also seems mature and responsible. I think she could handle this site well.

-nyanyanyan

That's not really a reason, you are voting for her because you know her? Everyone is actually active (the ones on the list) and has experience so that can't be a reason actually.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 5:08 pm

Kyuu wrote:
Maria.

Bronze.

I give no reason. I need no reason.

Pick one along with a reason.
Back to top Go down
Chai
Vagabond
Vagabond
Chai

Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 5:10 pm

Admin wrote:
Chai wrote:
Uhm.

-nyanyanyan

That's not really a reason, you are voting for her because you know her? Everyone is actually active (the ones on the list) and has experience so that can't be a reason actually.

Oh. Well, if you know that "everyone" is quite active, and that "everyone" has experience, why don't you pick someone yourself? Like I said on another thread, this is a popularity contest.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 5:41 pm

I will vote for Sam. I think he's the reason we're even at this point of possibly bringing a forum back together.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 5:46 pm

I vote for Samuel. Because he cares about this place and I think it's his time since hes been here since the beginning.

Last edited by Mike on June 22nd 2011, 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 5:48 pm

Chai wrote:
Admin wrote:
Chai wrote:
Uhm.

-nyanyanyan

Oh. Well, if you know that "everyone" is quite active, and that "everyone" has experience, why don't you pick someone yourself? Like I said on another thread, this is a popularity contest.

Cause I haven't been here for a while, I will add the vote anyway.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 5:49 pm

Updated.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 5:50 pm

Maria because of my experience working with her, she's capable of leading this forum in the right direction and she more than capable of keeping it safe. She's unbiased, and is not easily deterred. She's active and can start discussions and has the potential to awake this place out of it's more inactive phases.

Further more, with recreating this forum she has experience in that as well. Experience in the ACP and experience chopping your dick off.

Yes, Sam is the one who started this. Does that mean he should get the keys to this place? Not at all.

Yes, Ford was the one who started the idea of automobiles. Does that mean his was the best? Not at all.

When it comes to being an admin, Maria outbests Sam in every category. That's not my opinion, it's a fact. I've seen how Maria leads as a user and it can go toe to toe on how Sam leads as an Admin.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 6:14 pm

Ok vote added.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyJune 22nd 2011, 6:29 pm

Kyuu wrote:

Yes, Sam is the one who started this. Does that mean he should get the keys to this place? Not at all.

Gotta agree here. He does a lot of credit for it, and I would vote him a moderator right away, but as far as Admin I don't believe he is the best choice. I am not saying he couldn't do the job of Admin I'm saying in a one vote scenario I can't vote him.

My vote has to go to Bronze. I can remember a few months back, the forums was at the brink of disaster. The forum community had much problems with the staff at the time and rightfully so. In my opinion (not just now back then as well) that it was indeed bronze who was keeping the forums afloat. (perhaps not on his own but he was a huge part of it). I think he would make a fine Admin.

There are several great candidates on this list, but I must go with Bronze.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)   Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING) Empty

Back to top Go down

Voting (READ BEFORE POSTING)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next