Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changing the Topic Poll

Go down 
+3
Creeper
Brennan
Skyward Sam
7 posters

Should the Topic Change?
Yes
Changing the Topic Poll Bar_left91%Changing the Topic Poll Bar_right
 91% [ 10 ]
No
Changing the Topic Poll Bar_left9%Changing the Topic Poll Bar_right
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

Changing the Topic Poll Empty
PostSubject: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 12:44 am

As most of you know, there has been heavy consideration regarding changing the forum's topic into something else. A lot of users have gotten together and decided that Console and Online Gaming would be a topic to heavily consider. Nothing is set in stone obviously, but Dark asked me to ask you all what you think about changing the topic one final time. So I'm giving you two simple options as to whether you would like to stay on the Club Penguin topic or switch to a different one. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 12:49 am

I feel like a forum change is needed. I mean look at it now, there are enough people online at a time but no one is posting. The only people who come on are old forum members who don't care about Club Penguin anymore.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 1:25 am

The conditions required for this forum to stay the same while becoming more active are impossible to get with our current user base. It is seriously time for a change.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 1:38 am

It would be kinda sad to see the name change after over 3 years of this but if you have to then you have to.

I'm still not sure if that would really do THAT much to make it active tho. It's pretty risky because remember everything here worked out great in the past and it probably could happen again without making too many huge changes.

I really dont know I'm undecided.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 1:49 am

Goobenheimer wrote:
It would be kinda sad to see the name change after over 3 years of this but if you have to then you have to.

I'm still not sure if that would really do THAT much to make it active tho. It's pretty risky because remember everything here worked out great in the past and it probably could happen again without making too many huge changes.

While it is risky, it is likely that sticking with Club Penguin will not help. The current userbase of Club Penguin is much different than it used to be. Most of the users who join this forum these days probably do not even know what a forum is or how to use it. If they figure out how to post, they never read the rules, which ends up being a problem. In the end, they end up disappearing within days and the cycle repeats.

Basically, the current kids that play Club Penguin are not the forum type. Dock Penguins also lost activity because of this.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 1:56 am

Brian wrote:
Goobenheimer wrote:

While it is risky, it is likely that sticking with Club Penguin will not help. The current userbase of Club Penguin is much different than it used to be. Most of the users who join this forum these days probably do not even know what a forum is or how to use it. If they figure out how to post, they never read the rules, which ends up being a problem. In the end, they end up disappearing within days and the cycle repeats.

Basically, the current kids that play Club Penguin are not the forum type. Dock Penguins also lost activity because of this.

I agree the days of Club Penguin forums are pretty much over. The average age of Club Penguin players is much younger than it use to be. I feel we should respect the fact that this was once a Club Penguin Forum, but it just can't be the main topic.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 1:57 am

Brian wrote:
Goobenheimer wrote:

Yeah that makes sense.

This is just an idea but In my other thread I suggested just dropping Club Penguin out the name and call it "The Planet" or something like that. You can still keep the name we started with, it can still appeal to people that play CP by keeping the CP subforums, and you can expand the other subforums and make it a forum about everything. You could advertise it anywhere. You could still call it a Club Penguin Forum if you were advertising it to people that play CP or advertise it as a gaming forum if you were advertising it to gamers.

I just thought of that now so I have no idea if it would actually work but its just an idea...

I'm sure if I thought this through more I could think of a ton more ideas to add on to that but its kinda late and im tired haha.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Admin

Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 2:02 am

Goobenheimer wrote:
Brian wrote:
Goobenheimer wrote:

Yeah that makes sense.

This is just an idea but In my other thread I suggested just dropping Club Penguin out the name and call it "The Planet" or something like that. You can still keep the name we started with, it can still appeal to people that play CP by keeping the CP subforums, and you can expand the other subforums and make it a forum about everything. You could advertise it anywhere. You could still call it a Club Penguin Forum if you were advertising it to people that play CP or advertise it as a gaming forum if you were advertising it to gamers.

I just thought of that now so I have no idea if it would actually work but its just an idea...

I'm sure if I thought this through more I could think of a ton more ideas to add on to that but its kinda late and im tired haha.

I agree with the planet part.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 2:04 am

The planet part wouldn't work. It's too unoriginal and is too vague. General forums die, and with the ideas that a lot of us are currently talking about, we could make a forum that's really popular.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 2:07 am

Colonel Sam wrote:
The planet part wouldn't work. It's too unoriginal and is too vague. General forums die, and with the ideas that a lot of us are currently talking about, we could make a forum that's really popular.
Yeah thats true but I mean you can still advertise it as a gaming forum, a club penguin forum, or anything you want. It really just depends on how you advertise it. But yeah you probably could with your ideas. I was just giving an idea on how you could change the topic and not change it at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 2:08 am

The Gaming Planet? (or change gaming to anything else we could change the topic to)
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 2:20 am

From the conversations I have been in, we will probably go into a gaming type of thing. That would be good name, or gaming galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 2:21 am

Gaming Galaxy... that is catchy
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 9:17 am

Brennan wrote:
If you ask me, it sounds a bit tacky. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Sam will be making another poll with all the suggested names soon.

I'm all for the topic change, if that wasn't obvious enough.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 10:59 am

What my fear I have though of this is how and where are we going to get new users that are appealed by the gamin forum types. I know it might be good to want to target the age appropriate aduience fore the forum which would be the teenager age group or young adult group. And if we do change, it might be a good idea to have a redirect link to the new forum.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 11:24 am

Kaka wrote:
What my fear I have though of this is how and where are we going to get new users that are appealed by the gamin forum types. I know it might be good to want to target the age appropriate aduience fore the forum which would be the teenager age group or young adult group. And if we do change, it might be a good idea to have a redirect link to the new forum.

YouTube... Twitter... I have a checklist of a bunch of ideas people have come up with and when the time is right I'll post it.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 2:16 pm

Sorry about my use of wording. I was typing it fast because I had to do afew things so whenever I do that it is because im groggy or typing fast. And yes all the social network sites as well... though I would hold of on pages such as facebook because that would just be something as a update kind of thing or when we already have it going.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll EmptyJune 24th 2011, 3:09 pm

Maria wrote:
Brennan wrote:
If you ask me, it sounds a bit tacky. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Sam will be making another poll with all the suggested names soon.

I'm all for the topic change, if that wasn't obvious enough.

Fair enough.

So we are set on gaming then? It seems like most people are on board with that, but are we at the point of skipping a topic poll? I am hoping that's the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Topic Poll   Changing the Topic Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing the Topic Poll
Page 1 of 1