Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review Empty
PostSubject: Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review   Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 12:29 am

So I've decided to make a little review on what I consider the best Wii game out there right now. The fact that it was the Wii's launch title is pretty sad that it's the best thing it's produced, but it's one hell of a game and you should definitely try it.

Story
A young man named Link awakes to yelling outside of his house in a village named Ordon. He peers outside and finds a man calling him to come down. The man is the town rancher and asks Link to herd some goats for him. Link completes the task and is asked to find the mayor's daughter, Ilia, who is washing Link's horse, Epona, at the spring. Ilia tells Link that she has heard he is going to travel to Hyrule Castle Town with the town leader named Russel. Link then goes back to his house and a night passes. The next morning, Link is asked to test his swordmanship and aiming with his slingshot to impress the children of the town. Link does just that and the kids are in awe of Link's ability. A monkey appears in front of the children carrying something Russel's son, Colin, owns. Colin goes chasing after him and doesn't return. Link is asked to go across the bridge seperating the town from the forest to find Colin. He finds him, and returns to Ordon. Link then goes with Ilia to the spring and a huge rumbling occurs. Out of nowhere, a huge ogre on a giant boar comes in and knocks Link out, kidnapping Ilia. Link awakes to find that all the kids have been kidnapped and a strange aura is surrounding the forest beyond the bridge. Link goes across the bridge and is taken in by a giant hand. Link gets up inside a dark and desolate area. As soon as he recognizes it is the forest, he is transformed into a wolf. He fights two creatures but is knocked out and taken to a jail cell. Once in the jail cell, a strange imp named Midna taunts his misfortune. Link (still in wolf form) escapes the cell and is accompanied by Midna through the sewer system of wherever he is located. Link learns that a great power has taken over the land of Hyrule and the land is now covered in twilight, causing him to turn into a wolf. Midna and Link navgate their way through the sewer system and find that they are actually in the underlings of Hyrule Castle, which is now covered in Twilight. Link then follows Midna across the roof of the castle to a little corridor in which they find an open door. Upon entering, Link and Midna see the figure of a cloaked person standing by the window. The figure starts talking to Link, telling him that they sense a connection between them. The cloaked figure unmasks themself and turns around, revealing themself to be Princess Zelda. Princess Zelda pleads for Link's help to travel throughout Hyrule and vanquish the evil that has come upon the land. She tells Link of a man named Zant who is the cause of all this destruction and the twilight. From there, Link makes his way back to Ordon and the story takes true form.

Gameplay
The gameplay for this game is actually pretty simple. You use the wiimote to swing your sword and you use the sensor on the wiimote to aim arrows, your slingshot, etc. Running is down with the analog stick on the nunchuck, and your items are stowed inside your item gallery where 3 items can be placed on the d-pad of the WiiMote at a time for use. Doing just the story, the game will probably take you 20-30 hours but completeing all the sidequests will take you an upwards of 80 hours.

Graphics
The graphics are pretty solid for it's time. There are a bit of iffy textures here and there but the large world is just beautiful and at nightime the stars are actually in correct places that they are in reality, and you can even spot constellations.

Music
The music is this game is MIDI, but I find it to be very beautiful. A lot of the music has a somber tone since this is one of the darkest Zelda games aside from Majora's Mask. The music really sets the mood and is beautifully done.

Overall this is a very good game and one of my all time favorites. The large land of Hyrule is beautifully done and is the biggest Zelda game to date. The story is beautifully written and the music is great as well. I would definitely play this game if you get the chance, because I believe it is the best Wii game out there and one of the best games out there hands down.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review   Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 12:35 am

That was a very well written review, it's good you didn't spoil the end too, haha.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review   Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 12:36 am

I gave up on the game when I got stuck in the first dungeon. Blasted monkeys.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review   Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 12:37 am

I didn't even get close to the end. What I revealed is probably 1/100th of the story if that and is pretty much just the "tutorial time" of the game.

Maria, you should definitely pick it up and try again, ask for help if you need it.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review   Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 4:41 pm

I especially love the twist of turning into a wolf and being able to ride a horse, that is pretty awsome along with the monsters.
Back to top Go down
Ranmaruhime
Vagabond
Vagabond
Ranmaruhime

Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review   Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 2:03 pm

Stallord is the best boss hands down.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review   Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 2:22 pm

He was pretty fun. I prefer the Ganondorf fights though. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review   Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Zelda: Twilight Princess Game Review
Page 1 of 1