Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News: PSN Pass

Go down 
+3
Mike
xXD34thXD3alrXx
Digit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

News: PSN Pass Empty
PostSubject: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 11:08 am

Well, about a week ago, Sony gave an official statement to a gaming website that they are going to start using a Pass in order for users to play certain used games that have Multiplayer such as COD and Battlefield. This means that if your friends lets you borrow MW2, you have to pay $15 or so to play multiplayer in that game, this amount of money is not official but they the news that they are going to go through with this rule.

In my view, if Sony really does go through with this, they screwed up big time. It's another foolish attempt to gain money back from the hacking. And if you guys didn't know, Sony's Playstation Network had gotten hacked and shutdown for awhile, causing Sony to lose millions of dollars. The games that are likely to get 'passed' are COD titles and Battlefield titles or big multi-platform games. Now not only will this affect how consumers and fanboys think of Playstation and Sony, it gives Xbox another thing to laugh at us for. Gamestop and other big used game retailers are going to get blown away with this, but I'm not sure how, so this concludes that it may be better just to buy new game titles. So sorry for the bad news guys...

A picture of what the pass may look like:

News: PSN Pass Xlarge_psn_pass_logo
Back to top Go down
xXD34thXD3alrXx
Mercenary
Mercenary
xXD34thXD3alrXx

Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 11:18 am

Ha ha ha! Sucks for Sony fanboys!
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 4:49 pm

Your expected response.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 4:51 pm

Read about this, thats just another reason for me to get into Ps3 multiplayer again.
Back to top Go down
Arbiter
Adventurer
Adventurer
Arbiter

Registration date : 2010-09-28

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 4:54 pm

Digit wrote:
Well, about a week ago, Sony gave an official statement to a gaming website that they are going to start using a Pass in order for users to play certain used games that have Multiplayer such as COD and Battlefield. This means that if your friends lets you borrow MW2, you have to pay $15 or so to play multiplayer in that game, this amount of money is not official but they the news that they are going to go through with this rule.

In my view, if Sony really does go through with this, they screwed up big time. It's another foolish attempt to gain money back from the hacking. And if you guys didn't know, Sony's Playstation Network had gotten hacked and shutdown for awhile, causing Sony to lose millions of dollars. The games that are likely to get 'passed' are COD titles and Battlefield titles or big multi-platform games. Now not only will this affect how consumers and fanboys think of Playstation and Sony, it gives Xbox another thing to laugh at us for. Gamestop and other big used game retailers are going to get blown away with this, but I'm not sure how, so this concludes that it may be better just to buy new game titles. So sorry for the bad news guys...

A picture of what the pass may look like:

News: PSN Pass Xlarge_psn_pass_logo

Sorry to hear that.
But what would you expect with free online gaming?

Xbox live is more secure from hacks.
And who would want to hack the wii network?
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 12th 2011, 12:03 am

This isn't anything too important. I'm pretty sure a couple games already have done it, not just on PSN. Homefront maybe sales an online pass? And Medal of Honor? I don't know, but I know I've seen them for sure.

Quote :
Game makers love stores like GameStop because – duh! – the stores sell their games. There's one thing game makers don't like so much about Gamestop, though; the stores often sell the games used. Second-hand sales are great for cash-deficient everyman gamers who can't afford a $60 diversion, but buying a used game denies the original manufacturer a slice of the profit pie. Sony's new "PSN Pass" program is geared towards milking more moolah out of used and rental games, placing the company alongside EA and THQ at the forefront of the used-games war.

This is not big ammo that would win any console wars. Buy the full game, you get full access. Buy a used game, and if they've used their code, then you must just buy a code to play that game online.

This is only for Online play.
This will not affect any of your older games.
This is only a matter for used games.

I always buy new myself anyway because I like new. I know it's a good copy and everything will work perfect. I especially love opening a new game, cutting the plastic off is so awesome.

And by the way, this will 'start' in September. First game to use a PSN Pass will be Resistance 3.

------------------
Unless you buy used games often, don't sweat it.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 15th 2011, 4:19 am

I'm just concerned how Gamestop is going to go through this, I know they sell new games but I'm sure used ones are apart of their big retail.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 15th 2011, 8:24 am

No, not like Xbox Live! Nevahr! Seriously, though, this is going to be bad.
Back to top Go down
Arbiter
Adventurer
Adventurer
Arbiter

Registration date : 2010-09-28

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 15th 2011, 9:02 am

Chub 777 wrote:

Looks like it's one point down for the PS3.

@digit, I'm sure they'll have passes for like $10-$50 depending on how much games you want to play online.
I'm also sure that they'll have a sale when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 15th 2011, 1:50 pm

Arbiter wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:

Looks like it's one point down for the PS3.

@digit, I'm sure they'll have passes for like $10-$50 depending on how much games you want to play online.
I'm also sure that they'll have a sale when it comes out.
10$ at the most, 50 is just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 15th 2011, 5:13 pm

The 360 is going to use this as a way to humiliate us huh? Did they forget the monthly price they need to pay just to play multiplayer at all? We pay 5-15 dollars to play a used game and we only pay once. Well, laugh if you want. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Sony probably will not go with it anyway. I know they said they did, but they also said the PSN would only be down for 5 days tops. And plus this will really fuck up retailer like Gamespot, or rental services like Blockbuster and Gamefly. Doing this will but the middle finger up the ass of Sony's closest associates. What would happen if Gamespot stopped selling PS3 used games? Sony will lose money.

Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 15th 2011, 6:14 pm

Everybody should just buy new games and stop giving all there money to JUST Gamestop. The developers deserve the money that I use to buy there games not some multi billion dollar company thats based off lies and scams. Good for Sony I love this idea.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 1:11 am

Oh and you must realize guys, 15 dollars tops. Black Ops is 60 dollars, so a used copy is average 30 dollars. Now it's 45 to play multiplayer. And 15 is the max, it could be as low as 5 or 10. You still say, but the publishers get their money.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 3:40 pm

That IS all this is, a way for the developers to get their money still. For a used copy, you are getting the same game and in most cases in great condition.

GameStop will not stop selling games. This won't change all that much and Xbox has Nothing to brag about.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 9:27 pm

Kyuu wrote:
Oh and you must realize guys, 15 dollars tops. Black Ops is 60 dollars, so a used copy is average 30 dollars. Now it's 45 to play multiplayer. And 15 is the max, it could be as low as 5 or 10. You still say, but the publishers get their money.

How can Black Ops be 60 in the maximum is 15? eek
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 10:29 pm

Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

How can Black Ops be 60 in the maximum is 15? eek
Full, new, game price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News: PSN Pass   News: PSN Pass Empty

Back to top Go down

News: PSN Pass
Page 1 of 1