Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE Empty
PostSubject: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 10:34 pm

I need a new freaking computer.

One that can play games like Team Fortress 2, Shogun 2, and Battlefield flawlessly. My budget is $500.

I'm thinking on getting a HP Pavilion with a Quad Core AMD Athlon Processor, some kind of HD Radeon graphics card, 5 gigs of RAM, and 750 GB of Memory. Is that enough to handle TF2 Shogun and Battlefield?

Please tell me it is. Please.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

Registration date : 2008-06-16

Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 10:36 pm

You could always check Ebay for a used one, my friend did that with pretty good results.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 10:37 pm

Brennan wrote:
You could always check Ebay for a used one, my friend did that with pretty good results.

LINKS!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 10:41 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Lenovo-Ideapad-S205-11-6-Laptop-750GB-4GB-BT-HDMI-/290585874666?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item43a84490ea

Found that after like 3 minutes of searching. Didn't really look into it much but i'm sure if you look you could find better ones.

edit: yeah never mind that one. I couldn't tell you what he bought it was a while ago, I'll ask him about.

Last edited by Brennan on July 11th 2011, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 10:45 pm

11.6"

Lol
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 10:47 pm

Kyuu wrote:
11.6"

Lol

I read the 750 GB and stopped lol
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 10:48 pm

I'm looking for a desktop tower, btw.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 10:57 pm

Well regardless off my stupid link above lol, Ebay might be a good way to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 12th 2011, 3:48 pm

Kyuu wrote:
I need a new freaking computer.

One that can play games like Team Fortress 2, Shogun 2, and Battlefield flawlessly. My budget is $500.

I'm thinking on getting a HP Pavilion with a Quad Core AMD Athlon Processor, some kind of HD Radeon graphics card, 5 gigs of RAM, and 750 GB of Memory. Is that enough to handle TF2 Shogun and Battlefield?

Please tell me it is. Please.

First off, don't waste your money on more than 4+ gigs of RAM. If it's just for gaming, you don't need more than four. The only time you'll really use all of it is if your professional doing extensive mulitaksing, video editing, and the likes. You just saved about $50 there.

Secondly, build your own computer. With 500$, you can build a mid-teir gaming pc. IT will play everything, but no everything on high/max. You should be getting 50-60 fps on most games, not including "crisis like" games (for about 40 dollars more you can build an ever better one). It's cheaper, and with 500 bucks, you go a lot further than a pre-built or a laptop. You can get your parts cheap from newegg.com, and you can view tutorials on youtube on how to put it together. I can help you build a cart if you want with your budget. We can get together sometime and talk about this. Do you already have all the peripherals? BigGrin
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 12th 2011, 4:42 pm

You will not be able to run BFBC2 on any build for 500$.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 12th 2011, 4:46 pm

@ Josh I'm not going to be building my computer myself, however sites like iBUYPower build the PC for you, you pick out the compatible parts, which I think I may do. If you can help me with that pm me.

@Mike

You know what? Battlefield was going to be a bonus, I never expected that anyway. Also, the computer I listed in the OP. will it handle TF2? Shogun 2 Total War is a pretty heavy game as well, it's not like Crysis or Battlefield, it's more like Assasins Creed heavy.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 12th 2011, 5:58 pm

Kyuu wrote:
@ Josh I'm not going to be building my computer myself, however sites like iBUYPower build the PC for you, you pick out the compatible parts, which I think I may do. If you can help me with that pm me.

@Mike

You know what? Battlefield was going to be a bonus, I never expected that anyway. Also, the computer I listed in the OP. will it handle TF2? Shogun 2 Total War is a pretty heavy game as well, it's not like Crysis or Battlefield, it's more like Assasins Creed heavy.
Oh ya for sure. And ya Battlefield would have cost you a few extra bucks.
Back to top Go down
Seany
Drifter
Drifter
Seany

Registration date : 2011-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE EmptyJuly 13th 2011, 11:33 pm

You probably wont be able to get a $500 PC that can run battlefield. I would move your budget to around $700

- Cyberpowerpc.com is a great website if your looking to buy a PC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE   Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have an affordable gaming computer that can play TF2/ Total War perfectly? SHARE HERE
Page 1 of 1