Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory

Go down 
+9
Name
Adsertif.
Waddle50008
KingdomDarkII
Snowball423
Triton
iWaddle
cardboy9kingjaron
CrazyCatoon
13 posters
AuthorMessage
CrazyCatoon
Super-Human
Super-Human
CrazyCatoon

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory Empty
PostSubject: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 6:57 pm

Say, in the future, time machines are invented.

Now, say, you went back in time, millions of years ago, and destroyed the first signs of human life.

What would happen?

Now, you may say that humans would never have existed. However, that means that you, from the future, can't come down to destroy it, meaning that it never would have been destroyed, so it existed. But then, you came down from the future and killed it all.

Let's see you break out of that circle :P
Back to top Go down
cardboy9kingjaron
Lurker
Lurker
cardboy9kingjaron

Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 6:59 pm

confusing lol :)
Back to top Go down
iWaddle
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
iWaddle

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 7:01 pm

I have absolutely no clue what you just said! :D
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 7:02 pm

lol you got me im stumped :S . The only answer I can come up with is I dont think we will ever invent one of those before Jesus comes back.
Back to top Go down
Snowball423
Vanguard
Vanguard
Snowball423

Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 7:02 pm

Well, I doubt time machines will be able to go back to the first sign of humans, because the information for that certain time is gone, and would have to be kept somewhere like a time machine, which wouldn't be possible, because we don't have the information.

Let's just say they could. I don't think that killing all humans would affect you because your in a different dimension if your time traveling. It would kill everyone from that point on, but you are safe because you are back in time. It's confusing, though :P

Last edited by Costume King on July 16th 2008, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 7:10 pm

It's impossible.
You can't change the past because that already happened. It's hard to explain but I'll try my best...

You can't change the past. It's impossible. It WOULDN'T change the future because it happened in the past because you already did it. It already happened. It already affected the future. It's impossible.
Back to top Go down
Waddle50008
Super-Human
Super-Human
Waddle50008

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 7:17 pm

(@Costume King) That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard someone say. You think a 'time machine' can go back to a certain time if it has information for that time in it? That would not be how it'd work if time travel were possible.

1. Time machines haven't, don't, and will never exist, they are only a fantasy conceived by blabbering idiots that don't know crap about science and physics. Even if time travel was possible, it would take an unimaginably large source of energy to power just one (e. g. the energy given off by 100 atomic bombs)

2. You can use simple logic to confirm that time travel will never be possible. Here's how:

Since Time Machines don't exist now, they would have to be invented in the future. Knowing the human race, someone would get their hands on one and go back in time to destroy the human race. If that were to ever happen, we wouldn't exist. It goes into the whole space-time continuum thing. If they destroyed humans, the human race would stop there, and wouldn't continue on to us.
Back to top Go down
Snowball423
Vanguard
Vanguard
Snowball423

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 7:21 pm

Nevermind, you don't understand what I'm trying to say. I'm not talking about the "information", I'm saying that time is not like a path, you can't go back no matter how much energy you have. That time period is lost...do you understand what I'm trying to say, Waddle?

Last edited by Costume King on July 16th 2008, 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 7:22 pm

Waddle50008 wrote:

1. Time machines haven't, don't, and will never exist, they are only a fantasy conceived by blabbering idiots that don't know crap about science and physics. Even if time travel was possible, it would take an unimaginably large source of energy to power just one (e. g. the energy given off by 100 atomic bombs)

Time machines could exist. But, like you said, they would need thing's that may not exist. Their is a theory that say's you need a pole, million's of miles wide, to start spinning the speed of light, and it has to be 10x denser than the sun, to travel back in time. Or just go faster than the speed of light (which is impossible) to go back in time.
Not gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Waddle50008
Super-Human
Super-Human
Waddle50008

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 7:50 pm

Actually, black holes yield that kind of energy. The centers of black holes are millions of times denser than the sun (BTW, the sun won't exist forever, so that should really not be our biggest reference point) and they have gravity that is powerful enough to withstand the escape velocity of light. At the event horizon of a black hole (not large compared to the whole black hole), the gravity is weak enough for light to escape. Black holes can be 50 feet wide, 1 mile wide, or 1 trillion miles wide.

What I really want to see it what happens when a couple of atomic bombs are detonated at the center of an atomic bomb. The light can't escape, so it would look spectacular. You would literally see the light getting sucked into the black hole.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 8:04 pm

Waddle50008 wrote:
Actually, black holes yield that kind of energy. The centers of black holes are millions of times denser than the sun (BTW, the sun won't exist forever, so that should really not be our biggest reference point) and they have gravity that is powerful enough to withstand the escape velocity of light. At the event horizon of a black hole (not large compared to the whole black hole), the gravity is weak enough for light to escape. Black holes can be 50 feet wide, 1 mile wide, or 1 trillion miles wide.

What I really want to see it what happens when a couple of atomic bombs are detonated at the center of an atomic bomb. The light can't escape, so it would look spectacular. You would literally see the light getting sucked into the black hole.
You mean an atomic bomb detonated in a BLACK HOLE? It would look good, but it would probably be over so quickly, you wouldn't even see it.
Back to top Go down
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 9:25 pm

Good question, that is a brain buster.
Back to top Go down
Snowball423
Vanguard
Vanguard
Snowball423

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 9:27 pm

I think it would just become an endless cycle, because whenever you killed the first humans, your action would be undone, because you couldn't kill them if you don't exist.
Back to top Go down
Name
Exemplar
Exemplar
Name

Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 9:28 pm

well heres how it goes.

You go back in time,fix a mistake.Go back to the future...The mistake is fixed.
Back to top Go down
Snowball423
Vanguard
Vanguard
Snowball423

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 9:42 pm

That has nothing to do with the question, though :P
Back to top Go down
IAB
Forum Dweller
Forum Dweller
IAB

Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 10:48 pm

Hmm lemme see If you go back in time its done your back in time and You would have to do one thing first. Which is wipe out the first humans with that done first it then unravels so basically the future would be affected because the task was first you dont exist because you killed him first so basically when you kill the first life forms you die to but you would have to kill them first which is most likely going to happen I SOLVED IT I RULE! :D
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 16th 2008, 10:52 pm

Huh IAB? I don't get it???
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 17th 2008, 1:19 pm

I'm really getting confused. :?:
Back to top Go down
Mojo
Mercenary
Mercenary
Mojo

Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory EmptyJuly 17th 2008, 1:24 pm

I have no clue what ur talking about.

but if u went back in time wouldn't that mean you wouldn't get back to the future because back in time the time machine didn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory   Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you solve this? I can't :P - The Impossible Theory
Page 1 of 1