Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transfering Songs

Go down 
+2
AlterBlade
RTL
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-01-25

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:23 am

I just got a new computer and I was wondering if there was a way to transfer my songs from my Itunes on my old computer to the Itunes on my new computer. Some were purchased from Itunes and some were downloaded from Limewire. I dont care about the Limewire songs as much as the songs I purchased. I was just wondering if there was a way.
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:34 am

You need to burn all the songs onto a CD.Then put the CD in your new computer and I think it uploads onto it.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:35 am

If you have a flash stick or any type of memory card, you can just save it to that and then take all the songs from the card and import them to your new iTunes library.

Chao, you can't put all your songs onto a CD. There isn't enough space and it messes up all the song names.
Back to top Go down

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:40 am

Goobenheimer wrote:
If you have a flash stick or any type of memory card,

Like an SD card.
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:41 am

Okay. I have a memory card and I'll try that. Thanks. And Chao I have like 400 songs so I would have to make like 20 Cds. :face:
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:43 am

My dad has thousands of songs and it only took 3 CD's. :P
Back to top Go down

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:56 am

Aww, I thought this was going to turn out into a "CHAO JUST GOT PWNED" moment.

Anyway luck rtl
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 10:46 am

RTL wrote:
Okay. I have a memory card and I'll try that. Thanks. And Chao I have like 400 songs so I would have to make like 20 Cds. :face:

How much space does it hold?

400 songs might take a little over 1 GB.
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

Registration date : 2008-01-27

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 11:52 am

Download itunes on your new PC and authorize it for your account. Put the files on a CD or an ipod. (If they're on your ipod, its fine!) Plug your ipod into your new PC and sync. :)
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:21 pm

Wait so I can just plug my Ipod on to my new computer and all the songs will go on it?
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:25 pm

I believe, but you'll need to install iTunes first.I'm not sure I tried that way.
Back to top Go down
Devious Dale
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Devious Dale

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:40 pm

You could put them all on your iPod and sync your iPod with the computer and remove the songs you don't wish to have on there..
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 1:46 pm

Wait does your Ipod Sync as soon as you plug it in?
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 2:09 pm

The process will start immediately unless your iTunes asks you if you want to buy the newest version of iTunes(The newer the version the faster the iPod syncs) but your ipod will take awhile to sync depending on how many things you have stored on your ipod. (Such as songs, videos, pictures, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Devious Dale
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Devious Dale

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 2:19 pm

Flubby wrote:
The process will start immediately unless your iTunes asks you if you want to buy the newest version of iTunes(The newer the version the faster the iPod syncs) but your ipod will take awhile to sync depending on how many things you have stored on your ipod. (Such as songs, videos, pictures, etc.)

It may not show up in your synced iPod/iPhone's, but it does. Mines synced, but doesn't show up. No big deal.
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs EmptyJuly 20th 2008, 6:17 pm

Ok thanks. :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Transfering Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfering Songs   Transfering Songs Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfering Songs
Page 1 of 1