Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got The Match Winner!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
man101
Mercenary
Mercenary
man101

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Got The Match Winner! Empty
PostGot The Match Winner!

Well Today Was my big ice hockey final (Scottish Youth Insurance cup)
I usual Play keeper,but today my coach told me to play Left wing.
I was shocked but he reasured me by saying we need someone like me on the left wing. And he had faith
I Put on my new jersey and it felt weird having "Thompson" on the back of a jersey other than the keepers.
I Taped up my stick and we went into the tacticts room.
"Ok Boys today is the big day we are against Paisley Pirates U17's,they have won this Competition back to back for the last 3 years,but this is going to change today!,Now as you are all aware we are putting Dougie in Goalkeeper position and putting Thompson in Left wing this dosen't change anything tactics wise apart from we will have more strength upfront...." My coach said.
After another few minutes we had a quick huddle and went to the Entrance. I was filled with nerves as 2,520 people were set to attend. If i screwed up all of them would be there to see it.
As if i was under enough pressure for playing left wing i was gave the honour of being captain.
The lights dimmed in the arena and the crowd went silent. i will never forget this moment to come..
Only 2 spotlights slowly dancing there way around the ice was all i could see.
We got the cue and i led the team out as soon as i put my skate on the ice
Pyro technics exploded near me and the crowd went wild cheering and applauding. It was amazing to skate onto the ice in that atmosphere i will never forget that.
After a quick handshake with the Paisley pirate team players we got ready for the start.
I got in line and waited...the puck was dropped and Macintire (our player) won the face off knocking it back to Nicol he passed it up to me and i charged down the left wing.. i must of got abit carried away as i approached the goal and i didn't notice a 6'2 monster of a guy come into me from the right. He took me completley off my feet and i lost possesion.
It stayed Goal-less for 2 periods and comming into the last 8 minutes or so of play(3rd period) the worst possible thing for me happened. I got penalised for tripping ..2 minute sinbin.
Great! stuck in the penalty box watching as the Paisley Pirates charged down the centre..
those 2 minutes seemed to last forever but as i was released from the penalty box i looked up to the screen and saw 5:30 left..
Even after another good few minutes we were no closer to deciding the winner.
Then a spot of luck happened. Nicol launched the puck forward i latched onto it and took a Slapshot from a good distance out
I watched as it fizzed off the crosbar and into the crowd. It was so close but close isn't good enough in hockey
The buzzer sounded and we were physicaly and mentaly drained.
Our coach gave me a wink as we got ready for O.T i knew what i had to do.
Comming into the last 30 seconds of play i recived the puck i charged down the left wing and switched it into the middle where Macintyre was waiting he took a shot..the goalie saved but he didn't hold onto it .. i sweeped in and smashed it in.
The buzzer sounded and the crowd went wild!
all my team mates Piled me and congratulated me.
I done it. I won the game. We ended Paisley pirates 3 year run as champions.
I knew the celebrations would last long into the night.

I will never forget today and i don't think i will be playing goalkeeper again soon :D
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Got The Match Winner! :: Comments

Little Claus
Re: Got The Match Winner!
Post October 23rd 2008, 9:54 pm by Little Claus
cool moment
man101
Post October 24th 2008, 2:15 pm by man101
Thanks it was :)
JazzDawg
Post October 24th 2008, 8:13 pm by JazzDawg
Wow! Sounds awesome! You should be very proud of yourself. 8D
Cycle22
Post October 24th 2008, 8:26 pm by Cycle22
Wow thats great. Must have been so exciting after you scored that goal. Yeah I think playing left wing wouldn't hurt :P Great job.
Little Claus
Post October 24th 2008, 8:29 pm by Little Claus
that happened to me once
Post  by Sponsored content

Got The Match Winner!

Page 1 of 1