Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chief Spy
Sidekick
Sidekick
Chief Spy

Registration date : 2008-02-16

Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject Empty
PostSubject: Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject   Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject EmptyMarch 1st 2008, 4:56 pm

Alright guys, I'm sure many of you have seen my sketches, paintings, watercolors, etc. so I'm going to help you guys learn to draw realistic animals. :P I hope this is in the right section. This is Part 1 of a 10-part series on Sketching. yes, I'll do one on Watercolor, paintings, etc. After all 10 sections have been completed, I'll compile them all the lessons into one thread. Why? Cause I feel like it. And so you can get to all lessons through one thread.

Here's how this is gonna work. I'll give a lesson on an aspect of the topic, this time, Sketching, in 10 different threads. You guys can just read it, or you can show me what you are drawing/using/etc. and I'll give you tips on how to make it better. I'll also tell you what supplies I use. This is for ANIMALS ONLY because I am best at animals, and teaching about drawing humans would be WAY to hard to describe in 10 threads.

LESSON #1: CHOOSING A SUBJECT
Supplies:
-Pictures

For many of you, this is your first time sketching realistically, I'd think. Maybe not, but maybe so.

When choosing a subject for a beginning sketch, I'd suggest trying sketching from a picture. Drawing from a live subject is often too hard as the subject will most likely move.

I'd choose a subject who's looking to the side. It's generally easier to generate a realistic picture. The subject should have it's mouth closed, as mouths and teeth are very hard to draw, even for me.

The coloring shouldn't be too hard, neither should the shading. For example, a merle dog under a tree in a shadow is a HARD picture and shouldn't be for beginners. An almost completely black dog with a few white spots in a room is MUCH easier and is recommended.

Overall, just pick something you think you can draw. When sketching I will often pick something below my level so it will be easier to draw it realistically, it will be quicker, and won't stress me, as some of my year-long projects do.

If you've chosen a subject, and want my opinion on it, please show me the following:
Picture:
Your Drawing Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced):

And I'll give you tips on what to use.

I have some pictures people can use if they want.

I'd like to show you these step-by-step in terms of my own drawings, but my scanner is evidently not working so blah.

HAPPY SUBJECT CHOOSING! :)
Back to top Go down
Dave
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject   Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject EmptyMarch 1st 2008, 4:59 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
lookathis
Super-Human
Super-Human
lookathis

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject   Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject EmptyMarch 1st 2008, 5:04 pm

Now why do I have a feeling this will be sticked?
Back to top Go down
Chief Spy
Sidekick
Sidekick
Chief Spy

PostSubject: Re: Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject   Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject EmptyMarch 1st 2008, 5:04 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject   Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject EmptyMarch 1st 2008, 5:08 pm

nice.
lol it will be stickied, i hope
Back to top Go down
Chief Spy
Sidekick
Sidekick
Chief Spy

PostSubject: Re: Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject   Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject EmptyMarch 1st 2008, 5:14 pm

If it gets stickied, it should probably be after I have compiled all 10 lessons into one thread, cause it'll talk about proportion, shading, coloring, blending, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject   Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject Empty

Back to top Go down

Jenni's Sketching Lessons #1-Choosing a Subject
Page 1 of 1