Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jenni's Sketching Lessons #2-Proportions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chief Spy
Sidekick
Sidekick
Chief Spy

Registration date : 2008-02-16

Jenni's Sketching Lessons #2-Proportions Empty
PostSubject: Jenni's Sketching Lessons #2-Proportions   Jenni's Sketching Lessons #2-Proportions EmptyMarch 2nd 2008, 7:29 pm

Alright guys, drawing a picture is ALL about the correct proportions. If you don't have the right proportions is won't look right, and it won't be realistic. Today, we're going to talk about proportions.

#2-PROPORTIONS
Supplies:
-Plastic Report Cover
-Ruler
-Fine-Tipped Permanent Marker
-Jumbo Clips
-Your Drawing Canvas (paper, canvas, Bristol Board, etc. Whatever you'll draw your picture on)
-Sharp Pencil

I was taught this technique for proportions when I first started drawing. A good thing to know about this technique is to use it ALL THE TIME at first so you get the idea of the proportions of the animal you're drawing. Then you can go on to make it creatively from your own mind without a picture, and you'll have a feel for the proportions.

First thing's first, on the Plastic Report Cover using a Ruler and Fine-Tipped marker, draw horizontal lines about a centimeter apart. Do the same thing vertically as well. Just be SURE that it's PERFECT! If the marker wobbles even a little bit, it'll mess up the WHOLE picture. TRUST me!!!! :)

Then, you're going to do the EXACT same thing to your Drawing Canvas, except use a Sharp Pencil, and draw LIGHTLY because you're going to erase these later. Often times artists will double the amount of space on the actual canvas to make the picture larger, but for beginners I'd recommend using the same proportion you did on the Report Cover.

Jumbo Clip your picture to the Plastic Report cover.

When you go to draw the sketch a little later, how the grid goes over the actual picture will help determine the proportion of your drawing.

ON THE NEXT DRAWING LESSON: We'll discuss how to begin your sketch.
Back to top Go down

Jenni's Sketching Lessons #2-Proportions
Page 1 of 1