Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----

Go down 
+2
Adsertif.
Tricky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- Empty
PostSubject: Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----   Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- EmptyNovember 29th 2008, 7:37 pm

I just downloaded the free trial to Photoshop CS4 Extended and it has done nothing but close on me. It loads pretty fast I have discovered. I have opened it 3 times and then I will save a "Signatures" preset and try to create a new document. Each time I tried, I got kicked out and then it would close itself! The last time I tried I did not create any presets and I actual got a new document up. I went to the brushes panel and started loading one of my brushes to try out some new effects on it (this is how I test out of the new cool junk.) Right as soon as I hit the "Load Brush" button or whatever, it kicks me out and closes!

CS4 has some cool features and effects, if only I could actually use them for once! It can't be my computer because I also have Illustrator CS4, Flash CS4, Flash CS3, Photoshop CS3, and Photoshop CS3 Extended on my computer. They all work fine but Photoshop CS4 Extended...

Mmm... :/
Back to top Go down
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----   Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- EmptyNovember 29th 2008, 7:40 pm

Jack Frost wrote:
I just downloaded the free trial to Photoshop CS4 Extended and it has done nothing but close on me. It loads pretty fast I have discovered. I have opened it 3 times and then I will save a "Signatures" preset and try to create a new document. Each time I tried, I got kicked out and then it would close itself! The last time I tried I did not create any presets and I actual got a new document up. I went to the brushes panel and started loading one of my brushes to try out some new effects on it (this is how I test out of the new cool junk.) Right as soon as I hit the "Load Brush" button or whatever, it kicks me out and closes!

CS4 has some cool features and effects, if only I could actually use them for once! It can't be my computer because I also have Illustrator CS4, Flash CS4, Flash CS3, Photoshop CS3, and Photoshop CS3 Extended on my computer. They all work fine but Photoshop CS4 Extended...

Mmm... :/

I own it. :D
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----   Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- EmptyNovember 29th 2008, 7:54 pm

Could it possibly be becuase you have the trial. I dunno I'm just spittballin.
Back to top Go down
CrazyCatoon
Super-Human
Super-Human
CrazyCatoon

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----   Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- EmptyNovember 29th 2008, 8:50 pm

Different programs have different specifications. Photoshop CS4 relies heavily on your graphics card. That could be the problem...
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----   Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- EmptyNovember 29th 2008, 9:53 pm

lil.Drumma.Boi wrote:
So Adobe makes it so that the trial won't even let you try the program? Doesn't that contradict with itself? lol

@CC- But it is little tiny things that normally work fine. I remember reading something somewhere about CS4 and graphics cards but I never cared that much.

I get a message sometimes when doing stuff with 3D about my graphics card but otherwise nothing happens. Have they really shifted most of their weight onto graphics cards?
Back to top Go down
Egaro
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Egaro

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----   Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- EmptyNovember 29th 2008, 10:45 pm

Jack Frost wrote:
lil.Drumma.Boi wrote:
So Adobe makes it so that the trial won't even let you try the program? Doesn't that contradict with itself? lol

@CC- But it is little tiny things that normally work fine. I remember reading something somewhere about CS4 and graphics cards but I never cared that much.

I get a message sometimes when doing stuff with 3D about my graphics card but otherwise nothing happens. Have they really shifted most of their weight onto graphics cards?

Maybe.

And it may just be a memory issue, too--Flash CS4 freezes on me sometimes, and I can usually fix the program by simply cleaning up files and programs.
~Jingle
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----   Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 12:58 am

Well I actually got it to work this time. When it closed, I was actually hitting the X in the corner of the window. :D lol

It worked great, I believe I found the parts I need to steer clear of.

Presets-
As I have said, I got kicked every time.

Loading brushes with the load button-
I normally do not do this. Most of my brush sets are put in my files.

Advanced 3D-
I have not tested this and so I am not sure. I was going through a lot of lag when I was playing around with the 3D coloring and got kicked. I believe I will be fine if I use 3D again.

Now that I know what to stay away from, I can enjoy the program like I had hoped to. Photoshop CS4 is great and I don't even care that much about those few small problems. Presets are what I use if I'm to lazy to type in the size, it isn't that hard. I never use the load brushes button, I don't even remember why I used it then. I will probably use a lot of 3D just for fun, not for art, and so it shouldn't kick me that much.
Back to top Go down
snowmanx
Super-Human
Super-Human
snowmanx

Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----   Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 11:30 am

Jack Frost wrote:
Well I actually got it to work this time. When it closed, I was actually hitting the X in the corner of the window. :D lol

Presets-

Advanced 3D-
I have not tested this and so I am not sure. I was going through a lot of lag when I was playing around with the 3D coloring and got kicked. I believe I will be fine if I use 3D again.

Now that I know what to stay away from, I can enjoy the program like I had hoped to. Photoshop CS4 is great and I don't even care that much about those few small problems. Presets are what I use if I'm to lazy to type in the size, it isn't that hard. I never use the load brushes button, I don't even remember why I used it then. I will probably use a lot of 3D just for fun, not for art, and so it shouldn't kick me that much.

I bought it already, i'm installng it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----   Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 3:19 pm

.Snow wrote:
Jack Frost wrote:

Presets-

Advanced 3D-

I bought it already, i'm installng it tomorrow.
Awesome, I'm actually thinking about buying it again. Still not sure though, going to try it out some more for those 30 days. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----   Photoshop CS4 a piece of ---- Empty

Back to top Go down

Photoshop CS4 a piece of ----
Page 1 of 1