Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

infamous Pokemon glitch

Go down 
+2
ParkourSAM
Saint Chaos The Hedgehog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Saint Chaos The Hedgehog
Digintary
Digintary
Saint Chaos The Hedgehog

Registration date : 2008-09-01

infamous Pokemon glitch Empty
PostSubject: infamous Pokemon glitch   infamous Pokemon glitch EmptyDecember 17th 2008, 8:40 pm

remember pokemon red and blue? remember the pokemon glitch that corrupted your files well hes back
Gentlemen Behold
infamous Pokemon glitch _m11
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: infamous Pokemon glitch   infamous Pokemon glitch EmptyDecember 17th 2008, 9:45 pm

Huh? I don't quite understand.
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: infamous Pokemon glitch   infamous Pokemon glitch EmptyDecember 17th 2008, 9:55 pm

I don't play Pokemon so I am not sure.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: infamous Pokemon glitch   infamous Pokemon glitch EmptyDecember 17th 2008, 10:05 pm

Not real.
And it only worked with a gameshark. It would corrupt the file with a "virus" that supposedly ruined other games. Another fun glitch with roms is the "No poke" glitch.
And the missing nos.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: infamous Pokemon glitch   infamous Pokemon glitch EmptyDecember 17th 2008, 10:25 pm

So basically there is a glitch/virus thingy in a pokemon game that you are warning us about?

EDIT: I just realized this was in the gallery. XD Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Saint Chaos The Hedgehog
Digintary
Digintary
Saint Chaos The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: infamous Pokemon glitch   infamous Pokemon glitch EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 6:55 pm

KY wrote:
Not real.
And it only worked with a gameshark. It would corrupt the file with a "virus" that supposedly ruined other games. Another fun glitch with roms is the "No poke" glitch.
And the missing nos.
not true Ky here is how it worked:
Missingno. is the Glitch Pokémon that appears after viewing the Old Man's tutorial in Viridian City on how to catch Pokémon, then immediately Flying to Cinnabar Island and Surfing along the right hand side of the island until one is encountered, without visiting any other areas.

Whenever the game "sets up" the planned battle against the Old Man's Weedle, it needs to change the player's character name to "OLD MAN" so that it will display "OLD MAN" instead of the name the player has entered.

The programmers decided to use the area of data where wild Pokémon information is as a temporary storage area for the player's name, due to the lack of memory on a Game Boy. Normally this wouldn't cause any abnormal activity, as the correct data for the wild Pokémon available is written to this area in memory whenever the player travels to an area where it is possible to catch wild Pokémon, such as walking in tall grass or using a fishing rod.

Along Cinnabar Island's coast, however, there is no data indicating which wild Pokémon are catchable, and the same is true for both Viridian City and Cinnabar Island itself, at least by movement in long grass. The game uses whatever data was already in the corresponding area of data when determining which wild Pokémon encountered and their levels—now the player's name. Normally this space in memory would hold the data of the last area visited where wild Pokémon were catchable in grass and their level data (this same glitch allows players to exit the Safari Zone and Fly immediately to Cinnabar Island to be able to catch and fight Safari Zone Pokémon in the same way as they would in other areas, as Fuchsia City also has no wild Pokémon data for long grass), however, since in both Viridian City and Cinnabar Island the data is empty for Pokémon obtainable in the grass, the active data is never overwritten, leading to Missingno.'s. availability, among other things.

The name of the player has six hexadecimal values in it. The game needs only three "slots" of wild Pokémon data to store this.

The wild Pokémon the player encounters along the coast are determined by the third, fifth, and seventh characters of the player's name, while the levels are determined by the second, fourth, and sixth characters, respectively. By knowing which letters and symbols match which species and levels, through use of certain calculators and charts [1], it is possible to set the player name at the start of the game so as to find specific Pokémon at specific levels. )
from wikipedia so any questions? so rate this please
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: infamous Pokemon glitch   infamous Pokemon glitch EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 7:32 pm

Actually, the missing nos are set. You can only catch a Kabutops missing no, something else, and then a dido missingno.
Well, atleast in one game...
I'll have to ask my cousin which. He's teh glitch masta!
Back to top Go down
Saint Chaos The Hedgehog
Digintary
Digintary
Saint Chaos The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: infamous Pokemon glitch   infamous Pokemon glitch EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 7:44 pm

^ok i will get more info on it ok here is how to catch it:
You don't know how to find it? Go play some more RBY. But, if you're one of the outcasts who doesn't know how to find it, here goes. Talk to the Old Man at the northern edge of Viridian, and let him catch a Weedle. Then, Fly to Cinnabar (you can also go to Fuchsia and Surf to Seafoam Islands, but that takes a lot longer) and Surf up and down the right edge. After a while, you'll run into some unnatural Pokemon at high levels, and Missingno. (or a Pokemon with a glitched name containing 'M in the middle). NOTE: THIS DOES NOT WORK IN YELLOW, OR THE EUROPEAN VERSIONS OF THE GAME.
and here is the forms on how to get:
A: Hold it right there. While it is determined by name, the lowest number assigned to a character (other than the 80 that is assigned to the "End of Name" character) is 128, for a capital A. In EVERY variable that designates a Pokemon, Mew is assigned the number 21 (HEX 15). If you can make the connection, that means that NO name you enter will result in Mew being a possibility. The low numbers like 21 represent glitch characters that are not available for naming anything and can only be found with a Shark. For convenience, here is the table of what Pokemon will appear for each letter. Letters 3, 5, and 7 are used to determine this:

A: Golduck
B: Hypno
C: Golbat
D: Mewtwo (BIG OPPORTUNITY HERE!)
E: Snorlax
F: Magikarp
G: Missingno.
H: Missingno.
I: Muk
J: Missingno.
K: Kingler
L: Cloyster
M: Missingno. ('M)
N: Electrode
O: Clefable
P: Weezing
Q: Persian
R: Marowak
S: Missingno.
T: Haunter
U: Abra
V: Alakazam
W: Pidgeotto
X: Pidgeot
Y: Starmie
Z: Bulbasaur (Get all the starters without trading!)
a: Missingno.
b: Missingno.
c: Missingno.
d: Ponyta
e: Rapidash
f: Rattata
g: Raticate
h: Nidorino
i: Nidorina
j: Geodude
k: Porygon
l: Aerodactyl
m: Missingno.
n: Magnemite
o: Missingno.
p: Missingno.
q: Charmander (Get all the starters without trading!)
r: Squirtle (Get all the starters without trading!)
s: Charmeleon
t: Wartortle
u: Charizard
v: Missingno.
w: Missingno. (KABUTOPS FOSSIL)
x: Missingno. (AERODACTYL FOSSIL)
y: Missingno. (GHOST)
z: Oddish

Note: If you want to try the glitch, DO NOT use one of the special characters in your name. If you do, you might end up facing a Trainer. You will not be able to get out of the match, and eventually one of their Pokemon will be a glitch that can freeze (and possibly erase) your game. Also, species from 3 goes with level from 2, species from 5 goes with level from 4, and species from 7 goes with level from 6.) so i guess i'm half right and your correct sort of
really a rating would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
Mook
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: infamous Pokemon glitch   infamous Pokemon glitch EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 10:46 pm

I really don't see what this is but whatever it is it seems good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: infamous Pokemon glitch   infamous Pokemon glitch Empty

Back to top Go down

infamous Pokemon glitch
Page 1 of 1