Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5/31/09 - What can I do in this situation?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Talan
Sidekick
Sidekick
Talan

Registration date : 2009-05-28

5/31/09 - What can I do in this situation? Empty
Post5/31/09 - What can I do in this situation?

A few days ago because I was ill my sister kindly let me use her laptop so I could lie in bed on her laptop. I went onto my msn to speak to a few of my friends from school and I was like really bored so I was checking all the chat logs and by accident I clicked onto one of her conversations. It said stuff like 'I have a bottle of vodka under my bed and I want to drink it really bad', and then later on it said 'I don't have alot of money so I don't want to spend it on cigarettes'. Our parents don't know she smokes or drinks, I've been trying to tell her for a while but I can't get round to it.. I don't want to tell my parents either because she'll be really mad. What should I do? Should I tell my sister I know her "secret" first before I tell my parents?

Last edited by Talan on June 2nd 2009, 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

5/31/09 - What can I do in this situation? :: Comments

stevenF50
Re: 5/31/09 - What can I do in this situation?
Post May 31st 2009, 12:47 pm by stevenF50
Sorry thats something for you to decide not us
Scotland
Post May 31st 2009, 12:48 pm by Scotland
Yeah, tell your sister first... but that might turn out for the worse. It depends how old she is. If you tell your parents, you can tell them not to say you told them, and tell your parents to say that they found the vodka etc.
Talan
Post May 31st 2009, 12:49 pm by Talan
Scotland wrote:
Yeah, tell your sister first... but that might turn out for the worse. It depends how old she is. If you tell your parents, you can tell them not to say you told them, and tell your parents to say that they found the vodka etc.

She's 16. Over here in England smoking and drinking is around 21. (edit: I just read smoking is 18)
Redziggy
Post May 31st 2009, 1:05 pm by Redziggy
Smoking and drinking is 18, and every normal person that's 16 drinks, and occasionally smokes, she's just living her life.
Talan
Post May 31st 2009, 1:24 pm by Talan
Howdy wrote:
Smoking and drinking is 18, and every normal person that's 16 drinks, and occasionally smokes, she's just living her life.

She's promised our mum she has never smoked and never will. Once our mum found cigarettes in her bag and my sister said it was her friends. Shes also told our parents that her friends smoke and drink but never admitted she has.
rock 'n roll king
Post May 31st 2009, 1:43 pm by rock 'n roll king
maybe tell ur parents were she has the vodka and tell them the website u found
this chat
Redziggy
Post May 31st 2009, 1:44 pm by Redziggy
Leave it, or tell her you know, why tell your parents?
Talan
Post May 31st 2009, 1:58 pm by Talan
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Requested to be locked.
Brennan
Post May 31st 2009, 2:52 pm by Brennan
really i thought the drinking age in europe was 16... or is that hust germany idk anyway tell your sister first you know and go from there.
RR
Post May 31st 2009, 4:01 pm by RR
Howdy wrote:

Um, no. This isnt a 'let it go' situation. This could start the beginning of the end of her life.
I would really tell your parents..it doesnt matter if she gets mad at you.
Redziggy
Post May 31st 2009, 4:06 pm by Redziggy
Afraid to say it is, because there's not a more annoying thing than someone trying to tell you how to live your life.
RR
Post May 31st 2009, 4:08 pm by RR
You have learned nothing from school/others have you?
Redziggy
Post May 31st 2009, 4:22 pm by Redziggy
The fact of it is, you can't control how people live, and it's their choice whether they go out drinking and whatever, or if they stay in and are good. Nobody can decide for you, and what you need to learn is to not try and help them.
Mickey4741
Post June 4th 2009, 4:54 pm by Mickey4741
Stay out of it.... it's her life...she's a teenager she's obviously going to do that... Unless there are huge problems that you see tell your parents. But stay out of it.

So what I mean is she will prob. do it once or twice but if you find she's doing it like every day or making bad choices under the influence tell your parents.

But talk to HER first
Post June 4th 2009, 5:14 pm by Rudolph
Tell because she could get help and you can stop her fro dying earlier. Better to be safe then sorry dude. Well... I depends if she is like... An alcoholic o something. If not... stay out of it.
Argie
Post June 4th 2009, 8:23 pm by Argie
Don't listen to mickey or Howdy. Unfortunately, this situation isn't a situation of the types of friends she hangs with or the clothes she wears. This involves her life-long health. You need to do something. You need to tell her parents, she shouldn't be doing this. If it was legal, she could get away with it. You and your parents wouldn't be able to do much if she wanted to smoke and drink and wasn't just addicted. But you have to do something. It could kill her at a very young age.
Redziggy
Post June 4th 2009, 8:28 pm by Redziggy
You're honestly making too much of a big deal out of this, more than half of teenagers do it, and I see no problem, they're not thinking it's going to kill them, they're experiencing life, having fun, if she's taking drugs or becoming addicted then there's the time to act, but if you do, talk to her first, it's the mature thing to do, get more information from her, instead of running to your parents and telling them.
Argie
Post June 4th 2009, 8:30 pm by Argie
She will get addicted if you don't do anything. Drinking and smoking are drugs. Anyway, this isn't experience life. This is ruining it. And it doesn't matter how many people do it, it still has the same terrible side effects that can lead to serious short-term and long-term effects that will end you up much unhappier with yourself and wondering why you ever started.

5/31/09 - What can I do in this situation?

Page 1 of 1