Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Video Games of All Time

Go down 
+14
Yoda.
Flubby
ParkourSAM
jmg11
Brennan
Ghost
Bandit
Nooh
Goobenheimer
FlyingKanga
Dan
JazzDawg
KingdomDarkII
Skyward Sam
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

Top 10 Video Games of All Time Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 1:05 am

In this thread you can debate what you believe to be the best video games ever created. Keep in mind some of the games that some have played were around before a lot of you knew what a video game was.

This is my top 10 and this is going to be very hard to figure out

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Nintendo 64 - I say this is the best game because not only when it was released but still to date, it has an unbelievable storyline and gameplay. More challenging than other Zelda games as well. An all around great game. You start off as a young Link who is different from the others in his village and when a giant tree sends a fairy to help you on your journey it sets off an unbelievable game. Many dungeons and bosses, lots of things to collect. Also in my opinion the best super villain ever created in a video game, Ganondorf. You can also get this for gamecube and on the wii shop channel.

2. Super Mario 64 - Nintendo 64 - Yes, another N64 game. I love this game because it completely transformed gaming and set the tone for future games to come. Great storyline, big and fun levels. This game you have either heard of or played before, that's how great it is.

3. Halo Series - Xbox/Xbox 360 - The Halo series is a revolutionary shooter series. Each game is unique in its own and is really fun to play in my opinion. Also introduced the best online multiplayer and made online multiplayer the way it is today.

4. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- I know, another Zelda game. But this one and Majora's Mask(which i won't include because it would be a 3rd zelda game, even though deserving) are incredible. The only downside in this game is that it was extremely easy. Ocarina of Time was extremely difficult. If this game was harder, it could be much higher on the list. This game starts off very similar to Ocarina of Time. You are a destined hero chosen by the gods to save Princess Zelda and Hyrule from the evil Twilight ruler Zant and Evil King Ganondorf. I love the gameplay and storyline in this game. The cinematics are unreal and really pull you into the story. This game can take 50-70 hours of gameplay with all the collection of items and side quests when you play your first time through.

5. Call Of Duty Series - Xbox/Playstation - These games really show what the war was like. Whether it is Modern Warfare or World War II, each game has unique weapons, a good storyline, and solid gameplay. Online gameplay also competes with Halo

6. Banjo Kazooie - Nintendo 64 - I loved this game growing up. You play as a bear with a bird on your back searching to rescue your sister from the evil and extremely ugly witch, Gundy. Great gameplay and storyline. This game is still really fun to play today and is actually a decent challenge.

7. Assassin's Creed - Xbox 360 - Amazing game. Who wouldn't want to be an assassin in the past killing people as a job. What a great game. The story in this game is kind of repetitive but the gameplay is so real and fun. An overall fun game that a lot of people would enjoy.

8. EA Sports Titles - All platforms - Pretty much the foundation for sporting games. The Xbox and Playstation games show improvement, but Nintendo doesn't and that's why I think 2k Sports is better now, but this is all time here.

9. Pokemon: Red/Blue/Yellow - Gameboy - Haha, i know what you are thinking, Pokemon? really? Yes really. The thing that was great about this was it was a WORLD WIDE PHENOMENON in the late 90s and thats when I started playing it. The game went along with the original TV series and only had the good original 150. After that, it got too much to keep up with.

10. Guitar Hero/Rock Band- Xbox/Wii/Playstation - These games have given hope to the young, untalented teenagers at parties who think that because they are good at this game, they can play that instrument in real life. Thank you creators of this game, for lifting the spirit of the youth of the nation. Seriously though, what a great idea for a game. Playing music in a video game, great party game. Songs are usually great as well and the DLC is awesome.

So that's my list. Argue with it, debate it, or bask in it's glory.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 7:14 pm

Definatly agree.
I spent my entire childhood (ages 4-7) playing SM64. Great game.
I agree with EVERYTHING on this list. 11th place should've been Majora's Mask. I love that game :D
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 7:17 pm

Thank you for finally posting. It took me forever to make this list! But yeah, I love majora's mask too!
Back to top Go down
JazzDawg
Vanguard
Vanguard
JazzDawg

Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 7:24 pm

Off Topic: Hmm, that's weird... I posted in this topic, but my post was deleted somehow..

Anyways, I agree with your list. I LOVE all the Zelda games, plus the COD and Halo series.

Great list!
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 7:50 pm

JazzDawg wrote:
Off Topic: Hmm, that's weird... I posted in this topic, but my post was deleted somehow..

Anyways, I agree with your list. I LOVE all the Zelda games, plus the COD and Halo series.

Great list!

Thanks Jazz! Figuring out the Zelda timeline is one of the most hardest things to do ever!
Back to top Go down
JazzDawg
Vanguard
Vanguard
JazzDawg

Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 7:58 pm

Yeah, I know. It's so complex.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 10:10 pm

COD4, COD WAW and HALO 3 FTW! :)
I love those games.
-Dan
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 10:14 pm

Where is Mario Kart wii ? XD
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 10:40 pm

FlyingKanga wrote:
Where is Mario Kart wii ? XD

I think Super Mario Kart for the SNES, Mario Kart 64, and Mario Kart: Double Dash is better than Wii and those aren't on the list.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 21st 2009, 12:48 am

I don't even know why everyone likes Mario Kart. There are way better Kart Racing games. The only one i liked was Mario Kart DS. Crash Team Racing for PS1 is my favorite kart racing game.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 21st 2009, 1:49 am

Goobenheimer wrote:
I don't even know why everyone likes Mario Kart. There are way better Kart Racing games. The only one i liked was Mario Kart DS. Crash Team Racing for PS1 is my favorite kart racing game.

I agree with Goob. There are so much better racing games out there.
Back to top Go down
Nooh
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Nooh

Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 22nd 2009, 2:15 pm

Me too.. And Seriously Mario Kart is so slow.. The graphics are not that awesome.. And it doesn't even have a storyline or anything that fun. The only good thing about it is that you can play online without lag on the Wii. the Wii is seriously bad.
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Bandit

Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 22nd 2009, 2:15 pm

Nice list. I agree with about 1/2 of them but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 22nd 2009, 3:28 pm

Nooh wrote:
Me too.. And Seriously Mario Kart is so slow.. The graphics are not that awesome.. And it doesn't even have a storyline or anything that fun. The only good thing about it is that you can play online without lag on the Wii. the Wii is seriously bad.

But you can get classic nintendo games on the wii. And there is a new Zelda game coming out for Wii next year.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 22nd 2009, 3:30 pm

I've only played the last 3 XD
Back to top Go down
Nooh
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Nooh

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 23rd 2009, 3:09 am

DirkD wrote:
Nooh wrote:

But you can get classic nintendo games on the wii. And there is a new Zelda game coming out for Wii next year.
The wii's memory is only about 200-215MB's of memory.
You won't be able to fit a lot of stuff on it.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 23rd 2009, 5:25 pm

Nooh wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Nooh wrote:

The wii's memory is only about 200-215MB's of memory.
You won't be able to fit a lot of stuff on it.

That's ok I don't play Wii unless I'm playing Zelda :oops:
Back to top Go down
Nooh
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Nooh

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 27th 2009, 1:53 pm

So... You buy the wii for 1 game, XD. anyways i never paid for classics or wiiware on the Wii.
I just hacked them using the Twilight Hack and Downloading Wads.. But Eh... This forum doesn't allow hacking so im not going to keep going on.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 29th 2009, 5:01 pm

i agree but i'd put COD at 3 and halo at 5 but i agree with one 100% best game ever. but i think wind waker should make the list over guitar hero i like the game but i don't think its top 10. maybe people disagree with me about wind waker but loved that game i think it should make the bottom of the top 10.
Back to top Go down
jmg11
Super-Human
Super-Human
jmg11

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 29th 2009, 5:14 pm

Some of the list is good but I think the Call of Duty Series should be better ranked on it.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 29th 2009, 10:13 pm

jmg11 wrote:
Some of the list is good but I think the Call of Duty Series should be better ranked on it.

Why do you think that?
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 30th 2009, 2:07 pm

I can anwser :)
The graphics are very well done.
The campaign story lines are the best out there.
The online is very addicitive and something that cures boredom :)
-Dan
Back to top Go down
jmg11
Super-Human
Super-Human
jmg11

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 30th 2009, 3:41 pm

Yes, that is exactly it! I love online for that game so much especially the zombies! They are coming out with a new zombies in Map Pack 3 which you download for 10 bucks. The Wallpaper for it is my Avatar.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyJuly 31st 2009, 1:28 pm

Dan™ wrote:
I can anwser :)
The graphics are very well done.
The campaign story lines are the best out there.
The online is very addicitive and something that cures boredom :)
-Dan

You gotta realize number 5 of ALL TIME is high.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time EmptyAugust 1st 2009, 10:14 am

Ah, I love the CoD series and Halo series. I played a few games of CoD: WaW today. I'm also getting Halo 3: ODST and then Modern Warfare 2 on the holidays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Video Games of All Time   Top 10 Video Games of All Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Video Games of All Time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next