Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spelling Bee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bandit
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Bandit

Registration date : 2009-01-25

Spelling Bee Empty
PostSpelling Bee

Tomorrow is my school spelling bee and I am a representative for my team. (each grade has 2 teams. the teams are 6-1,6-2,7-1,7-2,8-1,8-2 ; I am in 7-1) I am kind of nervous though. There are 17 other kids in the spelling bee, 3 from each team, and 450 kids and teachers watching. I am kind of nervous. Do you have any advice?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Spelling Bee :: Comments

Pinkmaddie5!
Re: Spelling Bee
Post January 14th 2010, 10:01 pm by Pinkmaddie5!
Just play it cool, be calm, and have fun!
drbubbles
Post January 14th 2010, 10:59 pm by drbubbles
good luck! if you were picked for the team then you can do it. just think you could be the only one from the school going into a county spelling bee or something
Neo
Post January 15th 2010, 12:47 am by Neo
I was in the Geography bee, and they are both just memorization so the strategies are the same:
-Don't think you will win. KNOW you will win. You cannot believe how much just thinking to myself "this question is SOOOOO easy" when it was something most adults would scratch their heads and tell you to ask your mother about helped me to win in my class. It helped in the school one too, it was just the extremely harder questions that did me in.
-Try to put as much pressure off yourself as possible. Or, practice under pressure. While I was training for the Geobee (yes it's quite rigorous) I recreated a pressured environment by playing music at a pretty decent volume.
-Learn from mistakes. Others', of course. If you sense something wrong with some one else's answer, make it right for when you answer.
Take these tips and you're sure to win. Good luck!
jjkanes
Post January 15th 2010, 1:22 am by jjkanes
I got into my class team but didnt get past the really smart in mei kids and it was scary for meii last year at that time because i was scared cause everyone had to guess the words they were so much higher grade than us! like year 8 or 9 or sumthing and i was 6 so it was weird words but i got really scared cause i hadnt got any pionts in rounds till the third last round and after that i was OKAY lolz i beat everyone on ONE WORD IT WAS SO GREAT I WON A WHOLE ROUND BY MYSELF BUT WHEN I challenged the smartest kids in the skool OMG THEY ARE SMART so just be calm ur really smart that means!!!!! ur smarter han me at spellin thats for sure i dont even bother to spell rite on the computer lolz! so be calm breathe nicely and evenly it will be a breeze!
Bandit
Post January 15th 2010, 5:53 pm by Bandit
Thanks for the help guys!
I got 2nd place in my whole school!
jjkanes
Post January 16th 2010, 11:07 pm by jjkanes
Great work! ur very smart!
Post  by Sponsored content

Spelling Bee