Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with iPod custom restore.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

Help with iPod custom restore. Empty
PostSubject: Help with iPod custom restore.   Help with iPod custom restore. EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 2:17 pm

Well, a couple of days ago my iPod crashed and wouldn't start up again. So I instinctively put it into restore mode, and used QuickFreedom (the software I originally jailbroke with) to create a new .ispw to restore my iPod. I downloaded the firmware and selected that my iPod was already jailbroken, and chose not to include custom lockscreens or install "Installer" because it's discontinued. Anyway- I went ahead to restore it in iTunes (latest update) using shift-click and selected Custom NOR.ispw
The restore worked fine and fully prepared and extracted the ispw until the last moment, when I received error message 1601 and (6) on iTunes which displayed:
Quote :
The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred.
A button below linked to a support page (click here) and my iPod went back to the "Connect To iTunes" page.
So, I have come to the conclusion that it isn't working (big surprise) and I was thinking about reverting back to original iPod firmware, un-jailbroken. Would it be safe for me to just restore to an un-jailbroken version or is there a solution that will allow me to continue to use a jailbroken iPod?

(I know this is the wrong section, and I was going to post this on ModMyI until I realized their registration system fails)
Edit: Ignore this post, request to lock.
I forgot to put my iPod into DFU mode, but even then, the restore didn't work. So I created a new restore that didn't select "Already Jailbroken" and restored it. I lost all my apps, but I have them sync'd on my PC.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

Registration date : 2008-10-09

Help with iPod custom restore. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with iPod custom restore.   Help with iPod custom restore. EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 4:00 pm

Help with iPod custom restore. 312997 *Locked by request* Help with iPod custom restore. 312997
Back to top Go down

Help with iPod custom restore.
Page 1 of 1