Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??

Go down 
+9
Mickey4741
Name
Dobby
Waddle50008
.eagle
Dr. Dead Dier
iWaddle
BT
man101
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
man101
Mercenary
Mercenary
man101

Registration date : 2008-04-20

How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? Empty
PostSubject: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 4:54 pm

Hey i have a pretty bad virus,and i was wondering how i can restore my computer back to "factory" state? as in back to as i got it.

please help
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 4:57 pm

I'll see if I can find it. You mean the "System Recovery?"
Back to top Go down
man101
Mercenary
Mercenary
man101

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:00 pm

yes,but i would like it back to when i first got it like its default settings
Back to top Go down
iWaddle
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
iWaddle

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:00 pm

Go to System Recovery and either go back before you got it or the farthest back it can go.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Dead Dier
Mercenary
Mercenary
Dr. Dead Dier

Registration date : 2008-06-13

There is a way to copy every thing on to a disk drive and then if it crashes you just load the recovery.

There is also a way to go back in time :0.

You reset everything to x and it goes there and stays.
No viris.Ask you admin on your comp for help. Or contact a local computer store.
Back to top Go down
man101
Mercenary
Mercenary
man101

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:02 pm

iWaddle wrote:
Go to System Recovery and either go back before you got it or the farthest back it can go.

furthest back in the calander i can go is April :S and it still has the virus
Back to top Go down
.eagle
Vagabond
Vagabond
.eagle

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:03 pm

If you have the original XP install disc, use it.
Also, most computers bring a "reset" cd, that'll erase and format your computer.
Or you can use the restoration point app (accessories>system tools>system restore (I think, I'm translating it from another language))
If you can't do any of those, right-click your C: drive from "My computer" and format it.
Back to top Go down
iWaddle
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
iWaddle

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:04 pm

man101 wrote:
iWaddle wrote:

furthest back in the calander i can go is April :S and it still has the virus

Then do what .eagle said. ^^
Back to top Go down
Dr. Dead Dier
Mercenary
Mercenary
Dr. Dead Dier

Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:06 pm

Contact a dad for help (laughs)

Jk.

If you need help with any of this pm me.
Back to top Go down
man101
Mercenary
Mercenary
man101

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:07 pm

.eagle wrote:
If you have the original XP install disc, use it.
Also, most computers bring a "reset" cd, that'll erase and format your computer.
Or you can use the restoration point app (accessories>system tools>system restore (I think, I'm translating it from another language))
If you can't do any of those, right-click your C: drive from "My computer" and format it.

im on that menu,but i can't find a full system one :(
Back to top Go down
.eagle
Vagabond
Vagabond
.eagle

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:20 pm

Well, it would only take away the virus if it was a single file under the my documents folder tree... Have you tried running a full system scan with different antivirus (free ones like Avast, AVG, Kaspersky..)?

If that still doesn't help you can format the whole hard disc, but you'll have to re-install windows :|
Back to top Go down
man101
Mercenary
Mercenary
man101

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:29 pm

.eagle wrote:
Well, it would only take away the virus if it was a single file under the my documents folder tree... Have you tried running a full system scan with different antivirus (free ones like Avast, AVG, Kaspersky..)?

If that still doesn't help you can format the whole hard disc, but you'll have to re-install windows :|

i don't have the windows cd, and the virus is in the system :S so is there no way to take it back to factory status?
Back to top Go down
.eagle
Vagabond
Vagabond
.eagle

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:35 pm

Just the Windows XP, no. Unless you've got the install cd (which you don't).

I can only recommend you to take it to a pc repair shop, they'll "reset" it right away.
Back to top Go down
Waddle50008
Super-Human
Super-Human
Waddle50008

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 5:41 pm

Search Full System formatting on google, or go to microsoft.com with your problem. I think it'll tell you how to format your computer.
Back to top Go down
Dobby
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dobby

Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 6:08 pm

.eagle wrote:

I can only recommend you to take it to a pc repair shop, they'll "reset" it right away.
And get completely ripped off. :P It takes them about 2 minutes and they charge loads. My mate does it for a summer job and gets a ton :P
Back to top Go down
.eagle
Vagabond
Vagabond
.eagle

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 6:13 pm

Dobby wrote:
.eagle wrote:

And get completely ripped off. :P It takes them about 2 minutes and they charge loads. My mate does it for a summer job and gets a ton :P

Well, they aren't dumb at all :p
Back to top Go down
Dobby
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dobby

Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 3rd 2008, 6:15 pm

Lol, ObV :DThere is a way to get rid of the virus, it's long winded, but i can guise you through it, i've had 2 viruses like yours, wrecked my PC, but i didn't spend a penny, didn't format and it's great now
Back to top Go down
Name
Exemplar
Exemplar
Name

Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 4th 2008, 10:19 pm

man101 wrote:
.eagle wrote:

i don't have the windows cd, and the virus is in the system :S so is there no way to take it back to factory status?
lol you guys don't know nothin bout XP.1.Go to all programs,then accesories,then system tools,click clean disk or system restore or,backup.BAM fixed :P
Back to top Go down
.eagle
Vagabond
Vagabond
.eagle

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 5th 2008, 9:43 am

Devo12345 wrote:
man101 wrote:
.eagle wrote:

lol you guys don't know nothin bout XP.1.Go to all programs,then accesories,then system tools,click clean disk or system restore or,backup.BAM fixed :P

And you don't know nothing about reading threads -.- If you had read the first page you'd see that he already tried that after several people suggested the same thing as you.
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 5th 2008, 12:21 pm

Call your computer's creator company (Dell, HP, etc.) and ask for a replacement XP "restore" CD. You might be able to go to a retailer also. Get it, put it in the CD drive, and follow the instructions.

Time: 1 hour-6 weeks, depends on shipping...
Back to top Go down
man101
Mercenary
Mercenary
man101

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 5th 2008, 12:27 pm

its ok now i phoned microsoft and they removed the virus and stuff by doing a "desktop share" thats when the support clerk can go on your desktop and use it while you watch,its pretty smart
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyJuly 5th 2008, 1:00 pm

Cool. :D
Back to top Go down
Sayjod
Lurker
Lurker
Sayjod

Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyNovember 9th 2008, 2:22 pm

This Is Not On Glitches And Bugs On Cp
Back to top Go down
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyNovember 9th 2008, 2:29 pm

What brand of comp. do you have?
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? EmptyNovember 9th 2008, 2:37 pm

If you have a dell you can just hold control and tap f11 when it starts up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??   How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to do a full system restore on Windows Xp ??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next