Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Less forums

Go down 
+7
Bronze
Chub 777
Skyward Sam
Emess
Linky
pixel
Maria
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 6th 2010, 4:51 pm

Ever notice the relatively big amount of forums/sub-forums that we have? Notice how inactive most of them are? Why not compile them? Less forums with more posts make the forum look more lively and active.

Check-list:
-Lose all sub-forums of the Media forum and merge it with the Chit-Chat forum.
-Cut down on the Club Penguin forum, leaving a maximum of one or two forums in the process.
-Merge the Battle Arena and GFX Help & Tutorials forums with the Gallery.
-Get rid of the Adoptables forum and open a topic in the off-topic forum for people to post their DragqueenCave/whatever links in.
-Trash The Gang forum.
-Merge the Role Playing forum with the Posting Games forum.

That would leave the main forums, Club Penguin forum(s), Off-topic forum, Gallery, Introductions/Farewells, Member Blogs, Random Forum, Aimless Fun Area (Posting Games/Role-playing), Credit Shops, and the User Clans.

Simple and organized.
Back to top Go down
pixel
Citizen
Citizen
pixel

Registration date : 2008-03-18

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 6th 2010, 5:01 pm

Yeh what would happen to the people witch have bought clans?

Edit : seen it nevermind
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

Registration date : 2009-04-16

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 6th 2010, 5:03 pm

There is ways to make it even more organized.

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Emess
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2009-03-02

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 6th 2010, 5:04 pm

This isn't a bad idea at all.

You get a +, Maria. :D
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 6th 2010, 5:15 pm

This idea will probably be rejected because 1 user has used that forum before but they don't come here anymore but somehow that still makes them active.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 6th 2010, 5:35 pm

DirkD wrote:
1 user has used that forum before but they don't come here anymore but somehow that still makes them active.
Huh? I'm sure it's because I'm North African and all, but I didn't quite understand that part... D:
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 6th 2010, 6:56 pm

Maria wrote:
DirkD wrote:
1 user has used that forum before but they don't come here anymore but somehow that still makes them active.
Huh? I'm sure it's because I'm North African and all, but I didn't quite understand that part... D:

They are going to say that those forums are still used but no one uses them. Like they will make the argument that users use those forums when in fact maybe one or two users that hardly come on use them, and they will stay it is still active because of that.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 6th 2010, 7:33 pm

DirkD wrote:
Maria wrote:
DirkD wrote:

They are going to say that those forums are still used but no one uses them. Like they will make the argument that users use those forums when in fact maybe one or two users that hardly come on use them, and they will stay it is still active because of that.
Oh. Well, I hope that's not the case. I hate scrolling. >:O
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 7th 2010, 4:21 am

Why kill off the CP forums? That's the point of this whole forum. The users joined because they like and play CP. No point in doing that now.

Also, the Media forum is getting cluttered.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 7th 2010, 11:38 am

Chub 777 wrote:
Why kill off the CP forums? That's the point of this whole forum. The users joined because they like and play CP. No point in doing that now.

I wasn't asking for a mass extermination of the CP forums, just a major cut down on the number of them. Instead of having seven inactive CP forums, why not just have one active one? Or two active ones?
Take this forum for example:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/
They're a gaming forum, but they didn't dedicate a seperate forum to say, each console, each genre, or each ESRB rating. Look how that's working out.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 7th 2010, 1:45 pm

Maria wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:

I wasn't asking for a mass extermination of the CP forums, just a major cut down on the number of them. Instead of having seven inactive CP forums, why not just have one active one? Or two active ones?
They're a gaming forum, but they didn't dedicate a seperate forum to say, each console, each genre, or each ESRB rating. Look how that's working out.

Well, CPP Magazine has nowhere near as much circulation as escapist. Still...

I think 4/5 forums would be the maximum cut. We'd have to see how it works out, and if more change is needed, we can cut more.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 8th 2010, 4:36 am

BronzeRevolution wrote:
Maria wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:

Well, CPP Magazine has nowhere near as much circulation as escapist. Still...

I think 4/5 forums would be the maximum cut. We'd have to see how it works out, and if more change is needed, we can cut more.

Nah, don't cut them out. Just merge it into one forum. Easy.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 8th 2010, 3:32 pm

Well, posts would be moved, but one whole section would leave things a bit too empty.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 9th 2010, 3:31 am

Why just leave them and don't delete them.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 11th 2010, 6:35 pm

BronzeRevolution wrote:
Well, posts would be moved, but one whole section would leave things a bit too empty.
If you didn't notice, it's a bit too cluttered as it is. Five/four forums are still too much, especially when you take in consideration the amount of activity we get.

Chub 777 wrote:
Why just leave them and don't delete
them.
Delete them? Why? It's like moving them takes that much of an effort.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 11th 2010, 6:44 pm

Still, there is potential for more discussion in the Club Penguin areas and I don't want to restrict any growth in Club Penguin playing users.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 11th 2010, 6:47 pm

BronzeRevolution wrote:
Still, there is potential for more discussion in the Club Penguin areas and I don't want to restrict any growth in Club Penguin playing users.
You're not "restricting growth." Less forums makes the process of making new topics more simple and... uh... enticing?
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 12th 2010, 5:58 am

Maria wrote:

Chub 777 wrote:
Why just leave them and don't delete
them.
Delete them? Why? It's like moving them takes that much of an effort.

When I've used Forumotion, deleting them is faster.

BronzeRevolution wrote:

Still, there is potential for more discussion in the Club Penguin areas
and I don't want to restrict any growth in Club Penguin playing users.

Yeah. I still play CP, and I like it. Deleting it or moving it will make me (and others) possibly quit.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 12th 2010, 8:48 am

Maria wrote:
BronzeRevolution wrote:
You're not "restricting growth." Less forums makes the process of making new topics more simple and... uh... enticing?

Well I don't quite agree. But if you think so, we'll consider it.
Back to top Go down
Vegas
Drifter
Drifter
Vegas

Registration date : 2010-06-08

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 12th 2010, 10:12 am

I think that this is a good idea. By cutting down on the amount of forums, it does make it look like this place is a smaller forum, but it also makes it look more active, possibly cancelling things out, while still making things more organized.

Although I don't quite know about the Club Penguin theme around here. I mean I'm a newbie here but it's pretty obvious that despite the Club Penguin focus, it isn't the most active subject around here. That's fine with me, since I'm not an incredibly active member of Club Penguin, but that might be why so many people don't stay. You might get more members by switching the focus to something else, which is also a more active subject.

Or maybe I'm just a newbie imagining things I dunno. Either way this is still a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 12th 2010, 11:41 am

Vegas wrote:
I think that this is a good idea. By cutting down on the amount of forums, it does make it look like this place is a smaller forum, but it also makes it look more active, possibly cancelling things out, while still making things more organized.

Although I don't quite know about the Club Penguin theme around here. I mean I'm a newbie here but it's pretty obvious that despite the Club Penguin focus, it isn't the most active subject around here. That's fine with me, since I'm not an incredibly active member of Club Penguin, but that might be why so many people don't stay. You might get more members by switching the focus to something else, which is also a more active subject.

Or maybe I'm just a newbie imagining things I dunno. Either way this is still a good idea.
Dude, I think I love you.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 13th 2010, 1:23 am

Maria wrote:
Vegas wrote:

Objection. The users on this forum joined because they play(ed) Club Penguin. That's more than 50% of active users.* Cutting back on forums will no-doubt kill the Club Penguin topic. Sure, Disney made the game suck, BUT. But it's still a good game.

Suggestion: Change forum topic to Disney.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 13th 2010, 7:30 am

I think Disney is too broad, and the official Disney website sucks up most of the traffic.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 13th 2010, 11:37 pm

BronzeRevolution wrote:
I think Disney is too broad, and the official Disney website sucks up most of the traffic.

I suppose we can just broaden the CP topic.
Back to top Go down
Vegas
Drifter
Drifter
Vegas

Registration date : 2010-06-08

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums EmptyJune 14th 2010, 1:59 pm

Well I agree that Disney is too popular for it's own good. There are bajillions of sites dedicated to disney already, and I'm not sure that expanding the CP topic would work unless there was a lot more advertising done for this place.

What we need to do is find one or two things that all the active members of the forum enjoy or are fans of, that way everyone's happy with the subject change. We should also have some sort of reason why people would want to come here, I mean say we made the subject GFX (for an example) there are tons of forums dedicated to all sorts fo GFX why should they come to this one? We would need to make it special.

There is of course the possibility that the subject chosen is uncommon enough to make this one of the few forums related to the subject on the internet, but I don't think it's likely that would happen.

Here's a random idea, the subject could simply be chit chat, nothing in particular, but it could be directed at CP forumers. If we could get advertising on various CP-related forums (advertising as a chat forum) we could change the forum theme to chit chat, while also keeping a CP undertone because of the fact that most of the members are CP players or forumers. That would also mean that a CP forum would still be here it just wouldn't be the main attraction. The headers and buttons and other forum GFX wouldn't even need to change drastically since the audience is still CP forumers/players.

There is of course the possibility that the idea of the above paragraph has already been done successfully and as such probably wouldn't work. There is of course the other possibility that nobody would really want that idea anyways.

Oh well, just an idea. But if the staff is actually seriously considering this than I think there should be a forum discussion about it rather than a side conversation in an unrelated topic.

Maria wrote:
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Vegas has aquired a compliment from a member of the FEMALE SPECIES. His rank has now been upgraded to PIMP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Less forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less forums   Less forums Empty

Back to top Go down

Less forums
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next