Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?

Go down 
+8
xXD34thXD3alrXx
Bandit
Mike
noohx
Skyward Sam
Creeper
Tricky
Bronze
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? Empty
PostSubject: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 4:12 pm

Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? 58086610

Just look at it. I mean, sure it has a camera and a more up-to-date videocard. In hardware terms, it's far ahead of the 360 and PS3. However, does anyone really want to play a videogame on a handheld device any more?
Not to mention, with Sony and Microsoft's future console in the works, the Wii U may just be short lived.
I won't be buying it. My Wii has been collecting dust under the television for months now, and I don't plan on digging it out any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 4:15 pm

Actually, this is just the controller, if I remember reading correctly.

The old controllers, games, etc. will all work with the new Wii.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 4:21 pm

I agree with Bronze. The Wii doesn't have many teenager/adult games and the ones that they do have are not very popular. I heard they are achieving more partnerships for the Wii U but Nintendo is always behind in hardware. I hate the white shiny plastic designs more than Samsungs.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 4:26 pm

That's just the controller haha. It actually has a lot of great features and I would look into it because of the Zelda franchise. Is that bad?
Back to top Go down
noohx
Vagabond
Vagabond
noohx

Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 4:33 pm

Nintendo never has to worry about failing in consoles, They want your money and you want their mario and zelda exclusives.

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 4:38 pm

Creeper wrote:
I heard they are achieving more partnerships for the Wii U but Nintendo is always behind in hardware.

Actually, the Wii came out before the Kinect or PS Move. It was a force on it's own front, but was beaten down by the higher consoles after.

Same with the DS I believe, Sony is releasing the PSP Vita early next year (like January?) and it has a touchscreen on the front and back, and will have PS style games like you'd expect.

Nintendo has a kiddy thing to it, but it's good at that. And it's basically the leader in handhelds.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 5:12 pm

It's still TV based? Heh, that's still one hell of a controller.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 5:29 pm

Bronze wrote:
It's still TV based? Heh, that's still one hell of a controller.

Yeah, it's still TV based.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 5:33 pm

It has to be said, 'the new controller' doesn't have the same charm associated with 'wiimote'.
Based on the video, you would think Nintendo aren't developing any new games beyond Wii Sport and Wii Fit :( The reading and videocall features are nice, but it's not a tablet.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 5:42 pm

Hopeless attmept is definitley not the right word considering they brought in the most revenue with the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 5:48 pm

Mike wrote:
Hopeless attmept is definitley not the right word considering they brought in the most revenue with the Wii.

Hmm, you're right from that perspective. I doubt revenues will be as great this time, though, especially if they continue support for the Wii. From a community perspective, I don't think that Nintendo will win people over with more Wii Fit.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mike

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 5:50 pm

Bronze wrote:
Mike wrote:

Hmm, you're right from that perspective. I doubt revenues will be as great this time, though, especially if they continue support for the Wii. From a community perspective, I don't think that Nintendo will win people over with more Wii Fit.
I agree with you BUT if they release games that suit the older age group they could win this generation again.
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Bandit

Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 6:12 pm

I am going to ask for this as a Christmas gift with my siblings. As on all Nintendo consoles, there are a few series I like and I don't want to miss out on the new games. I don't use my Wii as much as my 360 but I do enjoy playing my Wii with my friends and family. I don't think it's pointed at teens that much but more as a family product.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 6:13 pm

Wow, that actually looks really nice.
Back to top Go down
xXD34thXD3alrXx
Mercenary
Mercenary
xXD34thXD3alrXx

Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 6:18 pm

I think it's a stupid attempt to keep the Wii alive...
They should just make something completely new!
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 6:23 pm

xXD34thXD3alrXx wrote:
Hehe, what do you have in mind? A console wouldn't work, those are already taken.

I think this is pretty new.
Back to top Go down
Arbiter
Adventurer
Adventurer
Arbiter

Registration date : 2010-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 6:29 pm

Tricky wrote:
xXD34thXD3alrXx wrote:
Hehe, what do you have in mind? A console wouldn't work, those are already taken.

I think this is pretty new.

I'm actually thinking when the wii-U come out,I'm getting it for the games.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 6:41 pm

I like it personally, can't wait to see what they come out with.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 6:58 pm

Look sitting here as teenagers it's easy for us to bash the Wii, but the Wii outsold both the PS3 and the 360.
They aren't going to change anything because the popularity among teenagers is lower. It's seen as the family console right now, and thus going to generate more sales.

Personally I like the Wii they have had some really great games, The Golden Eye remake was lots fun. Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. were good games as well. Super Smash bros Brawl was one of the Best games of the year for any console (better online and it would have been the unquestionable best). I have heard positive things about Twilight Princess also.

All in all the Wii is not really a console for serious Gamers, but it still as quite a few good games.

Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 8:07 pm

That's just the controller?
Shocked
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 9:36 pm

The only reason I play my Wii is because it's hacked. It's a kids toy. They totally ruined Fifa with cute swinging when you want to catch the ball.

So I'm not too excited about Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?   Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii U - another hopeless attempt by Nintendo?
Page 1 of 1