Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Creating Depth.

Go down 
+3
Adsertif.
Bam
ParkourSAM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. EmptyAugust 28th 2008, 7:44 pm

Whenever I try to make Depth with the stock with the Sharpening and Blurring Tool it dosn't look like it has much depth. I don't really know how to add depth so I need one of you Pro's to help me. Please, I'm really having some trouble. :S
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

Registration date : 2008-02-09

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. EmptyAugust 28th 2008, 8:02 pm

I'm not a real pro.
But I can help a little bit...

One way to create depth is to take a C4d, now do not shrink it if it is large, you dont need to. Well anyway, take part of the c4d that has a circular type motion to it, and put it under your render. next, take another part of the c4d on a new layer and either set it to overlay and duplicate it until it looks nice, or you can just lower the opacity of the layer until you like the way it looks.

Another way to create a lot of depth is to make sure that your render blends well with your backround well, which you can do by duplicating the render, and on the bottom layer, feather it at 50, press Ctrl I, and than go Edit>Clear, now delete the top layer.

I hope I helped.

Another way is to use this tut, I found it very usefull...

http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19742

Depending on your sig, it may add some depth.

~Bam
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. EmptyAugust 28th 2008, 8:36 pm

I use Photoshop and I said Stock. I think I'll just you the blur tool, dodge tool, sponge tool, etc. for now on. Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

Registration date : 2008-02-03

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. EmptyAugust 28th 2008, 10:46 pm

I would say add alot of layers with fx really just blur some stuff, shrapen play around really. ;)
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. EmptyAugust 30th 2008, 8:49 am

Yeah, thats what I thought.
Back to top Go down
Yippiyo
Adventurer
Adventurer

Registration date : 2008-03-16

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. EmptyAugust 30th 2008, 8:52 am

1. Duplicate the tag.
2. On the duplicated layer, blur the entire sig.
3. Still on the duplicated layer, with a transparent radial gradient, remove the blurred area off the focal.
4. On the original tag layer, sharpen with your preferred settings. (I usually go maximum but whatever)
Back to top Go down
Sergio
Super-Human
Super-Human
Sergio

Registration date : 2008-01-29

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. EmptyAugust 30th 2008, 9:03 am

Would that work on Paint.net, Yippiyo?
Back to top Go down
Yippiyo
Adventurer
Adventurer

Registration date : 2008-03-16

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. EmptyAugust 30th 2008, 9:04 am

Yes; since I have and only use paint.net.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. EmptyAugust 30th 2008, 9:12 am

Try a black and white gradient map layer and set it to luminosity or apply the image, go to filters>Others>High pass and set it to soft light. Those are the only two ways I know so far. XD
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. EmptyAugust 30th 2008, 10:41 am

What Boom said works alot, using blur, sharpen, dodge, and burn helps alot to. You just have to find the areas that need more depth and contrast and fix them up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Creating Depth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating Depth.   Creating Depth. Empty

Back to top Go down

Creating Depth.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Planet :: Other Discussions :: Artwork Center :: Graphics Help &Tutorials-
Jump to: