Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

Registration date : 2008-01-31

MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!!   MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!! EmptySeptember 29th 2008, 10:49 pm

Yeah well ill just give you the link to my gamespot review lol.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/nhl09/player_review.html?id=611002

Score:9.5 "superb" Be sure to pick this up hockey fans.
And just incase you cant view that..-
Difficulty: Just Right
Time Spent: 100 or More Hours
The Bottom Line: "Worth the wait"
First of all, THANK GOD the framerate is alright this year. Even though its still there in cutscenes and replays it doesnt play as big as a factor as when it did during gameplay. This game is a lot better nhl 09.
BAP- Incredibly amazing for a 1st try in hockey games. Changing lines as a skater works out perfectly and fatigue is top notch. Goalie mode is back and thats surprisingly fun to play in BAP. You'll feel the victory burning inside of you when you get your 1st shutout or getting a huge milestone like 500 saves.
Presentation-To put it in one word-..outstanding. The 1st time you play this game and watch the intro the game your jaw will drop watching the players in the tunnels, and you will be smiling when you hear the arena music muffle in the tunnels and come at full volume when coming onto the ice.
Graphics- Graphics are great just like usual but have improved a bit. They will be very recognizable. Thats pretty much all there is to say.
Gameplay-Great! Most people or some people..think the stick shooting is too senstive and thought EA was out of their minds. The stick shooting gives the gameplay a 10 in my opinion. It just feels so authentic and natural..
Online- Online is incredibly fun and online leagues are a great addiction that will keep you playing for 100's of hours. Shootouts and VS play are back, and another new mode is team play, just like online leagues but the camera is not like it is in BAP or EASHL.

WHY THIS DID NOT GET A 10!- Online has way too many connection problems. Sometimes when starting up a game you wont even make it up to the intro to the game and you will have to restart your ps3 or quit the game. Disconnections during gameplay are also common. Luckily, you still get the win if someone on the other team quits purposely. On the other hand..if youre winning 6-0 and you have a hat trick..theres just a possiblity a person on your team will disconnect and you will get a loss. Pretty upsetting. Lagging is pretty bad if players dont have great connection but this isnt a huge problem. Aside from online problems, this game is amazing and is def. worth the wait. If your a hockey fan you will be speechless, if you arent, you will still think this game is amazing. Be sure to pick up this game.

PS-Dont get 2k9..just dont..its pretty embarrassing.
Thanks for reading!

[b]Heres the 2k9 Review..- http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/nhl2k9/player_review.html?id=611006
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!!   MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!! EmptySeptember 30th 2008, 3:30 pm

I want NHL 09 so bad! :/
Thanks for the review.
Back to top Go down
pickypengy
Vagabond
Vagabond
pickypengy

Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!!   MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!! EmptySeptember 30th 2008, 6:42 pm

2K9 Is fun.
You have nothing to tell about it what so ever!
Back to top Go down
Kasper
Beholder
Beholder
Kasper

Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!!   MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!! EmptySeptember 30th 2008, 8:44 pm

2k9 is pretty bad, the only thing good about it is driving the zambonis between periods. :P
Back to top Go down
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

PostSubject: Re: MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!!   MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!! EmptySeptember 30th 2008, 10:52 pm

pickypengy wrote:
2K9 Is fun.
You have nothing to tell about it what so ever!

Yeah, i had nothing to say about it because there is nothing good in that game compared to 09! Driving zambonies makes the game more of an arcade and i just want to play hockey. Not some kind of mini game.. Plus, with the playoff beards, theyre horrible! Just look at them.
And no problem man, I hope my review helps alot. :D
Back to top Go down
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

PostSubject: Re: MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!!   MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!! EmptyOctober 2nd 2008, 10:26 pm

Bump? :D
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!!   MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!! EmptyOctober 7th 2008, 9:51 pm

Sounds fun! ;)

Really fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!!   MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

MY NHL 09 and 2K9 Review!!!!!
Page 1 of 1