Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney debate.

Go down 
+15
Clonewars2
Divine.Emin
Mikki
YBBUH1
weirdal204
Shadow Sora
Chargers
Argie
tntclay
Hanna
Paint Ninja
NeoquestMoo
Ninja Elf
-999-
potatomac911
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
potatomac911
Drifter
Drifter
potatomac911

Registration date : 2008-12-08

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 9th 2008, 6:32 pm

I feel this needs to be made.

Ever since Disney bought clubpenguin there have been alot of mixed reactions about it.

So how do you feel about Disney buying it?

Personally, I think Club penguin makes the descions not Disney. Disney is Club penguins sponsor.
Also I get quite mad when people blame updates they dislike on Disney. It's not their fault!

Anyway please disscuss.
Back to top Go down
-999-
Digintary
Digintary
-999-

Registration date : 2008-01-27

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 9th 2008, 6:53 pm

It's a bit odd though, after Disney bought it Cp starts going wacko. 2 main points I'm talking about were the Wigs, The Stage, and the 2007 Christmas party. And actually, they are clearly responsible for some of it, when they started advertising. More people = Worse game.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Elf
Super-Human
Super-Human
Ninja Elf

Registration date : 2008-04-30

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 9th 2008, 7:27 pm

wigs made it better
Back to top Go down
NeoquestMoo
Wanderer
Wanderer
NeoquestMoo

Registration date : 2008-10-09

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 12th 2008, 7:36 pm

Personally, I feel that Disney has taken full control.
First of all, Portugese? I'll bet you that a "large" 1.2% of players are the only portugese people, and maybe 1.3% of players speak it!
Next, I bought a Dojo igloo, put some furniture in, saved in, and when I logged on the next day, I still had my membership, but "mysteriously" all the furniture (including a piece that is retired from the catalog and has been since Dec '06), along with the Dojo igloo, was GONE! It's been 3 days now, I bought a new one and have taken precautions to make sure that it won't go away. To get it all back, I will have to earn about 8000 coins, along with a time machine for the retired thingy.
Everything -999- said,
and also, all the old, fun stuff
(i.e.
Pretending to Be an Ninja,
Snowball Fights,
Having a sense of uniqity (everyone I see when I have my 1st anniversary hat on suddenly turns into Neo-Clones, except without the hat),
The Ice Rink)
was completely obliterated by Disney. If I could, I would fiddle with it so that Disney was a subsidary of CP, not vice versa like it is right now.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Elf
Super-Human
Super-Human
Ninja Elf

Registration date : 2008-04-30

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 12th 2008, 7:45 pm

Cp dont really get to do anything without disney saying
Back to top Go down
Paint Ninja
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2008-11-05

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 13th 2008, 2:14 am

Disney is just like a sponsor. They really haven't done anything except making Club Penguin known. Don't go blaming Disney just because all the things you knew and loved have changed. Every idea is still Club Penguin's. Disney hasn't influenced much.
Back to top Go down
Hanna
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hanna

Registration date : 2008-08-07

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 13th 2008, 3:59 pm

I think Disney owns Club Penguin since they bought it. Since they advertised, Club Penguin received millions of new players and the mass demanded many things. They probably annoyed Club Penguin to bring back items, add rooms and more things and so on.

I think the first few wigs were good but some of them weren't. The new hats have no perspective and the old items are being brought back. That sucks for old players since they have no proof that they have been around for a long time.

I also think they have been re-coloring items too much. A few new colors for some items are good but too much is just annoying. It's like their showing how lazy they are to design new items.

Some changes are good, some changes are bad. But what can we do? Business is business.
Back to top Go down
tntclay
Adept
Adept
tntclay

Registration date : 2008-08-03

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 14th 2008, 4:37 pm

personally i think disney have helped CP, they helped CP by making new products, by put CP adverts in Disney DVD's and on disney channel
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 14th 2008, 6:24 pm

@ Hanna- Use your pins if you want to show how old you are. XD

Anyway, people, who are you supposed to blame for the stupid advertisements, wave of new users and demands, and horrifying products (not all of them are that wonderful, people) used to reel in money of the innocent? Are you supposed to blame your next door neighbor or something? No, of course not, that's Disney.
Back to top Go down
-999-
Digintary
Digintary
-999-

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 25th 2008, 2:13 pm

Ninja Elf wrote:
wigs made it better

Are you kidding? They're like the worst thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

Registration date : 2008-09-01

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 25th 2008, 2:16 pm

Well they make bad and good decisions. A thing I don't like are the costumes they are bringing out. -.- They don't look that great. But I do like the Wigs and the stage. :heh2:
Back to top Go down
Shadow Sora
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2008-09-29

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyDecember 27th 2008, 9:08 pm

CP seems fine to me, even after Disney took over...
SSD~
Back to top Go down
weirdal204
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 1:54 pm

I think since they bought it its making CP a little funner
Back to top Go down
Shadow Sora
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2008-09-29

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 2:09 pm

Argie wrote:

Anyway, people, who are you supposed to blame for the stupid advertisements, wave of new users and demands, and horrifying products (not all of them are that wonderful, people) used to reel in money of the innocent? Are you supposed to blame your next door neighbor or something? No, of course not, that's Disney.
We seem to forget that the age suggestion for CP stops at 14. Of course not all of the toys will appeal to older people.
SSD~
Back to top Go down
YBBUH1
Lurker
Lurker
YBBUH1

Registration date : 2009-01-02

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 8:06 pm

i just think cp rocks even more with disney :Cj:
Back to top Go down
Mikki
Exemplar
Exemplar
Mikki

Registration date : 2008-09-01

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 8:12 pm

Yea, i think Disney is not taking any care of cp, Its the Mods and Admins who are doing
all the work, Disney just sponsers it, like what potatomac said.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 8:46 pm

Supersoradud wrote:
Argie wrote:

We seem to forget that the age suggestion for CP stops at 14. Of course not all of the toys will appeal to older people.
SSD~
Who said I am "older"?
Back to top Go down
Divine.Emin
Observer
Observer
Divine.Emin

Registration date : 2008-11-04

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 2nd 2009, 9:30 pm

NeoquestMoo wrote:
Personally, I feel that Disney has taken full control.
First of all, Portugese? I'll bet you that a "large" 1.2% of players are the only portugese people, and maybe 1.3% of players speak it!
Next, I bought a Dojo igloo, put some furniture in, saved in, and when I logged on the next day, I still had my membership, but "mysteriously" all the furniture (including a piece that is retired from the catalog and has been since Dec '06), along with the Dojo igloo, was GONE! It's been 3 days now, I bought a new one and have taken precautions to make sure that it won't go away. To get it all back, I will have to earn about 8000 coins, along with a time machine for the retired thingy.
Everything -999- said,
and also, all the old, fun stuff
(i.e.
Pretending to Be an Ninja,
Snowball Fights,
Having a sense of uniqity (everyone I see when I have my 1st anniversary hat on suddenly turns into Neo-Clones, except without the hat),
The Ice Rink)
was completely obliterated by Disney. If I could, I would fiddle with it so that Disney was a subsidary of CP, not vice versa like it is right now.

That along with -999-s first post pretty much covers my opinions.
Back to top Go down
Clonewars2
Adept
Adept
Clonewars2

Registration date : 2008-02-02

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 6th 2009, 8:03 pm

Disney is 100% to blame ever since they brought it they advertized it everywhere which got cp overcrowded and im shure it was there idea for the ugly wigs and clothing.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 6th 2009, 8:21 pm

Argie wrote:

Selling products doesn't ruin the game. Advertisements don't ruin the game. And neither does new users.

Disney is not responsible for any in game issues. It has been pretty much the same team since the start of CP. Disney may have ruined the image of CP in some people's minds but it hasn't ruined the game.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 2:37 am

Its both of their faults. Disney buying it made little kids go on the game, and CP made the game more childish. End of discussion.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 10th 2009, 12:17 pm

Goobenheimer wrote:
Argie wrote:

Selling products doesn't ruin the game. Advertisements don't ruin the game. And neither does new users.

Disney is not responsible for any in game issues. It has been pretty much the same team since the start of CP. Disney may have ruined the image of CP in some people's minds but it hasn't ruined the game.
I am not talking about the game, I am talking about the advertisements! Yes, it ruins it. First of all, Disney Channel is now ruined with a bunch of CP stuff, which is annoying, and now there is a bunch of people filling up the servers and making it impossible to get on at important events, more impossible than before, and obviously the staff doesn't really notice this.
Back to top Go down
-999-
Digintary
Digintary
-999-

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 15th 2009, 12:18 am

I hate nearly everything they did. :P
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 15th 2009, 12:23 am

You should have seen me a long time ago.Boy "I complained" got really epic....
Back to top Go down
Hannah Montana Fan
Lurker
Lurker
Hannah Montana Fan

Registration date : 2009-01-14

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. EmptyJanuary 15th 2009, 1:19 am

Lets say a kid is watching Disney channel and he sees an ad for Club Penguin. He calls up his friends to tell them about CP. They call up their friends and tell them about CP and so on. This goes on until the whole of CP is clogged, the servers are full, and we can't use it anymore.

Hannah M

(This probably won't happen)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disney debate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney debate.   Disney debate. Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney debate.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next