Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pointless Rules

Go down 
+5
2PXI
7Styl3
Argie
Clonewars2
Mickey4741
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

Registration date : 2008-01-27

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 11:07 am

I think some rules on here are pointless. Like mook's new rating room rule. Why do I need to offer them how to make it better? If they ask me to, I will. I don't feel the need to tell them "Good job! 8/10! You should really improve on this!"... thats not what real people do.. honestly it won't cut down on spam, it will just annoy the user, whose interests should be in hand.
Back to top Go down
Clonewars2
Adept
Adept
Clonewars2

Registration date : 2008-02-02

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 11:13 am

I know Finnaly someone who agress with me. That new rule mook made up I think is very pointless. I got infracted for it with no warning, How unfair is that. Considering I see mods an admins do it all the time I mean cmon.
Back to top Go down

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 11:23 am

I actually think that the new rule that Mook made-up is not actually pointless.... Say, someone makes a video about Elmo, and you rate it 0/10... Elmo fans would keep asking you about why you rated the video over and over again... Payton Bice

~STG
Back to top Go down
Clonewars2
Adept
Adept
Clonewars2

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 11:26 am

I just think its unfair that we are forced to say why or why not we dont like it.
Snoman The Great wrote:
I actually think that the new rule that Mook made-up is not actually pointless.... Say, someone makes a video about Elmo, and you rate it 0/10... Elmo fans would keep asking you about why you rated the video over and over again... Payton Bice

~STG
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 11:41 am

Well, I usually comment on it, but that is just me. If your opinon is to have no opinion on what should change then you shouldn't be forced. If they ask to help you improve it then really you probably shouldn't be posting the rating only, though I wouldn't care, that is for sure.

Plus not everyone can figure out what items to replace this and that with and what looks bad, sometimes it is just so overall.
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 11:45 am

If someone asked me to comment, I happily would. I just don't feel we should be forced. If they say "Rate it" I will rate it. If they say "Rate and tell me how I can improve it" I will be happy to help them.
Back to top Go down

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 11:46 am

Oh, I'd like to add that I think Mook made that new rule because if someone posts a bad rating for a random penguin outfit, the person who made the outfit won't know how to improve the penguin's outift... Just a thought.. Lol

~STG
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 11:49 am

Well, the person who rated it bad doesn't need to tell them how to improve. if they ask, they can tell them.

For example:
On American Idol, they don't tell the audition people how to improve, do they?
Back to top Go down
7Styl3
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
7Styl3

Registration date : 2008-05-22

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 11:54 am

Snoman The Great wrote:
Oh, I'd like to add that I think Mook made that new rule because if someone posts a bad rating for a random penguin outfit, the person who made the outfit won't know how to improve the penguin's outift... Just a thought.. Lol

~STG
Gotta agree with this.
Mickey4741 wrote:
Well, the person who rated it bad doesn't need to tell them how to improve. if they ask, they can tell them.

For example:
American Idol is different, It isn't a place where you want to improve your singing, It's a contest. Rating room isn't like american idol.
Back to top Go down

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 12:05 pm

7Styl3 wrote:
Snoman The Great wrote:

~STG
Gotta agree with this.
Mickey4741 wrote:

For example:
American Idol is different, It isn't a place where you want to improve your singing, It's a contest. Rating room isn't like american idol.
Agreed. American Idol is a contest, based on how well your voice is, when singing. The Rating Room is to show everyone what you've created, and what they think of your creation. It's not a contest...

~STG
Back to top Go down
2PXI
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
2PXI

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 12:28 pm

My SERIOUS answer: Just type a little more. Can't think of something? Just don't post..

What I do when I am still working off the coffee: *Clicka-clicka tacka-tacka* URRGHH! CAN'T-----PRESS-----ANY-----MORE-----BUTTONS!!!! MUST-----RECHARGE-----MY HANDS------THEN------GO------TYPE------ANGRILY!!! *Clicka-clicka tacka-tacka* (Does it go something like that?)
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 1:27 pm

I'm not lazy, I just think we shouldn't be forced to tell people how to improve. This is just an example. There are other rules.
Back to top Go down
Clonewars2
Adept
Adept
Clonewars2

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 6:06 pm

Yea. And its not even spam ethier, thats just an excuse that was made up.
Mickey4741 wrote:
I'm not lazy, I just think we shouldn't be forced to tell people how to improve. This is just an example. There are other rules.
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

Registration date : 2008-07-14

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 7:36 pm

I'm 50/50 on this. In the GFX area this rule could be kind of pointless because you could go like this:

10/10! I can't wait to see what you create next!
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 8:39 pm

Yay, supporters! :P
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 8:40 pm

Mook isn't even giving out warnings before infractions for this rule.

@clonewars- So do you support the rule or not? Can't tell. :face:
Back to top Go down

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 8:51 pm

I'm not supporting this debate for "The Pointless Rule" :P

~STG
Back to top Go down
Mook
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 8:55 pm

Nope, I love your opinions and all but its staying.

I don't 'give' warnings, I actually don't tell you and I keep track in my head.

I guess I'll post it in your comment box for the warning and stuff but I won't Pm you.

If your to lazy to follow the rules then fine, your just heading towards infractions.

I'll post it in the comment box, I still won't tell you.

Also all the infractions I've gave, will stay, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Clonewars2
Adept
Adept
Clonewars2

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 9:11 pm

I say mook takes away the rule, and I will gather a patition to give to the head admins. Also If you are willing I think I might organize a boycott on posting in the rating forums.
Argie wrote:

Back to top Go down
Mook
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 9:14 pm

clonewars2 wrote:
No. I say mook takes away the rule, and I will gather a patition to give to give to the head admins. Also If you are willing I think I might organize a boycott on posting in the rating forums.
Argie wrote:

Try it, It won't work. We agreed to the rules in staff forum a couple weeks back.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 10:25 pm

Mook wrote:
I don't 'give' warnings, I actually don't tell you and I keep track in my head.

I guess I'll post it in your comment box for the warning and stuff but I won't Pm you.
That isn't very helpful in general. If a user breaks a rule, and does not realize it, surely they will make the same mistake again?
Back to top Go down
Snowball423
Vanguard
Vanguard
Snowball423

Registration date : 2008-06-05

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 10:32 pm

I have to agree with Argie on the last part Mook, you should warn the users ;)

I see where Mook is getting this idea from, but to be honest, if a user gives it a high rating, it is probably already good. Maybe if the rating is 6/10 or below, then they have to give advice. And make sure you warn them. I say take away all of the infractions you've given for this rule, Mook ;)
Back to top Go down
Yoda.
Digintary
Digintary
Yoda.

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 10:42 pm

I agree with Snowball
I think it should be something like this

0 1 2 3 4 5 6//// 7+
Add advice alittle advice like

EXP :omigosh:

Cool smiley

7/10
Maybe more bigger
Back to top Go down
Clonewars2
Adept
Adept
Clonewars2

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 10:48 pm

Thank you CK, and can you please dicuss this with mook and the other mods. Because I Had no warning and I didnt even know anyhing about that spam rule. i dont think I deserve to be infracted.
Snowball423 wrote:
I have to agree with Argie on the last part Mook, you should warn the users ;)

I see where Mook is getting this idea from, but to be honest, if a user gives it a high rating, it is probably already good. Maybe if the rating is 6/10 or below, then they have to give advice. And make sure you warn them. I say take away all of the infractions you've given for this rule, Mook ;)
Back to top Go down
Yoda.
Digintary
Digintary
Yoda.

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules EmptyJanuary 28th 2009, 11:04 pm

I didn't either/ A Warnning edit or pm would've been better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pointless Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rules   Pointless Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Pointless Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Planet :: Main Archives-
Jump to: