Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

User groups super crazy fun time.

Go down 
+8
Tricky
Bronze
BT
FlyingKanga
Bandit
Maria
littlelaurence
Hellopayton
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

Registration date : 2008-01-28

User groups super crazy fun time. Empty
PostSubject: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 12:42 pm

I was thinking, since The Chill Out is no longer using the idea, we could put it into effect. Basically what you can do is order your own user group from the coin shop and you're given the rights to the group. You can also optionally purchase a forum for that group. So say you want to open a graphics team, coding project team, etc... this would make that a lot more fun. The forums could be placed as a subforum inside one larger forum, like:
> Forum
>>Group
>>Group
>>Group

/topic
Back to top Go down
littlelaurence
Lurker
Lurker
littlelaurence

Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 1:11 pm

This is Forumotion we're talking about. They don't even have a proper award system.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 1:58 pm

I don't think I can agree with you, LittleLaurence. After all, It isn't that complicated, I'm pretty sure Forumotion is capable of assigning different administrators to different groups, and in turn, allowing only certain groups to access a few forum of their own.

I like this idea, it sounds fun. :P
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 4:14 pm

littlelaurence wrote:
This is Forumotion we're talking about. They don't even have a proper award system.
1. Create a new user group.
2. Create a new sub forum inside the main forum.
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Bandit

Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 5:56 pm

This worked on The Chill Out for a while, but the idea got out of hand and there were 4 lines of usergroups on the bottom.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 6:16 pm

Yeah.. There will be too many. And lots of them go inactive. Either make it super super expensive. :D
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 6:44 pm

Frosty wrote:
This worked on The Chill Out for a while, but the idea got out of hand and there were 4 lines of usergroups on the bottom.
User groups don't have to be displayed in the legend.
FlyingReindeer wrote:
Yeah.. There will be too many. And lots of them go inactive. Either make it super super expensive. :D
What I just said, and if they go inactive, get rid of them.
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 7:09 pm

I like this idea.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 7:22 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
Frosty wrote:
User groups don't have to be displayed in the legend.
FlyingReindeer wrote:
What I just said, and if they go inactive, get rid of them.

But why even bother. It would be so much easier to post them in the current categories.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 8:20 pm

I like it!

These wouldn't be cheap though. 3000+ coins sound good? Maybe 5000... The groups probably wouldn't be allowed to have colored usernames, they would only be given limited mod power of that group, and every group would have to follow a preset group of rules to even have a chance at getting a forum.

We don't even have to make groups. Let them buy a "group" forum. The category that all of these go under would be at the bottom of the page and, again, the leader would only have limited mod power.

Good idea. ;)
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 8:21 pm

Noel wrote:
I like it!

These wouldn't be cheap though. 3000+ coins sound good? Maybe 5000... The groups probably wouldn't be allowed to have colored usernames, they would only be given limited mod power of that group, and every group would have to follow a preset group of rules to even have a chance at getting a forum.

We don't even have to make groups. Let them buy a "group" forum. The category that all of these go under would be at the bottom of the page and, again, the leader would only have limited mod power.

Good idea. ;)
Who has 5000 coins?
I like the 3000 coins...

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Shadow Sora
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 8:22 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
I was thinking, since The Chill Out is no longer using the idea, we could put it into effect. Basically what you can do is order your own user group from the coin shop and you're given the rights to the group. You can also optionally purchase a forum for that group. So say you want to open a graphics team, coding project team, etc... this would make that a lot more fun. The forums could be placed as a subforum inside one larger forum, like:
> Forum
>>Group
>>Group
>>Group

/topic

Nice idea!
Too bad I'm using it at GiP. XD
SSD~
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 8:25 pm

Big Santa wrote:
Noel wrote:
I like it!

Good idea. ;)
Who has 5000 coins?
I like the 3000 coins...

~Linky
Exactly. We want to make this hard to get. If we barely allow custom ranks, then why would we give out almost free forum space. :P

This is also a way of picking out the groups. If all of the users of the group add up their coins together, I'm sure they can come up with close to 5000. If not, they may need a bigger group. ;)
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 8:27 pm

Noel wrote:
Big Santa wrote:
Noel wrote:
I like it!

Good idea. ;)
Who has 5000 coins?
I like the 3000 coins...

~Linky
Exactly. We want to make this hard to get. If we barely allow custom ranks, then why would we give out almost free forum space. :P

This is also a way of picking out the groups. If all of the users of the group add up their coins together, I'm sure they can come up with close to 5000. If not, they may need a bigger group. ;)
It's not like it's going to affect the forum in any way, there's basically unlimited space to do whatever you want on Forumotion. :P
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 5th 2009, 12:50 am

Hellopayton wrote:
Noel wrote:
Big Santa wrote:
Noel wrote:
I like it!

Good idea. ;)
Who has 5000 coins?
I like the 3000 coins...

~Linky

It's not like it's going to affect the forum in any way, there's basically unlimited space to do whatever you want on Forumotion. :P
Forumotion does have limits. I can't remember them, but they do have them on most things.

Also, the more forums that we add, the more mods that we will need. :0o
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 10th 2009, 11:26 pm

We don't need new mods just because there are more forums. We can just have stricter moderation.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 10th 2009, 11:54 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
We don't need new mods just because there are more forums. We can just have stricter moderation.
It depends on how many forums we would be looking at. 5 more would be a challenge to uphold with just 3 mods. We have been thinking about getting 1 or 2 new mods for a while now anyway. ;)
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 11th 2009, 12:56 am

Actually we already basically have this organized and made. It just hasn't been released yet. ;)
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 11th 2009, 12:58 am

This sounds like a very cool idea. Good thinking, HP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 13th 2009, 12:28 am

Triton wrote:
Actually we already basically have this organized and made. It just hasn't been released yet. ;)

That's what you told me on AIM? SUPER SECRET?
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. EmptyDecember 13th 2009, 12:41 am

Soviet Snookims wrote:
Triton wrote:

That's what you told me on AIM? SUPER SECRET?
http://www.clubpenguinplanet.net/forum-news-f4/12-days-of-christmas-t29869.htm

Keep watching. Gonna be Good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: User groups super crazy fun time.   User groups super crazy fun time. Empty

Back to top Go down

User groups super crazy fun time.
Page 1 of 1