Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Info] New Moderators

Go down 
+7
Linky
BabyCP
Bronze
Vixx
FlyingKanga
AlterBlade
Tricky
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

[Info] New Moderators Empty
PostSubject: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 2:53 am

I haven't really explained much in the threads other than the fact that we are getting new mods and that you guys are voting them in completely. Well... that isn't entirely true either. So, this thread is here to explain everything that I can think of and anything that you might have a question on.

First off, dates. The Nominations will end Sunday night. The polls will be opened up Sunday night as well and they will end on Wednesday evening. The mods will be added in at that time.

We are planning on modding the top 2 users in the polls and then the staff is going to pick 2 others out of the polls. You could have 0 votes in the polls by the users, but then get modded because the staff all voted for you. If you even want a chance at the mod position, then it is best to nominate yourself or get someone to mod you in the nominations thread before tomorrow night.
The we will pick out favorite two out of the poll's top five.

The mods will start off as Trainee Mods (yes, it's coming back). If things go well, they will be promoted to full-on mod. I don't have any info yet on what forums they will be modding, but it will probably be a CP forum or something like Chit Chat. They will definately find out by the time that they are added.

After the mods are added in, this forum will probably be trashed and the main threads (such as this) will be the only ones to stick around. Who knows.

There is a possibility that there could be more than one polls posted. This is just because of the amount of nominees that we get. If you are voting and we do this, I highly suggest that you check out both polls. Things will remain the same however, the top two users with the most votes will be added.

What if there is a tie for first place? They both get added and there won't be an official "second place".

What if there is a tie for second place or first place has 3+ tied users? Staff vote.

How will we be voting? It is a multiple choice vote. You can vote for all of the users or one, whichever ones that you think would be a good choice to become a mod. I'm just guessing that someone will vote for every user on the poll and/or everyone will have at least one vote by the end.

I'm just trying to think of anything that you guys might ask at this point... I'm clueless.

Will the new mods be able to choose a staff smiley right away or have theirs moved into the staff section? See, clueless. No, after they become full mods or have been in for about a week or two then they can.

Can mods be Clan Leaders too? Yes, I don't see anything wrong in that.

Can I give free coins to people if I become a mod? Mods can't control Coins, and they don't get any bonuses. The coins that they get is the ones that they earn by posting. So, yes you can, but you would have to have an admin do it. Also, it would be out of your own coins if they makes a difference.

Ok, ask away... I can't think of anything worth posting anymore.

Last edited by Tricky on January 11th 2010, 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 3:07 am

Thank you for the full explanation.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 6:30 am

Thanks Tricky.
That summed everything up.

But why do you have Trainee Moderator rank?
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 6:32 am

Yeah, I was coming to mention that now. This is the new Trainee Moderator rank and color that the new mods will start with. I was testing it, but I think it looks too awesome, to myself, to remove. I would change my username color to it if possible. without creating additional groups and such. Payton Bice
Back to top Go down
Vixx
Wanderer
Wanderer
Vixx

Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 6:37 am

Looks awesome, I like blue. Thanks for summing it up
Tricky: The Trainee Moderator. I don't know, I kinda like it, but there's too many T's there, don't you think? :p
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 6:40 am

Vixx wrote:
Looks awesome, I like blue. Thanks for summing it up
Tricky: The Trainee Moderator. I don't know, I kinda like it, but there's too many T's there, don't you think? :p
9 total Ts in my profile info to the left with counting my avatar. There isn't a "The" in front of Trainee Mod though. ;)
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 8:03 am

Thanks for updating, Tricky. Can I ask, who is Unkn0wn?
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 8:07 am

Weird.. I think Tricky was testing something with it.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 8:10 am

Yeah. I noticed he had one post, but I wasn't able to access it, so I presume it was in the Staff HQ.
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 8:52 am

*Stickied it. =D
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 10:17 am

Thanks for letting is know

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 1:21 pm

NO WAIT. I thought we were going to pick two mods out of the top five...
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 1:22 pm

^ That's a good idea. :O
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 1:24 pm

BabyCP wrote:
^ That's a good idea. :O
I like Tricky's idea better. You guys will get to choose anyone you want.

~Linky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 1:25 pm

I'm just saying this, even though you guys won't do it...
Mods should get paid monthly/weekly for their hard work, like in real life. Payton Bice
Maarvii
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 1:26 pm

Maarvii wrote:
Mods should get paid monthly/weekly for their hard work, like in real life. [Info] New Moderators 461392
[Info] New Moderators 898809
Well the admins would have to use their money and they won't want that.
~Linky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 1:27 pm

Big Linky wrote:
Maarvii wrote:
Mods should get paid monthly/weekly for their hard work, like in real life. [Info] New Moderators 461392
~Linky
But I thought the admins could put in however many coins they wanted to. :P
Maarvii
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 1:29 pm

Maarvii wrote:
Big Linky wrote:
Maarvii wrote:
~Linky

But I thought the admins could put in however many coins they wanted to. [Info] New Moderators 153259
You said "Like in real life"
That sounded like ou meant in real life.

~Linky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 1:31 pm

Big Linky wrote:
Maarvii wrote:
Big Linky wrote:
Maarvii wrote:
~Linky

But I thought the admins could put in however many coins they wanted to. [Info] New Moderators 153259
You said "Like in real life"
That sounded like ou meant in real life.

~Linky
I meant...
"Mods could get payed weekly/monthly, LIKE REAL PEOPLE DO IN REAL LIFE." ;D
Maarvii
Back to top Go down
iSnow
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 1:32 pm

I'm pretty sure he said LIKE in real life, not IN real life. [Info] New Moderators 461392

/edit STG beat me. [Info] New Moderators 461761
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 7:32 pm

Ok, well thanks for the update Tricky!
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous
Thunder

Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 7:35 pm

One question Tricky, why are you a T-Mod?
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 7:36 pm

Thunder wrote:
One question Tricky, why are you a T-Mod?
He was testing it.

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Info] New Moderators   [Info] New Moderators Empty

Back to top Go down

[Info] New Moderators
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Planet :: Main Archives-
Jump to: