Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures

Go down 
+6
Maria
Hellopayton
Neo
Linky
John
Creeper
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 21st 2010, 5:45 pm

Club Penguin Planet Survey
I just want to know some stuff which will really help out the forum if I get an answer so please take part in this topic.

A year ago, we used to have a lot of users join a month, a lot of posts a month, etc. Now, out stats are a lot lower and we need to bring that back up. I have a few questions.

Do you advertise?
This is how we used to get users. I remember seeing advertising signatures before I joined this forum all the time. I assume nobody advertises anymore because I haven't seen a new user that stays active in a long time. If we do not advertise, we will not get enough users. In result, we will only lose users and the forum will eventually die. I don't think any of us want that to happen so I would consider advertising.

What do you think of the advertising signatures?
This question is pretty straight forward. Do you think they are eye catching? Do you have any suggestions for our advertising signatures that might improve them?

That's all for now. I have another survey I would like to put out so please reply to this as soon as possible. Thanks everyone.

Back to top Go down
John
Drifter
Drifter
John

Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 21st 2010, 5:54 pm

Do you advertise?
OF COURSE!

I love CPP Sigs, except they should be less.... CPish.

Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 21st 2010, 6:23 pm

Advertising:

I try to. I sent something to Brian that I post some where and they posts that site on the forum

Sigs:

We need some new ones!
The ones we have are still good!

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Neo
Adept
Adept
Neo

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 21st 2010, 6:30 pm

Do I Advertise?
Nope.
Advertising Sigs=Good?
Yes, but as John said, they must be a bit less CP-ish, only about 1/4 of CPP posts are CP-related.
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 21st 2010, 6:40 pm

Do I advertise?
Nope.

What do I think of the advertising signatures?
They should be simpler and more like Rod Rego's old creations in my opinion. The current ones don't really fit this forum's usual feel. Try going back to the original kinds of signatures, too.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 21st 2010, 7:13 pm

Do I advertise?
Seeing that I don't even regularly post on any other forums, no,

What do I think of the advertising signatures?
They're not...catchy enough. You want to appeal to the public; the majority of popular/active forums that allow advertising are barely related to Club Penguin in any way possible, and the users who go there seldom play the game. And since most users here are not still here for the Club Penguin related stuff, I'd recommend staying away from that stuff - try to keep the CP references in the advertising signatures subtle and noticeable to only those who actually play the game. Flashy, glossy, colorful, and professional advertising signatures are the ones who usually grab my attention.

P.S. Guys, try to get better "friends", the ones you currently have aren't bringing you any new members or doing you any good.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 21st 2010, 10:00 pm

Do I advertise?

Yes, I only do so if I can help with something.

What do I think of advertising signatures?

I think they are good for advertising and it also shows how good the user who made it is skilled at that certain program and you should be able the catch my drift.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 4:29 pm

John wrote:
Do you advertise?
OF COURSE!

I love CPP Sigs, except they should be less.... CPish.

This is a CP forum, though. :P
J/K, I agree. =)

~Sjb
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 5:48 pm

Actually I think the advertising signatures need to be more related to CP, like Kakaromango's current sigpic is.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 6:42 pm

Lol, I made a signature like that because I was out of theme ideas for myself lol. Plus I got a few pointers from Brian.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 7:07 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
Actually I think the advertising signatures need to be more related to CP, like Kakaromango's current sigpic is.
Overall, it would be good to have a handful of both so then we can attract two audiences.

Thanks for the feedback so far!
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 22nd 2010, 7:17 pm

I advertise on some dead forums, if that counts?

Jk, and anyway.

I think that signatures should be more Club Penguin related, but I also agree with Maria.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures EmptyJanuary 23rd 2010, 8:23 am

Do you advertise?
Yes I have advertised but right now I have to advertise my forums, sorry.

The current Advertising Signatures are great but some more dynamic ones would be good too.
Big Sb is good with Flash and could make one for CPP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures   Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures Empty

Back to top Go down

Survey 1 | Advertising Signatures
Page 1 of 1