Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories   Silent Hill: Shattered Memories EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 11:25 am

I got this game for PS2 last week, finally finished it yesterday - I milked every second I could since it was basically a 7 hour game without all the exploration. It was fun, I found the sessions with Dr. K the most entertaining.

Seeing how the game changes the supporting characters/minor details/dialogue/ending depending on behave during your playthrough, here's what I got on my first run: (Warning: Minor spoilers):
Spoiler:
The whole game didn't make much sense until the end, actually, I didn't see the ending coming at all. It wasn't that scary for a survival horror game, but it had its moments; it was more disturbing/saddening than scary for me. As usual, the music was great (Devil's Laughter, Always on my Mind and Acceptance are a few of my favorites). The phone added a whole other level of fun to the game - I kept calling every number I encountered throughout the game. The puzzles were innovative and easy save for the gumball one (the colors were hard to see), I especially loved the Shadows puzzle, scared the crap out of me at the end. Overall, it was a good game, if a bit short. Lots of replayablity value, though. 'Tis definitely my favorite SH game after Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3.
Lulz i cried at the end. ❤

So, anyone else play this? It's a "re-imagining" of the first Silent Hill game, so I'd highly recommend renting it anyone who didn't play any of other SH games. Here's some of the character art (Google for in-game screenshots):
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories   Silent Hill: Shattered Memories EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 12:56 pm

Holy cow. Your so lucky DB. I don't think SH SM has come out for us yet. >:[

You are actually spoiling the fun for me, but who cares? babycp This seems great. I'll definetly buy it on the Wii or PS2. Which do you think would be better? PS2 would have better graphics, right?
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories   Silent Hill: Shattered Memories EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 1:06 pm

BabyCP wrote:
Holy cow. Your so lucky DB. I don't think SH SM has come out for us yet. >:[

You are actually spoiling the fun for me, but who cares? babycp This seems great. I'll definetly buy it on the Wii or PS2. Which do you think would be better? PS2 would have better graphics, right?
It came out today for you, actually; February 12, 2010 is the release date shown on Gamespy.
If you have a Wii, get the game for it. SH:SM was developed for that system, 'tis obvious the Wii version is slightly better than other versions. The graphics are actually a lot better and more polished on it, and the game makes use of the Wii's controller - in a good way. I liked how they handled the controls on the PS2 version, though that's only because I'm too lazy to flail my arms as demonstrated in the game's help system whenever a monster jumps on Harry. :P

Last edited by Maria on February 12th 2010, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories   Silent Hill: Shattered Memories EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 1:08 pm

I haven't played any Silent Hill games. Doesn't really sound like it would interest me.
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories   Silent Hill: Shattered Memories EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 1:14 pm

Hehe, I'll get it on the Wii. I never knew it came out today. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy it tomorrow or Sunday. babycp

@Tricky, you should try playing them some time. ;D
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories   Silent Hill: Shattered Memories EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 1:27 pm

DarkBoom wrote:
I haven't played any Silent Hill games. Doesn't really sound like it would interest me.
Running around in a bloody/rusty town filled with sexed up knife-wielding bubble-head nurses and mental patients in mutated straight-jackets as an amnesiac, sexually depraved guy looking for his dead wife doesn't interest you?
Try Silent Hill 2 if you have a PS2. That game could be summed up in one word: Art. I know you enough to know that you'd like it. ❤
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories   Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Page 1 of 1