Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Musikology

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Egaro
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Egaro

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Musikology Empty
PostSubject: Musikology   Musikology EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 10:09 pm

---MUSIKOLOGY---

I wanted to bring something new and limitless to the RPG forum (which seems painfully lacking at the moment), and the RPG I want to present is dubbed "Musikology", unless someone has a better name. Considering that name, someone ought to.

The idea of Musikology is to merge a text-based RPG with music. This is the limitless/creative part: you can use any part of a track to make your RPG character do things - however, every part of the actions your character takes MUST be based on the music. You can do this through the lyrics, instrumentals (which create a mood), cover artwork, artist, track name - anything. This allows you to interpret the song in your own way.

So you can probably already see the problem. People are going to pick ridiculous songs that make it incredibly easy to accomplish whatever they're trying to do *cough*DB. So I'm gonna ask you not to do that. Also, try to keep it like a roleplay game - don't do anything particularly ridiculous (DB :]).

The setting of Musikology is also decided by you. The basic idea is that it's in a large city. You're going to have to use things like cover art and descriptive words in a song to decide what buildings/features/people are there (people besides ones playing the game). Anything that's been made in the past can be re-used later.

So in this way, everything revolves around music - everything you do revolves around music. When you use a song, quote the lyrics, link/show the artwork, the artist, whatever. Just make sure you cite it. It'll go in your in-game "iTunes Library", which will be kept in your first post. It's up to you to go back and edit in your new songs. Those songs can be re-used any time you want; just try not to use them to do the exact same thing.

Dealing with profanities when you cite your lyrics - just use **** for any words you might run into. It's hard to avoid profanity in modern music, so just do everyone a favor and avoid the REPORT ME I SWORE tags. Feel free to use the Censored smiley, too; any kind of censor is cool.

Sound fun? Get started! Fill out this sheet to apply. I'll put you in a list in this post.

Code:
Username:
Character Name (no numbers):
Description of Character:
Favorite Band:
ITUNES LIBRARY (you start out with five songs):

Please use "OORPG" and "IRPG" in your posts to separate RPG talk from regular talk. Have fun! Oh, and everyone's people. :P No penguins, sorry.

.::CHARACTERS::.

Egaro
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Musikology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Planet :: CPP Fun :: Posting Games :: Roleplay-
Jump to: