Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Four new signatures.

Go down 
+3
Spectral
Bam
Bronze
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

Four new signatures. Empty
PostSubject: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 6:20 pm

In hierarchical order.
CNC please.
PSDs available. If wanted, PM me.

Four new signatures. Ironbb

Four new signatures. Flashm

Four new signatures. Sworking

Four new signatures. Cudi
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 6:39 pm

I dont suppose you want to give me your smudge settings for the first?
Back to top Go down
Spectral
Vagabond
Vagabond

Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 7:09 pm

1: Smudging needs more detail, that smudging is very boring and unappealing imo. Also, don't overtopaz.
2: Overtopaz, overblurred, and centered focal.
3: A bit washed out, not feeling the blur (I hate blurring for depth, it removes the detail), and some oversaturated c4d's.
4: The worst out of all of them, the c4d's don't fit, the lighting is off, and I'm not digging the colors.

KIU
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 7:26 pm

I didn't critique. :O

Sorry bout that.

1:
Not much detail. It is an odd size for a signature, I really wouldn't consider it one. No good flow, depth is bad. Really not much there, kinda boring.

2:
Kind of boring again. Flow is almost noticeable, I kind of see where you tried to incorporate it, but I am not sure if you really were trying or it is just a coincidence as to the way to smudging or whatever worked out. I don't like the positioning of the text. There is just not enough there, no depth at all, hardly anything going on. You should try to make your tag look like a scene, with depth and detail. Make it tell a story. This tag does not tell a story, it is an edited render with kind of sloppy effects and a plain black background.

3:
The positioning is really weird and unappealing. Try learning how to use the rule of thirds. There are ton's of tutorials for that, and please actually listen to me about this. It is very important and it is almost like a secret to making your tag look more appealing even if you don't understand why. You can just look it up or look for it in "Zenron's Ultimate Photoshop Tutorial" or something like that. Even if you don't use photoshop the things in it work for GIMP or any other program as well. Your trying to hard with the depth, the background is kind of over-blurred. I notice some flow, but it is not great.

4:
The first thing I notice about this, is there is no good light source. The lighting is just way too bright and all over the place. It has a rather small depth also. The render is over-sharpened and there are a lot of useful effects, but they weren't used correctly. Flow is again, slightly noticeable, but not good enough. Depth is horrible.

Sorry if it sounds like I am trying to dis you, it's just you know what is good about these tag's there is no sense in me sugar-coating anything. Also, please do what I told you to and try the things I told you about out. I am one of the many who absolutely HATE when they spend tons of time trying to help someone better there work and they just say thanks and never change a single thing.

Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 8:56 pm

1. Needs some typography in there.

2. Great blending. Text could raised near the center more and smaller, I suppose.

3. Focal is too bright, and background should be darkened with blurred soft brushes 300x. It'd be even better with text. I love it.

4. Doesn't blend well.

Overall, I love them. Keep improving, buddy!
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 24th 2010, 6:48 am

Thanks guys.

I'm not going to re-do these, I think it would be better if I moved on, and corrected myself next time.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 10:44 am

Bump.

New sig,

Four new signatures. Flowersj

@Bam Here are the settings.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Emess
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 10:49 am

1: Lacks flow and depth
2: Getting better, but I dislike text
3: Outstanding depth, but looks very messy.
4: I don't like the choppy lines next to the render's face. background is okay, but the C4Ds aren't that good
Back to top Go down
Spectral
Vagabond
Vagabond

Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 11:17 am

Still not really feeling the smudging. Detail still needs work. I suggest not using Other Dynamics when smudging. It makes it too soft and detail less. Could use a bit of dodging+burning. Not diggin' this one tbh.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 1:52 pm

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Marc978
Mercenary
Mercenary

Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 1:58 pm

I like them all but the 2nd 1 Is my favorite
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 27th 2010, 4:43 am

They look awesome. I love the text and how you made it the different colors in the second one. Looks great man, I so wish i had those skills. Good work.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. EmptyAugust 27th 2010, 6:20 am

Thanks Dan.

I might add another one sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four new signatures.   Four new signatures. Empty

Back to top Go down

Four new signatures.
Page 1 of 1