Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windows 7 Ultimate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 20th 2010, 1:48 am

I just finished installing the copy I got for a $150 from my Dad's friend. It's a huge step from vista, what should I do first?
Back to top Go down
Emess
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2009-03-02

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 20th 2010, 2:16 am

Try out Paint, etc.. I never thought they would change Paint's classicness.
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

Registration date : 2008-01-28

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 20th 2010, 2:37 am

http://lifehacker.com/5613350/snow-transformation-pack-makes-your-windows-desktop-look-like-mac-os-x

If you're stuck with Widnows 7, you need this.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 20th 2010, 2:48 am

Windows 7 > Mac
Back to top Go down
Emess
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2009-03-02

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 20th 2010, 10:46 am

Macs suck. And what's the point of adding a Mac skin to a Windows 7? My friend did that with his W-XP and it started to lag.
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

Registration date : 2009-04-16

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 20th 2010, 11:18 am

MrMess wrote:
Macs suck. And what's the point of adding a Mac skin to a Windows 7? My friend did that with his W-XP and it started to lag.
Thats cause Windows XP is like 9 years old.

~Linky
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 20th 2010, 11:33 am

Well, Windows 7 and Windows XP are two completely different OS. The only similarity is the familiar controls
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

Registration date : 2008-01-28

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 20th 2010, 12:17 pm

Having used both a Macbook Pro and the school computers running Win. 7, I can safely say I miss Windows XP :(
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 20th 2010, 12:20 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
Having used both a Macbook Pro and the school computers running Win. 7, I can safely say I miss Windows XP Windows 7 Ultimate 75551

Windows 7 Professional, HP, or Ultimate?
Back to top Go down
Linky
The Linky
The Linky
Linky

Registration date : 2009-04-16

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 20th 2010, 12:32 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
Having used both a Macbook Pro and the school computers running Win. 7, I can safely say I miss Windows XP :(
My school have WIndows XP and I have an XP computer in my house.

~Linky
Back to top Go down

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyNovember 23rd 2010, 6:31 pm

Hellopayton wrote:

Our school uses XP, even though the computers were built with 7 in mind.

I just went from XP to Windows 7, literally, and I'm trying to get used to it. /g/ nerds convinced me. I have to say, it's pretty classy.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate EmptyDecember 9th 2010, 7:18 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
http://lifehacker.com/5613350/snow-transformation-pack-makes-your-windows-desktop-look-like-mac-os-x

If you're stuck with Widnows 7, you need this.
I used to be really into customizing windows into looking like mac os x but I realized it just makes it worse. You can not make it look entirely like a mac which always bugs me. You also can't get rid of all of the windows branding.

One thing I recommend with Windows 7 is to use the windows super-bar (or whatever it is called) as a dock. I find it very useful. You will probably want to get Ccleaner which is good for any windows install. I like Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows 7 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Ultimate   Windows 7 Ultimate Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 Ultimate
Page 1 of 1