Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think I'm going crazy...

Go down 
+9
Creeper
Thunder
Digit
Chub 777
Emess
Sjb
Kodi
Kyuu
ParkourSAM
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

I think I'm going crazy... Empty
PostSubject: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 26th 2010, 9:10 pm

My puppy gives me tons of stress, especially when no one is around or when no one helps. Both of my dogs are scared of me now (I think) because I just went on a yelling rampage after she made a huge mess. I'm not going into detail, though.

Help me?
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 26th 2010, 9:14 pm

Buy moar dogs.
Back to top Go down
Kodi
Observer
Observer
Kodi

Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 26th 2010, 10:01 pm

Did you train them,?
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 26th 2010, 10:46 pm

Kodi wrote:
Did you train them,?

My adult is trained, but my Chocolate Lab puppy is still going through the process. Although, it's taking longer because my Lab is used to my training that I learned personally from my Petco's award-winning dog trainer and my mom trains her incorrectly to the way she's used to and confuses the puppy.
Back to top Go down
Kodi
Observer
Observer
Kodi

Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 26th 2010, 10:52 pm

oh, hmm, well my dog wasnt a puppy for like 8 years now so idk what to tell ya P:
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 26th 2010, 11:11 pm

Did you buy moar dogs yet?
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 27th 2010, 1:22 am

Kyuu, you think this is funny?
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 27th 2010, 1:27 am

Julia Claw wrote:
Dogs are hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Emess
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 27th 2010, 2:16 am

I thought you were supposed to do that all the time... :P

But seriously, I thought you were supposed to do that in order to make the dogs notice that you're in charge, not them.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 27th 2010, 8:33 am

Tell your mum to stop training the puppy?
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 27th 2010, 11:01 am

MrMess wrote:
I thought you were supposed to do that all the time... :P

But seriously, I thought you were supposed to do that in order to make the dogs notice that you're in charge, not them.

No, you're not. I'm not in the mood to explain why.

Chub 777 wrote:
Tell your mum to stop training the puppy?

She doesn't listen.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 27th 2010, 4:45 pm

Well, you see, Dogs are pack animals, so it's natural for them to try to dominate each other and the family members, especially if there are more than one.

However, when BTD scolded one of the dogs, it was clear that he was the Alpha. However he is not the born Alpha, he became alpha through force, causing the other dogs to fear him.

The best thing you can do is let them know your not a monster. This can take time, months at best.

But look at the bright side, it could be worse. A similar thing happened to me, the only difference is instead of getting scared, my dog got extremely aggressive.

Oh and you can't go wrong with moar dogs.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 27th 2010, 5:11 pm

Patience I would say, don't get in a fit if the dog if just a puppy, you said it yourself, it's just learning.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 27th 2010, 7:27 pm

Kyuu wrote:
Julia Claw wrote:
Dogs are hilarious.
I was being sarcastic btw.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 27th 2010, 8:35 pm

Julia Claw wrote:
Kyuu wrote:
Julia Claw wrote:
Dogs are hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous
Thunder

Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 28th 2010, 6:22 pm

Have patience with the puppy. They act normal eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 28th 2010, 6:39 pm

Kyuu wrote:
Julia Claw wrote:
Kyuu wrote:
Julia Claw wrote:
Dogs are hilarious.
I knew that btw.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 28th 2010, 6:43 pm

One thing puppies love is attention. They find ways of getting this from their owners such as acting up. The best way to handle this is give your dog a stern no (don't yell) and then look away. This requires a lot of patience but the dog will catch on to what he or she can and can't do. You have to have everyone in your house consistent with this.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 12:10 am

Kyuu wrote:
Well, you see, Dogs are pack animals, so it's natural for them to try to dominate each other and the family members, especially if there are more than one.

However, when BTD scolded one of the dogs, it was clear that he was the Alpha. However he is not the born Alpha, he became alpha through force, causing the other dogs to fear him.

The best thing you can do is let them know your not a monster. This can take time, months at best.

But look at the bright side, it could be worse. A similar thing happened to me, the only difference is instead of getting scared, my dog got extremely aggressive.

Here is what you need to do when you are training a lab.

1. Whenever you first see them, ignore them. Do not give them any attention until you are calm and relaxed and where you want to be (preferably sitting).
2. Do not hit raise your tone of voice or make your voice higher when they do something good, in other words don't talk to them like a baby.
3. When they do something incorrectly, make sure they know what they did is wrong by making them sit down and telling them no while pointing at their mistake.
4. When they do something correctly, say good dog in your normal tone of voice and pet them for a few seconds, then just continue on with what you are doing.
5. Try to avoid over attention but also avoid hardly any attention. Just act normally around your dogs and things should work out.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 12:40 am

Brian wrote:
One thing puppies love is attention. They find ways of getting this from their owners such as acting up. The best way to handle this is give your dog a stern no (don't yell) and then look away. This requires a lot of patience but the dog will catch on to what he or she can and can't do. You have to have everyone in your house consistent with this.

You think I try? I've been trying to do this from the start but once my mom started doing it her way and won't listen to my suggestions I got fed up. I'll see if I can let her know.

DirkD wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

Here is what you need to do when you are training a lab.

1. Whenever you first see them, ignore them. Do not give them any attention until you are calm and relaxed and where you want to be (preferably sitting).
2. Do not hit raise your tone of voice or make your voice higher when they do something good, in other words don't talk to them like a baby.
3. When they do something incorrectly, make sure they know what they did is wrong by making them sit down and telling them no while pointing at their mistake.
4. When they do something correctly, say good dog in your normal tone of voice and pet them for a few seconds, then just continue on with what you are doing.
5. Try to avoid over attention but also avoid hardly any attention. Just act normally around your dogs and things should work out.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SuperiorSnowman
Adventurer
Adventurer
SuperiorSnowman

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 8:33 am

What to do: Every time the dog goes to the bathroom outside,give the dog a treat. The dog will learn to go outside.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 12:33 pm

Julia Claw wrote:
Kyuu wrote:
Julia Claw wrote:
Dogs are hilarious.
If course you were.

Throw the dog(s) in a river. Seems to be the most common and efficient solution these days.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 12:38 pm

Jacob wrote:
What to do: Every time the dog goes to the bathroom outside,give the dog a treat. The dog will learn to go outside.

She's already potty-trained... By mess I mean like knocking things down and destroying things.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 7:52 pm

I can't help you if you don't buy moar dogs.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... EmptyNovember 30th 2010, 12:27 am

Kyuu wrote:
I can't help you if you don't buy moar dogs.

My new dog. His name is Snuffy! :)

I think I'm going crazy... Cerberus2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going crazy...   I think I'm going crazy... Empty

Back to top Go down

I think I'm going crazy...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Planet :: Other Discussions :: Chit-Chat-
Jump to: